Windows 10: AirPods Pro gen 2 microphone not working on windows 11, but audio is

Discus and support AirPods Pro gen 2 microphone not working on windows 11, but audio is in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My new airpods pro 2, May 2024. latest version firmware and windows 11 latest version of everything: Windows pairs with Bluetooth 100%. The audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tony Davis tonyd, May 22, 2024.

1. AirPods Pro gen 2 microphone not working on windows 11, but audio is

My new airpods pro 2, May 2024. latest version firmware and windows 11 latest version of everything: Windows pairs with Bluetooth 100%. The audio speakers work fine, but windows cannot "hear " the microphone. This is across Windows test in settings and zoom and Teams. Have reset, repaired, checked drivers etc. Mic works fine with other input devices, just not the airpod mic.How can I resolve this? Here's my settings screenshot:

:)

Tony Davis tonyd, May 22, 2024

2. AirPods Pro 2 Microphone Not Working on PC

Hi, my name is Kelly, and I'm an independent consultant and I'm here to help.

It's possible that your AirPods Pro 2 are not being recognized as a headset because they are not properly set up to work as a microphone on your Windows 11 computer. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

Check the AirPods Pro 2 settings: Make sure that your AirPods Pro 2 are set up to work as a microphone on your Windows 11 computer. To do this, go to Settings > System > Sound > Input > Choose your input device and select your AirPods Pro 2.

Check the microphone settings: Go to Settings > System > Sound > Input > Device properties > Additional device properties. In the Microphone Properties window, go to the Levels tab and make sure that the microphone volume is turned up.

Update audio drivers: Go to Device Manager and check if there are any updates for your audio drivers. Right-click on the audio driver and select Update driver. Alternatively, you can visit the manufacturer's website to download and install the latest audio drivers for your Windows 11 computer.

Reset your AirPods Pro 2: Try resetting your AirPods Pro 2 by putting them in their case, pressing and holding the button on the back until the light flashes amber, and then repairing them with your Windows 11 computer.

If none of these steps work, you may want to contact Apple support or your computer manufacturer for further assistance.

kelly Lopes1, May 22, 2024
  3. Saltgrass Win User
    AirPods Pro 2 Microphone Not Working on PC

I see you are showing the AirPods Pro version but you state you are using the AirPods Pro 2 version. The reason I am asking is because I found out that my AirPods Pro 2 are not working with the microphone but my AirPods Pro, are.

I have not yet tried a hard reset, as has been suggested previously. My indications are like the ones you show in your attachments.

Saltgrass, May 22, 2024
  4. AirPods Pro gen 2 microphone not working on windows 11, but audio is

How do you maintain audio and microphone quality with Airpod Pros 2 on Windows 11?

Look, this has been an occurring issue since Windows 10 that needs to be fixed. I'm not sure why this happens but it does and It's quite annoying. Basically, connecting your Airpod Pros 2 to Windows 11 will give a muffled effect that gives these amazing earphones no justice. While I understand that it has slightly been fixed since Windows 10, which wouldn't even allow you to even listen to them unless you disabled the microphone, it is still unusable. While in Windows 11, having them connected with your microphone muffles the sound, and disabling the microphone fixes the issue once again, I want to be able to use my microphone. The OS will automatically, for whatever reason, make the input device 1 channel, 16 bit, 48000 Hz. I'm positive this is the reason for the audio quality drop, but I want to be able to at least change it in the settings, but the settings show no option to change the format.

Is there a way to manually install and use a different format to increase audio quality whilst also being able to use the microphone on the Airpod Pros 2?

Thank you for reading!

Mikey Williams, May 22, 2024
Thema:

AirPods Pro gen 2 microphone not working on windows 11, but audio is

1. AirPods Pro gen 2 microphone not working on windows 11, but audio is - Similar Threads - AirPods Pro gen

2. Airpods Pro 2 Mic doesn't work on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpods Pro 2 Mic doesn't work on Windows 11: My Airpods Pro 2 work perfectly fine when I'm listening to something on my laptop but when it comes to speaking through the microphone during online meetings its just blank.I've tried all possible fixes for this problem prior to posting this but it still hasn't been fixed.My...
  3. Airpods Pro 2 Mic doesn't work on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Airpods Pro 2 Mic doesn't work on Windows 11: My Airpods Pro 2 work perfectly fine when I'm listening to something on my laptop but when it comes to speaking through the microphone during online meetings its just blank.I've tried all possible fixes for this problem prior to posting this but it still hasn't been fixed.My...
  4. AirPods Pro gen 2 microphone not working on windows 11, but audio is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AirPods Pro gen 2 microphone not working on windows 11, but audio is: My new airpods pro 2, May 2024. latest version firmware and windows 11 latest version of everything: Windows pairs with Bluetooth 100%. The audio speakers work fine, but windows cannot "hear " the microphone. This is across Windows test in settings and zoom and Teams. Have...
  5. Gen 3 AirPods not playing audio anymore on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gen 3 AirPods not playing audio anymore on windows 11.: Hi, I’m having issues with my AirPods. The odd thing is they worked just fine for around the first 2 days on my laptop, but now they don’t play audio into them when connected to it. Instead, it says they’re connected but the audio still comes from the laptop speakers.I’ve...
  6. Gen 3 AirPods not playing audio anymore on windows 11.

Gen 3 AirPods not playing audio anymore on windows 11.: Hi, I’m having issues with my AirPods. The odd thing is they worked just fine for around the first 2 days on my laptop, but now they don’t play audio into them when connected to it. Instead, it says they’re connected but the audio still comes from the laptop speakers.I’ve...
  7. Using AirPods Pro 2 on the computer, microphone Don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using AirPods Pro 2 on the computer, microphone Don't work: I tried almost everything in the settings, maybe I missed something, I would appreciate your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-airpods-pro-2-on-the-computer-microphone/e9670c37-5e1a-4f42-89bf-21ee3bdaa101
  8. Using AirPods Pro 2 on the computer, microphone Don't work

Using AirPods Pro 2 on the computer, microphone Don't work: I tried almost everything in the settings, maybe I missed something, I would appreciate your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-airpods-pro-2-on-the-computer-microphone/e9670c37-5e1a-4f42-89bf-21ee3bdaa101
  9. AirPods Pro 2 Microphone Not Working on PC

AirPods Pro 2 Microphone Not Working on PC: I have my AirPods Pro 2 connected to my Windows 11 computer. I can hear audio correctly from them. However, the microphone is not working. I think this may be because my AirPods Pro 2 are labeled as "Headphones" instead of "Headset" in my task bar see picture below.I have to...
  10. AirPods Pro 2 Microphone Not Working on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AirPods Pro 2 Microphone Not Working on PC: I have my AirPods Pro 2 connected to my Windows 11 computer. I can hear audio correctly from them. However, the microphone is not working. I think this may be because my AirPods Pro 2 are labeled as "Headphones" instead of "Headset" in my task bar see picture below.I have to...