Windows 10: Airpods sound settings output option

Discus and support Airpods sound settings output option in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good Day I have a small question concerning pairing, connecting, and having the output speaker to be through the airpods I know Apple airpods might... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Felixkh, May 2, 2020.

1. Felixkh Win User

Airpods sound settings output option

Good Day

I have a small question concerning pairing, connecting, and having the output speaker to be through the airpods

I know Apple airpods might not be compatible with windows, plus i saw the queston being asked more than once

no solution did help, tried the trouble shooting

it gets paired and connected, but nothing happens, it changes the status from connected to paired

plus what i noticed you don't even see the option in the sound settings to make the output through the airpods

the only Method, that I didn't try, is updating or installing software through the Device Manager-Bluetooth-mydeviceairpods and to update it

cuz I'm afraid if this step is done, I might irritate or ruin the airpods software, risking losing them

DO YOU HAVE AN IDEA; IF IT'S A GOOD STEP OR AN IDEA OF SUCCESSFUL ONE ?

all best for you

F

:)

Felixkh, May 2, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

5.1 surround sound issue in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

If you’re connecting an optical cable the settings would be changed so try the following steps

Two options:

1. Use the optical S/PDIF output of your motherboard.

2. Use the HDMI output of your GPU. (This is what I'd recommend if you're using a HDMI display).

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel.

• Select sound.

• Click on playback devices.

For option 1- connect the cable and set the 'Realtek digital output' as default device.

• Then right click on it.

• Go to properties.

• At the rightmost tab select DTS or Dolby Digital or 5.1.
    For option 2-connect the HDMI cable through the receiver and set the 'Nvidia HDMI Output' as your default device. Then click 'Configure' and select 5.1 and check if it helps.

If the issue persist then, I suggest you to connect the speakers directly and check in the realtek audio manager if he gets the 5.1 option or not using the SPDIF\output.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 2, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    AirPods paired but won't connect.

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand, Human Interface Devices.
    3. Look for AirPods Audio/Video Remote Control HID and
      AirPods Hands-Free Call Control HID, right click on each entry and select
      Properties.
    4. Go to the Power Management Tab, clear the checkbox for
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    5. Also, repeat step 4 for Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID.
    6. Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 2, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Airpods sound settings output option :p

cadaveca, May 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Airpods sound settings output option - Similar Threads - Airpods sound settings

2. Only one output sound device in sound mixer options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only one output sound device in sound mixer options: So I recently downloaded blue tooth drivers and connected my wireless headphones but the in the default output option in sound mixer option its only speaker. So I have to add my output to apps manually but it doesn't work quite right. For example, in opera gx YouTube works...
  3. Only one output sound device in sound mixer options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only one output sound device in sound mixer options: So I recently downloaded blue tooth drivers and connected my wireless headphones but the in the default output option in sound mixer option its only speaker. So I have to add my output to apps manually but it doesn't work quite right. For example, in opera gx YouTube works...
  4. Only one output sound device in sound mixer options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Missing sound settings option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing sound settings option: Hi,I reinstalled my windows 10 and the option for sound setting in SYSTEM display, sound, notifications, apps power is missing so I can no longer adjust the volume microphone and such. How can I get it back?...
  6. Missing sound settings option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing sound settings option: Hi,I reinstalled my windows 10 and the option for sound setting in SYSTEM display, sound, notifications, apps power is missing so I can no longer adjust the volume microphone and such. How can I get it back?...
  7. Missing sound settings option

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Airpods connected but no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Airpods connected but no sound: Hi, I just recently connected my Airpods to my laptop and the sound was working fine for about ten minutes before it stopped altogether. I checked the Bluetooth settings and confirmed that they are connected and paired. However, when I checked the sound settings, it looks...
  9. Need help to activate AirPods in Sounds Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help to activate AirPods in Sounds Settings: Hi, I just bought a Bluetooth USB dongle to connect my AirPods (2nd Gen.) to my desktop PC. After some tries, I succeeded in the first step, which is to connect the said AirPods. But, I can't chose those in the sound option, because they aren't activated in the Sounds...
  10. Old sound settings options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old sound settings options: Hello all! As I'm sure you've seen this story before, windows 10 changes something and it irritates people. Well this time, it finally got me. The sound settings. WHY, when I right click on my sound icon in the toolbar, and select sound options, it doesn't take me to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apple airpods show connected but no sound on dell xps

2. airpods no sound on HP Laptop