Windows 10: airplane mode tray icon (& speaker) not working with hibernate/resume

Discus and support airplane mode tray icon (& speaker) not working with hibernate/resume in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; With the new airplane tray icon, I find that after I resume from a hibernate the icon is not working all the time. With some testing, I found that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rocket777, Jan 22, 2016.

1. rocket777 Win User

airplane mode tray icon (& speaker) not working with hibernate/resume

With the new airplane tray icon, I find that after I resume from a hibernate the icon is not working all the time.

With some testing, I found that if I resumed from hibernate right away then the problem didn't always appear. But after being hibernated a few minutes or more, the problem has appeared every time.

If I turn off airplane mode using the notifications tray icon, the airplane tray icon remains in the tray. I can go to wifi and connect manually, but the airplane tray icon is still there. Hovering over it with the mouse pointer and it says wifi is not connected, even though it is.

In addition, once the airplane icon stops working so does the speaker icon. I can't get left or right mouse clicks to do anything. This behavior of the speaker icon started after the (November) update, which I just installed last week.

Only a restart or shutdown/start clears both these issues.

Anyone else see this?

:)

rocket777, Jan 22, 2016

2. [Win10 Airplane mode]Wi-Fi tray icon won't change to Wi-Fi type after turn on WiFi in Airplane mode.

1.Set airplane mode and turn on Wi-Fi .

2.Check Wi-Fi function and Wi-Fi tray icon

3.Wi-Fi tray icon won't change to Wi-Fi type after turn on WiFi.

Under this condition,I find can access internet by WIFI connection,but the tray icon display airplane mode

That's strange!

xiangwang.zhou, Jan 22, 2016
  3. Andrea_DV Win User
    Network icon disappeared from taskbar after Windows 10 Update 1511

I have this problem also on an Alienware 15. I noticed that the problem is the fact that after win10 upgrade the Fn key is assigned to airplane mode and not to wifi toggle on/off. In windows 10 airplane mode icons override all. But if I turn off only wifi
    (with the icon on the tray) all work like before.

It seems that windows 10 when in airplane mode behave in that way, it would be usefull to reassign the FN+f2 key to wifi toggle and not o airplane mode!

Andrea_DV, Jan 22, 2016
Thema:

airplane mode tray icon (& speaker) not working with hibernate/resume

1. airplane mode tray icon (& speaker) not working with hibernate/resume - Similar Threads - airplane mode tray

2. Airplane mode hotkey not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airplane mode hotkey not working: Hello Microsoft Community,I'm facing an issue with the airplane mode hotkey F7 on my Lenovo Ideapad L340 Gaming Laptop. After performing a clean restore, the hotkey has stopped functioning. I've searched for suitable drivers on the Lenovo website...
  3. Airplane mode shortcut not working and airplane mode is grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airplane mode shortcut not working and airplane mode is grayed out: Before, airplane mode was grayed out but Fn + PrtScr worked to toggle it.Then, I disabled the Airplane Mode Switch Collection in device management, turned WLAN Autoconfig back on, enabled WiFi adapter in control panel, restarted the laptop, and then airplane wasn't grayed out...
  4. Airplane mode shortcut not working and airplane mode is grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Airplane mode shortcut not working and airplane mode is grayed out: Before, airplane mode was grayed out but Fn + PrtScr worked to toggle it.Then, I disabled the Airplane Mode Switch Collection in device management, turned WLAN Autoconfig back on, enabled WiFi adapter in control panel, restarted the laptop, and then airplane wasn't grayed out...
  5. airplane mode icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    airplane mode icon: The airplane mode does not show up on my computer. How do I install it or could some thing be blocking it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode-icon/5c6d896a-61cf-4711-9923-6aa65a37987e
  6. Hibernating resuming error

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernating resuming error: Hi All when i go to resume from hibernate all my applications are gone and i check the event viewer to find The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. But i...
  7. Taskbar Internet Icon in Airplane Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Taskbar Internet Icon in Airplane Mode: [img] I'm seeing something I never seen before. When I left click on the Internet Icon that looks like a computer on my task bar there are words and an icon I never seen before and not sure how to remove. See above image. I never seen the words "Change settings, such as...
  8. airplane mode icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    airplane mode icon: My wifi icon has changed to the airplane mode icon, but I am not on airplane mode. My internet is working normally. Any idea why this happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode-icon/5c3b4d2e-f6da-40b6-a8ef-7ca4158a5562
  9. Hibernation Resume

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernation Resume: When I resume from hibernation It goes thru screens asking if I like this one. How do I stop this? 32155
  10. "Resume from Hibernation"?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Resume from Hibernation"?: I have been using Win10 since July. It has been working fine. Just recently I noticed a blue screen at boot up stating, "resume from hibernation". I have never used hibernation in my life. Sleep mode, yes. Hibernation, no. But I have an SSD and don't use sleep anymore. I do a...