Windows 10: Airplane mode is shown as off, but when trying to connect to the internet, nothing shows up

Discus and support Airplane mode is shown as off, but when trying to connect to the internet, nothing shows up in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since yesterday, airplane mode turned on for my laptop for no reason whatsoever (I did literally nothing!) and have been looking through many sites to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Slithers64, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Airplane mode is shown as off, but when trying to connect to the internet, nothing shows up

Since yesterday, airplane mode turned on for my laptop for no reason whatsoever (I did literally nothing!) and have been looking through many sites to find out how to turn it off, with no success.

:)

Slithers64, Feb 4, 2019

2. Windows10 airplane mode

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Try these steps to disable the Airplane mode.

Step 1: Open Settings, and select or tap on the
    Network & Internet
    icon.

Step 2. Select or tap on Airplane mode on the left side to turn
    on or off
    Airplane mode on the right side.

You may also run the Internet Connections troubleshooter and check

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box
      and Hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Network and Internet and select the Internet connections \Network adapter troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Airplane mode stuck on. On my desktop

Hi Sturn,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps to disable the Airplane mode.

Step 1: Open Settings, and select or tap on the
    Network & Internet icon.

Step 2. Select or tap on Airplane mode on the left side to turn
    on or off Airplane mode on the right side.

I also suggest you to run the Internet Connections troubleshooter and check

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box
      and Hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Network and Internet and select the Internet connections \Network adapter troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Refer the links for further reference.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/what-is-airplane-mode

also refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-id/windows-10/turn-on-airplane-mode

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Airplane mode is shown as off, but when trying to connect to the internet, nothing shows up

Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10

I tried all steps and avenues above to turn Airplane Mode OFF of my Dell PC (equipped with bluetooth/wifi), and Airplane Mode with Windows 10 is always on. Even when I try to click to slide it off, it still slides back to "on". I do not see the Airplane icon however, and also I don't notice any wifi connection issues with my computer as that's how I connect to the internet, so I guess I'll leave well enough alone. Just don't understand why it's always on and wont let me slide it to the off position.

susychpstk, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Airplane mode is shown as off, but when trying to connect to the internet, nothing shows up

1. Airplane mode is shown as off, but when trying to connect to the internet, nothing shows up - Similar Threads - Airplane mode shown

2. Cannot connect to wifi , only show airplane mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to wifi , only show airplane mode: Hey i need help asap, currently i got problem with connecting to my wifi on win 10. Lately when its happen when i got no internet on my connected wifi , then i click disconnected and this thing happen. Only this symbol showed up like computer with red cross and ithere is...
  3. Help. How do i fix this. No airplane mode and no internet options shown here. Can't connect...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help. How do i fix this. No airplane mode and no internet options shown here. Can't connect...: [ATTACH] help. No options showing here submitted by /u/StrongConclusion6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fp2vzx/help_how_do_i_fix_this_no_airplane_mode_and_no/
  4. Internet connected but not showing up.

Internet connected but not showing up.: Since the past few months I am facing a weird issue in my Windows 10. Whenever I am connected to any wireless network or LAN, the network icon shows "Not connected, connections are available." Also, under the wifi name it says "No internet,secured". I am able to work on...
  5. turn airplane mode off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn airplane mode off: I no longer have WIFI and cannot turn airplane mode off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-airplane-mode-off/1b9338c2-2c4a-4d36-9d01-d777628f3aa1
  6. I cannot connect to internet as I'm not able to turn off the airplane mode off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot connect to internet as I'm not able to turn off the airplane mode off: Problem with wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-connect-to-internet-as-im-not-able-to/2e65ff32-598b-4936-bdd8-2eab5cabbe67
  7. Airplane Mode Will Not Turn Off

Airplane Mode Will Not Turn Off: My laptop's flight mode is stuck on. I went to setting and it showed the switch and the text above it grey. I have tried everything to try to fix it but nothing is working as of now. I do not really post on forums much but this is urgent so i need to get it fixed as soon as...
  8. ITRIED TO CONNECT TO WFI AND GET I AM ON AIRPLANE MODE WHEN I TRY TO CHANGE IT IGET NOTHING

ITRIED TO CONNECT TO WFI AND GET I AM ON AIRPLANE MODE WHEN I TRY TO CHANGE IT IGET NOTHING: I TRY TO GET WIFI AND GET TOLD IM ON AIRPLANE MODE WHEN I TRY TO SWITCH IT I GET NOTHING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itried-to-connect-to-wfi-and-get-i-am-on-airplane/2a00d761-4f78-4211-afe0-ba2cf0b13419
  9. Turning off Airplane Mode

Turning off Airplane Mode: How do I turn off airplane mode on my computer, when the wifi/airplane mode icon on the taskbar does not work? (I have clicked on the wifi icon, then on "airplane mode", but nothing changes and cannot turn the mode off)....
  10. Airplane Mode will not toggle off in Network & Internet settings

Airplane Mode will not toggle off in Network & Internet settings: Hello, For some reason the Airplane mode setting can not be turned off in Network and Internet Settings, Network setting from taskbar, or Action center from taskbar. I am using my desktop and will never have it on an airplane. However, the computer does have a wifi adapter...