Windows 10: AIrpods Pro - can't use microphone

Discus and support AIrpods Pro - can't use microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is a strange problem; since working from home during Covid, I have been using Airpods Pro for taking calls on Teams and Zoom with no problem, both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TylerCdG, Aug 31, 2020.

1. TylerCdG Win User

AIrpods Pro - can't use microphone

This is a strange problem; since working from home during Covid, I have been using Airpods Pro for taking calls on Teams and Zoom with no problem, both on a Surface Book 2 & my current Surface Pro 7. When connected to either of these devices, it showed in the device list as "Connected voice, music", and I never had any issues using it as an ordinary stereo headset with mic. HOWEVER, I had to reset my Airpods due to a charging problem, and after re-pairing them to the Surface, it only connects for music, and I can't get any apps to recognize the microphone in any way. I used to be able to swap sources for both audio and microphone back and forth in any app without a problem.

What. is. going. on?

:)

TylerCdG, Aug 31, 2020

2. Setting up Airpods microphone assistance

I am attempting to set up my Apple Airpods with my PC.

I have a Bluetooth USB Adapter, that is plugged in, and working. I have paired the Airpods with the computer, and they show within the devices. I can hear sound coming from them, however when attempting to use the microphone, for in game chat, or Skype calls,
    this doesn't work.

I also have a wired headset, that has a built in microphone, and this microphone too doesn't work, which makes me think there is an issue with microphones being set up.

The USB webcam that I have, which has a microphone built in, does work, however I wish to use the microphone, ideally, from my Airpods.

I have checked that the apps I'm looking to use the Airpods with, has permissions, which it does.

mattw29878, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Airpod Pro pairing

Only the audio work or the microphone I can not get the Airpod Pros to work with both. I need this for Webex calls etc.. is there a new windows patch or driver that will support this? I have a Lenovo X1 Yoga Gen 1 with blietooth.

thanks

ChrisProbasco, Aug 31, 2020
  4. AIrpods Pro - can't use microphone

Airpods pro connectivity to Surface Book 2

I can't connect my airpods pro headphones to my SB2. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

JoanneJoanne2, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

AIrpods Pro - can't use microphone

1. AIrpods Pro - can't use microphone - Similar Threads - AIrpods Pro can't

2. AirPods Pro Sound Quality Bad When Using Microphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AirPods Pro Sound Quality Bad When Using Microphone.: My AirPods Pro 2nd Generation sound good when I am using them normally. However, when I start using the microphone, the sound quality degrades significantly. For example, when I am playing a game and using the microphone to talk to others, the sound quality is bad but when I...
  3. AirPods Pro Sound Quality Bad When Using Microphone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AirPods Pro Sound Quality Bad When Using Microphone.: My AirPods Pro 2nd Generation sound good when I am using them normally. However, when I start using the microphone, the sound quality degrades significantly. For example, when I am playing a game and using the microphone to talk to others, the sound quality is bad but when I...
  4. Using AirPods Pro 2 on the computer, microphone Don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using AirPods Pro 2 on the computer, microphone Don't work: I tried almost everything in the settings, maybe I missed something, I would appreciate your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-airpods-pro-2-on-the-computer-microphone/e9670c37-5e1a-4f42-89bf-21ee3bdaa101
  5. Using AirPods Pro 2 on the computer, microphone Don't work

Using AirPods Pro 2 on the computer, microphone Don't work: I tried almost everything in the settings, maybe I missed something, I would appreciate your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-airpods-pro-2-on-the-computer-microphone/e9670c37-5e1a-4f42-89bf-21ee3bdaa101
  6. AirPods Pro 2 Microphone Not Working on PC

AirPods Pro 2 Microphone Not Working on PC: I have my AirPods Pro 2 connected to my Windows 11 computer. I can hear audio correctly from them. However, the microphone is not working. I think this may be because my AirPods Pro 2 are labeled as "Headphones" instead of "Headset" in my task bar see picture below.I have to...
  7. AirPods Pro 2 Microphone Not Working on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AirPods Pro 2 Microphone Not Working on PC: I have my AirPods Pro 2 connected to my Windows 11 computer. I can hear audio correctly from them. However, the microphone is not working. I think this may be because my AirPods Pro 2 are labeled as "Headphones" instead of "Headset" in my task bar see picture below.I have to...
  8. Airpods pro with external microphone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Airpods pro with external microphone?: I have a question, i have airpods pro and im aware that i can't use them as a headset while still getting good sound quality, but i wondered if i can buy an external mic and then get good sound quality through my airpods on discord while using the external mic? Or do you need...
  9. airpod pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    airpod pro: Hello, I have tried multiple times connecting my airpod pros to my computer, however, everytime I do, it says that the driver is unavailable, I have tried uninstalling and updating the drivers and that did not work....
  10. AirPods Pro doesn't play any sound when a program uses microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AirPods Pro doesn't play any sound when a program uses microphone: when a program is using the microphone and showing the icon, every sound from the computer completely gets cut off. when i go back to a program that doesn't use microphone, or quit the program, all the sounds come back. is there anyway to fix this?...