Windows 10: airplane key

Discus and support airplane key in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft, I have a lenovo laptop, (its model is G50-80) running Windows 10 Pro 64bit edition. Why I am not able to switch Airplane mode on or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AymanFahd, Feb 14, 2019.

1. AymanFahd Win User

airplane key

Hello Microsoft,

I have a lenovo laptop, (its model is G50-80) running Windows 10 Pro 64bit edition.

Why I am not able to switch Airplane mode on or off by using F7 key?

Thank you!

:)

AymanFahd, Feb 14, 2019

2. How to disable Airplane mode permanently on Windows 10?

Hi Hunky,

As you are facing issues with turning on or off Airplane on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

The option you are looking for to permanently disable Airplane mode is unfortunately not available.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps to disable Airplane mode and check if it helps.

Step 1: To turn off Airplane mode from Settings and check.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings
      from the left pane.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon

• Click on the Network icon in the taskbar notification area.

• Click on the Airplane mode button to toggle on or off.

Step 3: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Action Center

• Open Action Center by clicking Windows + A keys from keyboard.

• Click on the Airplane mode quick action button to toggle on or off.

If the settings are not refining, this issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files.

Step 4: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of disabling the Airplane mode for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Airplane will not turn off. WIFI on.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that Airplane mode is not working fine as it is stuck in on position, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I recommend you to follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the build-in network troubleshooter

Follow the steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the Network Adapter.

• Click on Next to perform the Network Adapter troubleshooter and follow the steps.

If the issues persists try the steps below:

Method 2: I suggest you to use wired connection and check if it works.

Method 3:

Please download the latest version of network drivers from the manufacture’s website on your desktop.

Uninstall a driver and re-install it, follow the steps below;

• Press “Windows Key” + “X” on the keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” from the list.
    • Search for the network device you wish to uninstall from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer. After restarting the computer, the driver will automatically be installed.

For any further issues with network connection, I suggest you to refer to the below article and check if it helps:

Wired and wireless network problems

Also, refer to: What's airplane mode? for more information.

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

[*]
    Hope it helps. Kindly get back with the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 14, 2019
  4. airplane key

Airplane mode stuck on. On my desktop

Hi Sturn,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps to disable the Airplane mode.

Step 1: Open Settings, and select or tap on the
    Network & Internet icon.

Step 2. Select or tap on Airplane mode on the left side to turn
    on or off Airplane mode on the right side.

I also suggest you to run the Internet Connections troubleshooter and check

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box
      and Hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Network and Internet and select the Internet connections \Network adapter troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Refer the links for further reference.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/what-is-airplane-mode

also refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-id/windows-10/turn-on-airplane-mode

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

airplane key

1. airplane key - Similar Threads - airplane key

2. camera, microphone and airplane keys are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera, microphone and airplane keys are not working: The keys for the camera F8 and microphone F4 do not work anymore. The other function keys do work, aside from the airplane one. I am using a Windows 11, which has always worked perfectly! Thank you for your help :...
  3. camera, microphone and airplane keys are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera, microphone and airplane keys are not working: The keys for the camera F8 and microphone F4 do not work anymore. The other function keys do work, aside from the airplane one. I am using a Windows 11, which has always worked perfectly! Thank you for your help :...
  4. My laptop keys such as mute, turn brightness down, airplane mode was working but suddenly...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keys such as mute, turn brightness down, airplane mode was working but suddenly...: For example airplane mode is now f12 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keys-such-as-mute-turn-brightness-down/71942838-f0ea-4823-a869-7aabcd817627
  5. My laptop keys such as mute, turn brightness down, airplane mode was working but suddenly...

My laptop keys such as mute, turn brightness down, airplane mode was working but suddenly...: For example airplane mode is now f12 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keys-such-as-mute-turn-brightness-down/71942838-f0ea-4823-a869-7aabcd817627
  6. My laptop keys such as mute, turn brightness down, airplane mode was working but suddenly...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Sleep and airplane mode key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep and airplane mode key: I always keep clicking airplane mode and sleep mode by accident since its on f1 and f2 can someone help me how i can disable those 2 keys because its unbearable, thank you for your help...
  8. Sleep and airplane mode key

Sleep and airplane mode key: I always keep clicking airplane mode and sleep mode by accident since its on f1 and f2 can someone help me how i can disable those 2 keys because its unbearable, thank you for your help...
  9. Airplane hot key not working after reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Airplane hot key not working after reset: I have an Acer laptop for about 3 years suddenly today the airplane toggle switch stopped working fn+f3however the f3 key seems to be working fine I can switch on and off airplane mode by WiFi symbol in the taskbar but the shortcut key is stopped working all of a sudden I...
  10. Which keys would turn on Airplane mode?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Which keys would turn on Airplane mode?: On a previous answer to the question, "Airplane mode turns on automatically", one of the three suggestions were; 1- Battery Saver setting is turning it on 2 - a Keyboard hotkey is accidentally turning Airplane mode to On. [no further explanation offered] "wireless...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is the airplane key for