Windows 10: AIP: Selected user account does not exist in tenant...

Discus and support AIP: Selected user account does not exist in tenant... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am getting this error when I open an office document. Selected user account does not exist in tenant '*****' and cannot access the application... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pinky and the Brain, Sep 16, 2019.

1. AIP: Selected user account does not exist in tenant...

I am getting this error when I open an office document.

Selected user account does not exist in tenant '*****' and cannot access the application 'c00e9*******7db99' in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Please use a different account.

I have a corporate Office365 account associated with an AAD to which my laptop is joined.

I am also 'in' a whole load of other O365 tenants, both as a fully licensed user and as a guest.

How do I go about finding which AAD this AIP prompt is coming from? Right now I have not idea which admin I need to talk to to find out whats going on.

If is correct that this must be associated with the tenant listed in the error message? Or is it simply providing that one because it is the default?

Is it prompting me to log into AIP because an AAD is configured to do so, or is this a local machine/office-install configuration?

AIP: Selected user account does not exist in tenant... 2a145b16-0cf0-4898-bb74-766a0cb61c66?upload=true.jpg

:)

Pinky and the Brain, Sep 16, 2019

2. User account does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft'???

I was trying to read an article from off of MSN, when I hit the link, it required me to enter my Microsoft account again, then it gave me this error message:

Selected user account does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft' and cannot access the application '3f754e00-1ab5-44d6-87f9-c62e4216cc25' in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Please use a different account.

What?! This IS my Microsoft account, that I use to log into my Windows 10 machine at home. The one I've used for many YEARS. How in heck could it "not exist in tenant 'Microsoft'"?

Doctor-Who, Sep 16, 2019
  3. User Account

Hi Barry,

We cannot use a standard (local) account to change the account type to administrator. We can only use an existing administrator account to do this.

We suggest following these steps on how to change the account type to administrator using the existing administrator account:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard, then click on
      Control Panel
    • Choose User Accounts, and then select User Accounts again.
    • Under Make changes to your user account, click on Manage User Accounts. (It will show all user accounts and administrator account on the computer.)
    • Sign out and log on with any administrator account.
    • Go back to Control Panel/User Accounts.
    • Click on Manage User Accounts and then select the standard account you wish to change.
    • Select the Change Account Type option.
    • Select the Administrator option to change the account and click the
      Change Account Type button.

Get back to us if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Sep 16, 2019
  4. AIP: Selected user account does not exist in tenant...

Installing Applications to Select User Accounts

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to avoid the access of all the application in all users. We will help you try resolving this issue.

I suggest you to check while installing any software it gives an option to install on all users or any particular user only.

However this would be application specific to manufacturer.

You can try following the below steps also and check if it helps.

• When you install the software or an application, it makes a shortcut or copy to the public folder where all the users can access the application.
    • Open C:\ Drive and select Users.
    • Select Public, select the files which you don't want to be used by other users and delete the files or Cut and paste in Admin account folder.
    Note: To perform this steps be logged into Admin user.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

AIP: Selected user account does not exist in tenant...

1. AIP: Selected user account does not exist in tenant... - Similar Threads - AIP Selected user

2. AADSTS50020: User account '****' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AADSTS50020: User account '****' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant...: I need to enter this site to work as employer, but dont login.https://my.oneforma.com/Account/login.phpThe error message:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sign inSorry, but we’re having trouble signing you...
  3. AADSTS50020: User account '****' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AADSTS50020: User account '****' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant...: I need to enter this site to work as employer, but dont login.https://my.oneforma.com/Account/login.phpThe error message:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sign inSorry, but we’re having trouble signing you...
  4. AADSTS50020: User account does not exist in tenant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AADSTS50020: User account does not exist in tenant: This has been haunting me for months - shockingly it survived a complete Windows and Visual Studio install from scratch.Every time I login to Visual Studio, I'm faced with half a dozen login screens - one after the other, for various tenants that I have access to. It's pretty...
  5. AADSTS50020: User account does not exist in tenant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AADSTS50020: User account does not exist in tenant: This has been haunting me for months - shockingly it survived a complete Windows and Visual Studio install from scratch.Every time I login to Visual Studio, I'm faced with half a dozen login screens - one after the other, for various tenants that I have access to. It's pretty...
  6. Duplicate user account - but does not exist

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Duplicate user account - but does not exist: Bought a new laptop, Asus - Aspire A515-44. Windows 10 Home - I have installed W10 several times over the years and every time it installs differently, a new set of problems !!! This is the first time with the home edition though. I have set in the registry: Winlogon/default...
  7. User Accounts settings does not exist.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Accounts settings does not exist.: after trying to install a game and then getting a message saying that I do not have permission to install in that folder program files x86 so I googled a solution. it said that I needed to go to User Accounts in the settings. but it doesn't exist on my pc. how do I fix this?...
  8. AIP Unified Client Error. Selected user account does not exist in tenant and cannot access...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AIP Unified Client Error. Selected user account does not exist in tenant and cannot access...: I have installed and re installed the AIP Unified Client but still get the same error below when I open any office application of when right clicking on a file and selecting 'Classify and Protect' from the menu [ATTACH] I have created other tenants to test out AIP, and I...
  9. identity provider “live.com” does not exist in tenant “Microsoft Services”

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    identity provider “live.com” does not exist in tenant “Microsoft Services”: AADSTS50020: User account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** from identity provider “live.com” does not exist in tenant “Microsoft Services” and cannot access the application “29d9ed98-a469-4536-ade2-f981bc1d605e”Microsoft Authentication Broker in that tenant. The...
  10. User account does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft'???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User account does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft'???: I was trying to read an article from off of MSN, when I hit the link, it required me to enter my Microsoft account again, then it gave me this error message: Selected user account does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft' and cannot access the application...