Windows 10: AirPods Pro and Windows 10

Discus and support AirPods Pro and Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to use my Airpods Pro variously as speakers and a headset for my Windows 10 PC. I've done the Bluetooth pairing no problem, however there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jon R, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Jon R Win User

AirPods Pro and Windows 10

I'm trying to use my Airpods Pro variously as speakers and a headset for my Windows 10 PC. I've done the Bluetooth pairing no problem, however there are a couple of problems:

1. There's no obvious rhyme or reason as to when Windows connects using headset/SCO profile and when it uses audio out/A2DP profile, nor any obvious way to select which to use. This matters because if I'm using them as a headset then it has to be the former or else there's no microphone, and if as speakers then the latter is far superior not least because it's then in stereo.
    2. The headset profile, when I can get it to activate, is ok for audio out but the microphone... doesn't work. The recorded sound is like a thousand screaming monkeys. Seriously, it sounds like the microphone has been dropped into the 7th circle of hell and is channelling the screams of the damned. There is no trace whatsoever of the actual audio - Brexit and COVID-19 notwithstanding, to the best of my knowledge I am not in fact currently in the 7th circle of hell. Yet it clearly must be receiving it ok because it successfully detects when I am or am not speaking.

Needless to say it's not the Airpod hardware - they work fine when connected to my MacBook or my iPhone - and with these devices they automatically select the correct Bluetooth profile to use as appropriate.

:)

Jon R, Mar 23, 2020

2. Airpods Pro super loud on Windows 10

Recently, my AirPods Pro began playing at max volume when connected to Windows 10. I can move the Windows volume slider up and down and the volume does not change. The AirPods Pro were working just fine for several weeks, not I can not use them on Windows

I found this post and followed its advice, but it did not fix the issue. I have removed the AirPods Pro device from the computer, rebooted the computer, and re-paired the AirPods Pro. No change. The AirPods Pro work fine on my iPhone.

EDIT: It appears that the issue is with the "Headset" device. If I switch the volume profile to "Headphones" the volume plays normally and can be adjusted by the slider. See reply from "lacrumb" below. However, this is not a permanent solution for me as
    I frequently take calls and need the "Headset" to work for that.

Any suggestions?

bbains_582, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Airpods pro connectivity to Surface Book 2

I can't connect my airpods pro headphones to my SB2. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

JoanneJoanne2, Mar 23, 2020
  4. AirPods Pro and Windows 10

Airpod Pro pairing

Hi HudsonPitchford,

My name is Marc, thanks for participating in the Microsoft Community, I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

See the suggestions on the following link of a website that some Windows MVPs share, they are the detailed steps to pair and connect them to Windows, if you can't make them work, you can go to the section >> How to Fix Windows 10 Apple AirPod Sync Problems

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-connect-airpods...

Let me know if you have something else that I can help you with, I'd be happy to help.

Happy holidays

Regards,

Marc M.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

MarcMorelli56, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

AirPods Pro and Windows 10

1. AirPods Pro and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - AirPods Pro

2. AirPods Pro keeps automatically connecting to Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AirPods Pro keeps automatically connecting to Bluetooth: Whenever I am using my Airpods Pro on my iPhone and I turn on my laptop, they automatically connect to my laptop. This is extremely frustrating as I have to then disconnect them from my laptop and then connect them to my iPhone again. How do I stop it from automatically...
  3. AirPods Pro keeps automatically connecting to Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AirPods Pro keeps automatically connecting to Bluetooth: Whenever I am using my Airpods Pro on my iPhone and I turn on my laptop, they automatically connect to my laptop. This is extremely frustrating as I have to then disconnect them from my laptop and then connect them to my iPhone again. How do I stop it from automatically...
  4. Can't reconnect AirPods Pro to my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reconnect AirPods Pro to my PC: My airpods were not connecting to my PC so I decided to remove them and tried to pair them again. At first I couldn't remove the device, so I tried all the next options:Removing them from device manager.Removing keys from registry editor.Stopping the bluetooth support service...
  5. Can't reconnect AirPods Pro to my PC

Can't reconnect AirPods Pro to my PC: My airpods were not connecting to my PC so I decided to remove them and tried to pair them again. At first I couldn't remove the device, so I tried all the next options:Removing them from device manager.Removing keys from registry editor.Stopping the bluetooth support service...
  6. AIRPODS PRO BAD SOUND QUALITY W11

AIRPODS PRO BAD SOUND QUALITY W11: YOUR MIC MAY NEED SHUT OFF. IF THIS DOESN’T SOLVE IT, RESTART YOUR COMPUTER AND ENSURE THAT THE MICROPHONE IS NOT ACTIVATED AND THEN TEST SOUND. I may be late to the party. Regardless, I am a new owner of a Windows 11 equipped computer and, while attempting to use my AirPods...
  7. AIRPODS PRO BAD SOUND QUALITY W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AIRPODS PRO BAD SOUND QUALITY W11: YOUR MIC MAY NEED SHUT OFF. IF THIS DOESN’T SOLVE IT, RESTART YOUR COMPUTER AND ENSURE THAT THE MICROPHONE IS NOT ACTIVATED AND THEN TEST SOUND. I may be late to the party. Regardless, I am a new owner of a Windows 11 equipped computer and, while attempting to use my AirPods...
  8. Airpods pro 2 not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Airpods pro 2 not working on windows 10: My airpods just stopped working for no reason.They still work on my iphone. My other headphones also work on my PC. Literally nothing changed except they were disconnected from my PC at one point, I vaccumed slightly close to my pc then the next time 1 hour ago it stopped...
  9. Airpods pro 2 not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpods pro 2 not working on windows 10: My airpods just stopped working for no reason.They still work on my iphone. My other headphones also work on my PC. Literally nothing changed except they were disconnected from my PC at one point, I vaccumed slightly close to my pc then the next time 1 hour ago it stopped...
  10. Airpods pro 2 not working on windows 10

Users found this page by searching for:

1. air pods pro hands-free ag audio

2. airpods stereo hands free volume

3. what is airpods pro hands-free ag audio?

4. airpods poor sound quality windows,
  5. airpods pro windows 10 bluetooth profile