Windows 10: Airpod volume on windows pc is very low

Discus and support Airpod volume on windows pc is very low in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my surface pro 3 laptop to Windows 11 and ever since the volume using my airpod pros is very low unless I turn it up to 100 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JackySigala, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Airpod volume on windows pc is very low

I recently upgraded my surface pro 3 laptop to Windows 11 and ever since the volume using my airpod pros is very low unless I turn it up to 100 and even then it's not very loud. I already turned on loudness equalization on in enhancements and my volume for apps is all the way up. My airpods work totally fine with my iphone and even the startup connection noise on pc is loud. Not sure what to do :/ any help is appreciated thanks ! Airpod volume on windows pc is very low :D

:)

JackySigala, Dec 13, 2021
  2. Vivian_S Win User

Airpod sound extremely low on pc

Hi Noah,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quality of audio is very low when you connect the Airpods to your computer. I appreciate that you have already tried updating the device drivers from Device Manager and performed few troubleshooting steps.

We will certainly look into this issue for you.

For clarity, please let us know

1. What is the version of Windows 10 installed on your computer?
    2. Are you aware of any changes or updates that was installed recently?
    3. Have you tried connecting the Airpod to any other Windows 10 computer, to check if we get the same result?

However, let’s try a few steps and check.

Method 1: Check Audio Enhancements

1. Press
    Windows key + R, to open Run dialog box.

2. Type
    mmsys.cpl and click on OK.

3. Under
    Playback tab, double click on the sound device that you are using.(You can also check the audio format in the
    Advanced tab and select the highest quality available)

4. Click on
    Enhancements tab.

5. Toggle the checkbox for
    Loudness Equalization.

6. Click on
    OK.

Check if there is any difference in volume.

Also, Right click on the speaker icon on the
    Taskbar. Click on
    “OpenVolumeMixer”. Check if the Volume bar is turned up
    for the apps. You can control the volume of apps that are currently running using this option. Make sure the slider is all the way up.

Method 2: Check audio settings for Bluetooth devices.

You may want to check the steps mentioned under
    Audio
    in
    Troubleshoot problems with Bluetooth accessories

Method 3: Update Bluetooth drivers

I would suggest you to
    update the Bluetooth drivers
    from manufacturer website and check.

You can also try the audio troubleshooter in
    Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Let us know if the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Dec 13, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    AirPods paired but won't connect.

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand, Human Interface Devices.
    3. Look for AirPods Audio/Video Remote Control HID and
      AirPods Hands-Free Call Control HID, right click on each entry and select
      Properties.
    4. Go to the Power Management Tab, clear the checkbox for
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    5. Also, repeat step 4 for Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID.
    6. Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 13, 2021
  4. Berglof Win User

Airpod volume on windows pc is very low

Airpods

My airpods don't show up on the list under HID. None of my two set do.

Best,

Erik

Berglof, Dec 13, 2021
Thema:

Airpod volume on windows pc is very low

1. Airpod volume on windows pc is very low - Similar Threads - Airpod volume very

2. Microphone volume very low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone volume very low: My mike volume was completely fine before I upgraded to windows 11, and now it is barely audible, I've updated the drivers, followed many videos on how other people have fixed this, and still haven't got the microphone to raise...
  3. Microphone volume very low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone volume very low: My mike volume was completely fine before I upgraded to windows 11, and now it is barely audible, I've updated the drivers, followed many videos on how other people have fixed this, and still haven't got the microphone to raise...
  4. Airpod volume on windows pc is very low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Airpod volume on windows pc is very low: I recently upgraded my surface pro 3 laptop to Windows 11 and ever since the volume using my airpod pros is very low unless I turn it up to 100 and even then it's not very loud. I already turned on loudness equalization on in enhancements and my volume for apps is all the way...
  5. Low volume on speakers after disconnecting airpods

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low volume on speakers after disconnecting airpods: After I disconnect my airpods from my pc Windows 10, ASUS, the max volume of the speakers is lower than usual, in fact I start hearing stuff when I hit like 25-30 of the max 100 of volume, this is fixed normally when I restart my computer, but is annoying to do it, and some...
  6. Microphone volume is very low.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone volume is very low.: How can I make mic volume louder in Win 10? I don't see a slider like on previous versions of windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-volume-is-very-low/d2759796-edfb-4861-829a-fdc307c60291
  7. Microphone Volume is very low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Volume is very low: I have a user that is having issues with her microphone, I have already checked all windows 10 settings. There is no Microphone Boost option but the volume is set to max, I checked settings in Zoom and the volume is max and input device is correct. I already tried running the...
  8. Volume on Windows 10 very low

Volume on Windows 10 very low: I've had this issue for months. Whenever I start my laptop somehow the loudness of the speaker changes. For example usually when I am listening music without headphone/ earphone around 20% of the volume is loud enough. Then if I restart/ shut down/ sleep the laptop and turn...
  9. Windows 10 volume very low

Windows 10 volume very low: Windows 10 volume level is not sufficient. I have dual boot and on Windows Vista the volume is substantially higher. So, since I have another operating system on the same computer it is not the computer that is the problem. Is there anything I can do to increase the...
  10. Very low volume on computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very low volume on computer: Hey there! I am running windows 10, and have noticed that my volume is very low in youtube, and a game I play called payday 2. I set all my browser settings and my game settings to full and I always keep my volume set to 100, however, they are still to quiet for me. I thought...