Windows 10: AirPods connected but not playing audio

Discus and support AirPods connected but not playing audio in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to use my laptop with my AirPods but for some reason audio isn't playing. When I go into Bluetooth settings it says it's connected and when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/itsnotme54, Jan 30, 2021.

1. AirPods connected but not playing audio

I'm trying to use my laptop with my AirPods but for some reason audio isn't playing. When I go into Bluetooth settings it says it's connected and when I select the AirPods on the sound settings in the taskbar and adjust the volume I can hear the tone in the AirPods. Also when I play a game sound comes from the AirPods but for pretty much everything else like listening to music or watching YouTube sound comes through the speakers. I've dug through pretty much all the sound and Bluetooth settings and looked online but haven't been able to fix it. I've un-paired and re-paired them multiple times and still nothing. I was able to use them before, idk what happened. I'm on an HP laptop on Windows 10 version 1909 build 18363.1316.

submitted by /u/itsnotme54
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/itsnotme54, Jan 30, 2021

2. Airpods not playing ALL PC audio

Hi everyone,

I have a specific issue about certain sound sources not playing through bluetooth-connected Airpods. This problem is occurring on an HP laptop that runs Windows 10. The issue is that audio from Spotify and Youtube plays through my Airpods, however audio
    from a Zoom meeting does not and continues to play out of my laptop's speakers, even when, for example, Spotify is playing through my Airpods simultaneously.

In the Bluetooth devices settings page, under the Audio section, it says my Airpods are 'Connected voice, music". I believe the "music" part of that is why sound from Spotify and Youtube will play through the Airpods but not audio from Zoom, for example.
    I want ALL sound from my PC to go through my Airpods. Any ideas how to fix this? I do not own another set of bluetooth headphones.

I have tried going into the Advanced audio settings page titled "App volume and device preferences", under which I can specify which apps go through which audio output. Even when I changed Zoom's setting to go through my Airpods, the Zoom audio was not routed
    to my Airpods and continued to play through the laptop's speakers.

Thank you in advance.

JackKelly7, Jan 30, 2021
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Problem with audio playing through Apple Airpods

I found this on the CNet website in less than 2 minutes with a search engine (GoogleAirPods connected but not playing audio :)

Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > Add Bluetooth or other device.

In the Add a device window, click Bluetooth.

Put your AirPods in their case and open the lid. Press and hold the button on the back of the case until you see the status light between your two AirPods start pulsing white, and then let go. Your AirPods should show up in the Add a device window. Click to
    pair and connect.

After making the initial connection , you'll be able to reconnect your AirPods and your PC by returning to the Bluetooth & other devices page in Settings. You'll see all of your paired audio devices listed under the Audio header. Select your AirPods from
    the list and click the Connect button.

BulldogXX, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Tee_221 Win User

AirPods connected but not playing audio

Connecting airpods

My airpods are saying their connected and I never had a problem before with them. The sound keeps playing through the speaker instead of the airpods but their clearly connected. I really absolutely hate this computer since it was listed as being a good
    computer and its complete trash but it never didn't connect and work properly. Its a stupid hp windows 10 if that means anything but shouldn't. I just want to know why it isn't playing through my airpods but says connected.

Tee_221, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

AirPods connected but not playing audio

1. AirPods connected but not playing audio - Similar Threads - AirPods connected playing

2. Airpods connect but dont connect audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Airpods connect but dont connect audio: im having a issue where only my airpods dont work with my of i have other speakers that work my airpods connect but also dont connect its very strange it says they are connected but in network manager and in my audio select area they dont show and they also dont make the...
  3. Airpods connect but dont connect audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpods connect but dont connect audio: im having a issue where only my airpods dont work with my of i have other speakers that work my airpods connect but also dont connect its very strange it says they are connected but in network manager and in my audio select area they dont show and they also dont make the...
  4. Airpods connect but dont connect audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Airpods are connected, but no audio or mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpods are connected, but no audio or mic.: Previously it would say Connected, Voice, Music, but this no longer is the case. The audio does not work.This is not a problem with my AirPods as it works perfectly fine with other devices.List of things I've tried that did not solve the problem:Removing the device and...
  6. Airpods are connected, but no audio or mic.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Airpods are connected, but no audio or mic.: Previously it would say Connected, Voice, Music, but this no longer is the case. The audio does not work.This is not a problem with my AirPods as it works perfectly fine with other devices.List of things I've tried that did not solve the problem:Removing the device and...
  7. Airpods not playing sound while connected to device

Airpods not playing sound while connected to device: Hello! I bought a Bluetooth usb, so I can connect airpods and listen music with them. It tells me, that they are connected but when i wear them, the sound doesn't appear and the connected sound doesn't appear either which it should also the sound icon in the bottom right...
  8. Airpods not playing ALL PC audio

Airpods not playing ALL PC audio: Hi everyone, I have a specific issue about certain sound sources not playing through bluetooth-connected Airpods. This problem is occurring on an HP laptop that runs Windows 10. The issue is that audio from Spotify and Youtube plays through my Airpods, however audio from a...
  9. airpods not connecting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    airpods not connecting: Every time I try connecting my AirPods to my computer it says "driver unavailable", I checked the device manager and the "microsoft_hfp_audio_device_97 was not working, I tried updating the driver but that didn't work and I also tried reinstalling it....
  10. Problem with audio playing through Apple Airpods

Problem with audio playing through Apple Airpods: I have seen the same question being asked last year but I don't see a solution. The Airpods are new and there are no connection or sounds issues with either of my iphones and Macbook but with my Dell laptop Inspiron 5559 (Windows 10), I cannot watch a video on any app without...