Windows 10: Airplane mode is shown as off, but when trying to connect to the internet, nothing shows up

Discus and support Airplane mode is shown as off, but when trying to connect to the internet, nothing shows up in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since yesterday, airplane mode turned on for my laptop for no reason whatsoever (I did literally nothing!) and have been looking through many sites to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Slithers64, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Airplane mode is shown as off, but when trying to connect to the internet, nothing shows up

Since yesterday, airplane mode turned on for my laptop for no reason whatsoever (I did literally nothing!) and have been looking through many sites to find out how to turn it off, with no success.

:)

Slithers64, Feb 4, 2019

2. Windows10 airplane mode

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Try these steps to disable the Airplane mode.

Step 1: Open Settings, and select or tap on the
    Network & Internet
    icon.

Step 2. Select or tap on Airplane mode on the left side to turn
    on or off
    Airplane mode on the right side.

You may also run the Internet Connections troubleshooter and check

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box
      and Hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Network and Internet and select the Internet connections \Network adapter troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Airplane mode stuck on. On my desktop

Hi Sturn,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps to disable the Airplane mode.

Step 1: Open Settings, and select or tap on the
    Network & Internet icon.

Step 2. Select or tap on Airplane mode on the left side to turn
    on or off Airplane mode on the right side.

I also suggest you to run the Internet Connections troubleshooter and check

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box
      and Hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Network and Internet and select the Internet connections \Network adapter troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Refer the links for further reference.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/what-is-airplane-mode

also refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-id/windows-10/turn-on-airplane-mode

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Airplane mode is shown as off, but when trying to connect to the internet, nothing shows up

Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10

I tried all steps and avenues above to turn Airplane Mode OFF of my Dell PC (equipped with bluetooth/wifi), and Airplane Mode with Windows 10 is always on. Even when I try to click to slide it off, it still slides back to "on". I do not see the Airplane icon however, and also I don't notice any wifi connection issues with my computer as that's how I connect to the internet, so I guess I'll leave well enough alone. Just don't understand why it's always on and wont let me slide it to the off position.

susychpstk, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Airplane mode is shown as off, but when trying to connect to the internet, nothing shows up

1. Airplane mode is shown as off, but when trying to connect to the internet, nothing shows up - Similar Threads - Airplane mode shown

2. Wi-Fi and airplane mode disappeared, cannot connect to the internet either nothing is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi-Fi and airplane mode disappeared, cannot connect to the internet either nothing is...: [ATTACH] Any ideas anyone? Did a network reset and restarted the pc 3 times submitted by /u/lxjh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/15z9i0u/wifi_and_airplane_mode_disappeared_cannot_connect/
  3. How to fix internet only showing airplane mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix internet only showing airplane mode: Hello, i've got a probelm with the wifi on my windows 10 laptop i cannot connect to the internet i only have airplane mode, the problem seems to come from the intel wifi 6 ax201 160mhz and in properties of this device it in device manager says that ,,Windows has stopped this...
  4. How to fix internet only showing airplane mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix internet only showing airplane mode: Hello, i've got a probelm with the wifi on my windows 10 laptop i cannot connect to the internet i only have airplane mode, the problem seems to come from the intel wifi 6 ax201 160mhz and in properties of this device it in device manager says that ,,Windows has stopped this...
  5. Airplane mode only showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airplane mode only showing up: My computer has randomly started not showing any internet connections, and even after network resetting and troubleshooting it still remains the same.What do I do?This is a windows 11 computer....
  6. Airplane mode only showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Airplane mode only showing up: My computer has randomly started not showing any internet connections, and even after network resetting and troubleshooting it still remains the same.What do I do?This is a windows 11 computer....
  7. When i turn off airplane mode, the connection will disconnect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When i turn off airplane mode, the connection will disconnect: Hello, i'm Melonmidi, i have some problem hereI'm using Windows 10, i have a problem that really bothers me when i use wifi. When i try to connect wifi without airplane mode, it won't be able to connect, but if i use airplane mode, the wifi will connect automatically.I've...
  8. Airplane mode and WiFi are showing up

Airplane mode and WiFi are showing up: I have a desktop computer that wouldn’t show any WiFi networks. I put it on airplane mode and tried to turn it back off but it won’t show airplane mode anyway in my computer. It's not in settings, action center, anything. Is there a way to make my airplane mode show up on...
  9. I cannot connect to internet as I'm not able to turn off the airplane mode off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot connect to internet as I'm not able to turn off the airplane mode off: Problem with wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-connect-to-internet-as-im-not-able-to/2e65ff32-598b-4936-bdd8-2eab5cabbe67
  10. Airplane Mode will not toggle off in Network & Internet settings

Airplane Mode will not toggle off in Network & Internet settings: Hello, For some reason the Airplane mode setting can not be turned off in Network and Internet Settings, Network setting from taskbar, or Action center from taskbar. I am using my desktop and will never have it on an airplane. However, the computer does have a wifi adapter...