Windows 10: Airpods not playing sound while connected to device

Discus and support Airpods not playing sound while connected to device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I bought a Bluetooth usb, so I can connect airpods and listen music with them. It tells me, that they are connected but when i wear them, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MoT2, Apr 15, 2021.

1. MoT2 Win User

Airpods not playing sound while connected to device

Hello! I bought a Bluetooth usb, so I can connect airpods and listen music with them. It tells me, that they are connected but when i wear them, the sound doesn't appear and the connected sound doesn't appear either which it should also the sound icon in the bottom right corner of my taskbar says, that there are no in/output devices connected. I tried reinstalling the bluetooth drivers, removing and re-connecting my airpods but still nothing changes. So they seem to be connected but dont give sound and win doesn't recognise them. Airpods not playing sound while connected to device 48fc5219-6c25-4918-9348-6c702ad33f64?upload=true.png

:)

2. Tee_221 Win User

Connecting airpods

My airpods are saying their connected and I never had a problem before with them. The sound keeps playing through the speaker instead of the airpods but their clearly connected. I really absolutely hate this computer since it was listed as being a good
    computer and its complete trash but it never didn't connect and work properly. Its a stupid hp windows 10 if that means anything but shouldn't. I just want to know why it isn't playing through my airpods but says connected.

Tee_221, Apr 15, 2021
  3. tessL97 Win User
    airpods paired but not able to connect

my airpods used to connect and work fine with my surface but all of a sudden they stopped connecting and playing sound through them when connected to the computer. (the airpods work as supposed to with apple devices).

I tried unpairing them and repairing them which didn't work.

I tried following suggestions from both Microsoft advisers and others on here, like going to device manager and looking at power properties, or human interface devices or setting my airpods as the default sound option; none of these worked.

my mom has also had these issues on her older model surface.

I've tried many different ways and honestly kinda mad at this point so, someone please help me

tessL97, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Airpods not playing sound while connected to device

Airpods not playing ALL PC audio

Hi everyone,

I have a specific issue about certain sound sources not playing through bluetooth-connected Airpods. This problem is occurring on an HP laptop that runs Windows 10. The issue is that audio from Spotify and Youtube plays through my Airpods, however audio
    from a Zoom meeting does not and continues to play out of my laptop's speakers, even when, for example, Spotify is playing through my Airpods simultaneously.

In the Bluetooth devices settings page, under the Audio section, it says my Airpods are 'Connected voice, music". I believe the "music" part of that is why sound from Spotify and Youtube will play through the Airpods but not audio from Zoom, for example.
    I want ALL sound from my PC to go through my Airpods. Any ideas how to fix this? I do not own another set of bluetooth headphones.

I have tried going into the Advanced audio settings page titled "App volume and device preferences", under which I can specify which apps go through which audio output. Even when I changed Zoom's setting to go through my Airpods, the Zoom audio was not routed
    to my Airpods and continued to play through the laptop's speakers.

Thank you in advance.

JackKelly7, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Airpods not playing sound while connected to device

1. Airpods not playing sound while connected to device - Similar Threads - Airpods playing sound

2. Airpods connected but no sound? Also connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpods connected but no sound? Also connectivity issues: First thing is when I try to connect my airpods pro 2nd generation it won't work and I have to remove the device from settings and then add them back again. That processes solves the connectivity issues and everything seems fine until after about 5 seconds the disconnect...
  3. Airpods connected but no sound? Also connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Airpods connected but no sound? Also connectivity issues: First thing is when I try to connect my airpods pro 2nd generation it won't work and I have to remove the device from settings and then add them back again. That processes solves the connectivity issues and everything seems fine until after about 5 seconds the disconnect...
  4. Airpods Are connected, but they are not on the sound list.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpods Are connected, but they are not on the sound list.: A few days ago, I updated my Intel Wireless Bluetooth driver with the Intel Driver & Support Assistant. However, upon doing so, it caused the Generic bluetooth radio driver to have problems, preventing me from pairing my airpods. Then when I tried to fix the bluetooth driver...
  5. Airpods Are connected, but they are not on the sound list.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Airpods Are connected, but they are not on the sound list.: A few days ago, I updated my Intel Wireless Bluetooth driver with the Intel Driver & Support Assistant. However, upon doing so, it caused the Generic bluetooth radio driver to have problems, preventing me from pairing my airpods. Then when I tried to fix the bluetooth driver...
  6. AirPods connected but not playing audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    AirPods connected but not playing audio: I'm trying to use my laptop with my AirPods but for some reason audio isn't playing. When I go into Bluetooth settings it says it's connected and when I select the AirPods on the sound settings in the taskbar and adjust the volume I can hear the tone in the AirPods. Also when...
  7. Airpods connected but no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Airpods connected but no sound: Hi, I just recently connected my Airpods to my laptop and the sound was working fine for about ten minutes before it stopped altogether. I checked the Bluetooth settings and confirmed that they are connected and paired. However, when I checked the sound settings, it looks...
  8. Playing connection sound when bluetooth device connects

in Windows 10 Customization
    Playing connection sound when bluetooth device connects: Hi community Was reaching out to see if there was a way to add a sound when a bluetooth device ie controller connects / disconnects to windows. Basically looking for the same functionality when a usb device connects or disconnects. Looked through control panel sounds,...
  9. Sound won't turn up or down while airpods are connected.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound won't turn up or down while airpods are connected.: So I'm trying to listen to Spotify and I connected my air pods but my volume wont go up or down. It stays as one volume and doesn't change. I can move the volume bar with my mouse but it doesn't change pitch its just the same volume the whole time. I don't know how to fix it...
  10. AirPods Pro doesn't play any sound when connected to the computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AirPods Pro doesn't play any sound when connected to the computer: so, i started using airpods for the computer a while back however, later, my right airpods creates a tiny glitchy sound for a millisecond, and all of a sudden there's no more sound from the computer. it gets fixed if the "glitchy" sound plays again, but i want a better way...