Windows 10: Airplane mode is grayed out

Discus and support Airplane mode is grayed out in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just bought a refurbished Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 and it is stuck in Airplane Mode. The problem is that it is grayed out so you can't turn it on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jack Lowman, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Airplane mode is grayed out

Just bought a refurbished Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 and it is stuck in Airplane Mode. The problem is that it is grayed out so you can't turn it on or off.

Consequently no wifi.

Help! Thanks

:)

Jack Lowman, Apr 30, 2019

2. airplane mode

Hi Josette,

The challenge that you are experiencing with your computer's airplane mode can occur due to several reasons, such as corrupted system files. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started? When did the issue start?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.
    • Is the option to turn off airplane mode grayed out?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Airplane mode is grayed out on Windows 8

Hi JuliRiedel,

This issue occurs because the Airplane mode setting changes before the wireless devices are configured. Therefore, the system cannot relay the Airplane mode settings to the devices.

To help you resolve your concern, kindly follow these steps:

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, or press the Windows logo key+C.
    2. Tap or click Settings.
    3. Tap or click Change PC Settings.
    4. Tap or click Wireless.
    5. Tap or click an affected device to turn it on again.

Do let us know if you have any other concerns.

Raymond Ave, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Airplane mode is grayed out

Airplane mode stuck on. On my desktop

Hi Sturn,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps to disable the Airplane mode.

Step 1: Open Settings, and select or tap on the
    Network & Internet icon.

Step 2. Select or tap on Airplane mode on the left side to turn
    on or off Airplane mode on the right side.

I also suggest you to run the Internet Connections troubleshooter and check

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box
      and Hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Network and Internet and select the Internet connections \Network adapter troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Refer the links for further reference.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/what-is-airplane-mode

also refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-id/windows-10/turn-on-airplane-mode

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Airplane mode is grayed out

1. Airplane mode is grayed out - Similar Threads - Airplane mode grayed

2. Wifi, Bluetooth, or Airplane mode not working grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi, Bluetooth, or Airplane mode not working grayed out: My laptop was working fine on Wednesday after all the updates. Was not any having any connectivity issues until today when I have to work.There was no icon or setting for wifi connections. Bluetooth troubleshooter said my lapttop does not have the capabilities. And the...
  3. Wifi, Bluetooth, or Airplane mode not working grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi, Bluetooth, or Airplane mode not working grayed out: My laptop was working fine on Wednesday after all the updates. Was not any having any connectivity issues until today when I have to work.There was no icon or setting for wifi connections. Bluetooth troubleshooter said my lapttop does not have the capabilities. And the...
  4. Airplane mode shortcut not working and airplane mode is grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airplane mode shortcut not working and airplane mode is grayed out: Before, airplane mode was grayed out but Fn + PrtScr worked to toggle it.Then, I disabled the Airplane Mode Switch Collection in device management, turned WLAN Autoconfig back on, enabled WiFi adapter in control panel, restarted the laptop, and then airplane wasn't grayed out...
  5. Airplane mode shortcut not working and airplane mode is grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Airplane mode shortcut not working and airplane mode is grayed out: Before, airplane mode was grayed out but Fn + PrtScr worked to toggle it.Then, I disabled the Airplane Mode Switch Collection in device management, turned WLAN Autoconfig back on, enabled WiFi adapter in control panel, restarted the laptop, and then airplane wasn't grayed out...
  6. airplane mode greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    airplane mode greyed out: last night i went to sleep with my laptop still turned on wifi etc and it kinda shut down because i didn't plug in charger and when i wake up to open it i realize the airplane mode is turned on i've tried plugging my wifi adapter in and out. the wifi option is available but...
  7. airplane mode on and grayed out

airplane mode on and grayed out: airport mode on and grayed out. cannot access wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode-on-and-grayed-out/c6606e1d-8b05-4d3d-afd1-edccea90379d
  8. Airplane Mode Greyed Out

Airplane Mode Greyed Out: I have been happy with Windows10 for a while now, but over the last 2 days I have been unable to connect to the internet as all of a sudden I am in airplane mode which is quite strange as I do not have the option of turning it on or off. Please could somebody advise me how to...
  9. Airplane mode is Greyed out

Airplane mode is Greyed out: windows 10 Version 1803 (OS build 17134.472) Lenovo think Pad T430s the airplane button is greyed out and is turned on. I am unable to use wifi. The switch on the side of laptop is turned on. The FN key method is not working. Please help....
  10. Airplane Mode Grayed Out after Laptop went into Sleep Mode

Airplane Mode Grayed Out after Laptop went into Sleep Mode: Running a Dell Laptop with Windows10. Airplane mode was off and wi-fi connected and working. The laptop screen was closed putting the laptop into sleep mode. When I opened up, entered my password, the laptop came back up and the airplane mode was on. I cannot turn airplane...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. airplane mode grayed out windows 10 lenovo laptop

2. airplane mode greyed out in windows 10

3. airplane mode windows grey out

4. Airplane mode option grayed out in windows post 1903,
  5. vitualbox airplane mode stuck no wifi,
  6. airplane mode greyed out,
  7. laptop airplane toggle switch is greyed out