Windows 10: AIP Unified Client Error. Selected user account does not exist in tenant and cannot access...

Discus and support AIP Unified Client Error. Selected user account does not exist in tenant and cannot access... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have installed and re installed the AIP Unified Client but still get the same error below when I open any office application of when right clicking... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CMRowles, Sep 7, 2020.

1. CMRowles Win User

AIP Unified Client Error. Selected user account does not exist in tenant and cannot access...

I have installed and re installed the AIP Unified Client but still get the same error below when I open any office application of when right clicking on a file and selecting 'Classify and Protect' from the menu

AIP Unified Client Error. Selected user account does not exist in tenant  and cannot access... b47e94b4-ddd5-4b05-8fc6-216356e110f9?upload=true.jpg

I have created other tenants to test out AIP, and I have removed these accounts from my machine. Then I have uninstalled, rebooted and then reinstalled the AIP Client but I'm still getting the same error. I have also exported the log files and attempted to look for the solution there, but to no avail. I have also reset the AIP Client. It appears that the AIP Client is still attempting to a connect to one of the test tenants. I have logged the account it is trying to connect to out of all apps, out the error still persists. I have also attempted to clean the registry of any reference to this account in the test tenant, but still the error!!

This exact same problem has been raised before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aip-selected-user-account-does-not-exist-in-tenant/b2b6697a-b614-4029-b705-9c3aeeb81ca6

:)

CMRowles, Sep 7, 2020

2. AIP: Selected user account does not exist in tenant...

I am getting this error when I open an office document.

Selected user account does not exist in tenant '*****' and cannot access the application 'c00e9*******7db99' in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Please use a different account.

I have a corporate Office365 account associated with an AAD to which my laptop is joined.

I am also 'in' a whole load of other O365 tenants, both as a fully licensed user and as a guest.

How do I go about finding which AAD this AIP prompt is coming from? Right now I have not idea which admin I need to talk to to find out whats going on.

If is correct that this must be associated with the tenant listed in the error message? Or is it simply providing that one because it is the default?

Is it prompting me to log into AIP because an AAD is configured to do so, or is this a local machine/office-install configuration?

AIP Unified Client Error. Selected user account does not exist in tenant  and cannot access... 2a145b16-0cf0-4898-bb74-766a0cb61c66?upload=true.jpg

Pinky and the Brain, Sep 7, 2020
  3. User account does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft'???

I was trying to read an article from off of MSN, when I hit the link, it required me to enter my Microsoft account again, then it gave me this error message:

Selected user account does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft' and cannot access the application '3f754e00-1ab5-44d6-87f9-c62e4216cc25' in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Please use a different account.

What?! This IS my Microsoft account, that I use to log into my Windows 10 machine at home. The one I've used for many YEARS. How in heck could it "not exist in tenant 'Microsoft'"?

Doctor-Who, Sep 7, 2020
  4. AIP Unified Client Error. Selected user account does not exist in tenant and cannot access...

AIP: Selected user account does not exist in tenant...

Hi Pinky

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Click Start > Settings > Accounts > Access Work or School.

Do you have multiple accounts listed there too?

Is the Azure AD account configured to sign into Windows 10 and have you tried using that account to sign into Office?

Andre for Directly, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

AIP Unified Client Error. Selected user account does not exist in tenant and cannot access...

1. AIP Unified Client Error. Selected user account does not exist in tenant and cannot access... - Similar Threads - AIP Unified Client

2. AADSTS50020: User account '****' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AADSTS50020: User account '****' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant...: I need to enter this site to work as employer, but dont login.https://my.oneforma.com/Account/login.phpThe error message:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sign inSorry, but we’re having trouble signing you...
  3. AADSTS50020: User account '****' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AADSTS50020: User account '****' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant...: I need to enter this site to work as employer, but dont login.https://my.oneforma.com/Account/login.phpThe error message:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sign inSorry, but we’re having trouble signing you...
  4. AADSTS50020: User account does not exist in tenant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AADSTS50020: User account does not exist in tenant: This has been haunting me for months - shockingly it survived a complete Windows and Visual Studio install from scratch.Every time I login to Visual Studio, I'm faced with half a dozen login screens - one after the other, for various tenants that I have access to. It's pretty...
  5. AADSTS50020: User account does not exist in tenant

AADSTS50020: User account does not exist in tenant: This has been haunting me for months - shockingly it survived a complete Windows and Visual Studio install from scratch.Every time I login to Visual Studio, I'm faced with half a dozen login screens - one after the other, for various tenants that I have access to. It's pretty...
  6. Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...

Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...: I have had a Microsoft account problem notification that has persisted for years and I’ve managed to ignore it for the most part.Here's a rundown of my confusion:Clicking on the problem notification when it either pops up or in the notification center in the bottom right of...
  7. User Accounts settings does not exist.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Accounts settings does not exist.: after trying to install a game and then getting a message saying that I do not have permission to install in that folder program files x86 so I googled a solution. it said that I needed to go to User Accounts in the settings. but it doesn't exist on my pc. how do I fix this?...
  8. AIP: Selected user account does not exist in tenant...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AIP: Selected user account does not exist in tenant...: I am getting this error when I open an office document. Selected user account does not exist in tenant '*****' and cannot access the application 'c00e9*******7db99' in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Please use a different...
  9. User account does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft'???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User account does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft'???: I was trying to read an article from off of MSN, when I hit the link, it required me to enter my Microsoft account again, then it gave me this error message: Selected user account does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft' and cannot access the application...
  10. No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account: Hello All, I'm delighted to have found you and after a long day of trying to help myself i am now requiring your much appreciated assistance please!*cry I'm not a techy person at all and am hoping someone can help*Smile Last week my husband purchased a new hp laptop which...