Windows 10: AirPods Pro doesn't play any sound when a program uses microphone

Discus and support AirPods Pro doesn't play any sound when a program uses microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when a program is using the microphone and showing the icon, every sound from the computer completely gets cut off. when i go back to a program that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by paper2222, Jan 10, 2020.

1. paper2222 Win User

AirPods Pro doesn't play any sound when a program uses microphone

when a program is using the microphone and showing the icon, every sound from the computer completely gets cut off.

when i go back to a program that doesn't use microphone, or quit the program, all the sounds come back.

is there anyway to fix this?

:)

paper2222, Jan 10, 2020
  2. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Jan 10, 2020
  3. paper2222 Win User
    AirPods Pro doesn't play any sound when connected to the computer

so, i started using airpods for the computer a while back

however, later, my right airpods creates a tiny glitchy sound for a millisecond, and all of a sudden there's no more sound from the computer.

it gets fixed if the "glitchy" sound plays again, but i want a better way to fix other than rng.

paper2222, Jan 10, 2020
  4. AirPods Pro doesn't play any sound when a program uses microphone

Airpods Pro super loud on Windows 10

Recently, my AirPods Pro began playing at max volume when connected to Windows 10. I can move the Windows volume slider up and down and the volume does not change. The AirPods Pro were working just fine for several weeks, not I can not use them on Windows

I found this post and followed its advice, but it did not fix the issue. I have removed the AirPods Pro device from the computer, rebooted the computer, and re-paired the AirPods Pro. No change. The AirPods Pro work fine on my iPhone.

EDIT: It appears that the issue is with the "Headset" device. If I switch the volume profile to "Headphones" the volume plays normally and can be adjusted by the slider. See reply from "lacrumb" below. However, this is not a permanent solution for me as
    I frequently take calls and need the "Headset" to work for that.

Any suggestions?

bbains_582, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

AirPods Pro doesn't play any sound when a program uses microphone

1. AirPods Pro doesn't play any sound when a program uses microphone - Similar Threads - AirPods Pro doesn't

2. AirPods Pro Sound Quality Bad When Using Microphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AirPods Pro Sound Quality Bad When Using Microphone.: My AirPods Pro 2nd Generation sound good when I am using them normally. However, when I start using the microphone, the sound quality degrades significantly. For example, when I am playing a game and using the microphone to talk to others, the sound quality is bad but when I...
  3. AirPods Pro Sound Quality Bad When Using Microphone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AirPods Pro Sound Quality Bad When Using Microphone.: My AirPods Pro 2nd Generation sound good when I am using them normally. However, when I start using the microphone, the sound quality degrades significantly. For example, when I am playing a game and using the microphone to talk to others, the sound quality is bad but when I...
  4. Airpod sound extremely low on pc when microphone used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpod sound extremely low on pc when microphone used: I've noticed recently after some windows update that my Airpods pro gen 2 generate extremely low sound, but only when I'm on Zoom/Skype where also my microphone is being used. If I switch the use of the microphone from Airpod to some other mic, the sound volume on Airpods...
  5. Airpod sound extremely low on pc when microphone used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Airpod sound extremely low on pc when microphone used: I've noticed recently after some windows update that my Airpods pro gen 2 generate extremely low sound, but only when I'm on Zoom/Skype where also my microphone is being used. If I switch the use of the microphone from Airpod to some other mic, the sound volume on Airpods...
  6. Airpods won't play sound when using bluetooth windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Airpods won't play sound when using bluetooth windows 10: Hi, Whenever I connect my airpods through Bluetooth with my laptop, the sound keeps coming from the laptop, and won't come through the airpods. Is this a known problem? Is there a known fix for this? I have tried reconnecting, removing all devices, etc. Thanks in...
  7. Airpods pro with external microphone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Airpods pro with external microphone?: I have a question, i have airpods pro and im aware that i can't use them as a headset while still getting good sound quality, but i wondered if i can buy an external mic and then get good sound quality through my airpods on discord while using the external mic? Or do you need...
  8. AIrpods Pro - can't use microphone

AIrpods Pro - can't use microphone: This is a strange problem; since working from home during Covid, I have been using Airpods Pro for taking calls on Teams and Zoom with no problem, both on a Surface Book 2 & my current Surface Pro 7. When connected to either of these devices, it showed in the device list as...
  9. Airpods Pro Microphone just doesn't work on my Windows

Airpods Pro Microphone just doesn't work on my Windows: I've had this problem for a while but it never bothered me enough to do anything, now however it's getting annoying. I've seen so many other forums and threads about this but nothing has ever worked. I've got Airpod Pros and for some reason the microphone doesn't work on...
  10. AirPods Pro doesn't play any sound when connected to the computer

AirPods Pro doesn't play any sound when connected to the computer: so, i started using airpods for the computer a while back however, later, my right airpods creates a tiny glitchy sound for a millisecond, and all of a sudden there's no more sound from the computer. it gets fixed if the "glitchy" sound plays again, but i want a better way...