Windows 10: AirPods won't initially connect

Discus and support AirPods won't initially connect in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just bought a pair of AirPods and have been trying to connect them to my Windows 10 PC. The device shows up when I click "Add a Device," but then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnnaW_365, Oct 22, 2020.

1. AnnaW_365 Win User

AirPods won't initially connect

I just bought a pair of AirPods and have been trying to connect them to my Windows 10 PC. The device shows up when I click "Add a Device," but then says "connecting..." for about a minute before saying "We didn't get any response from the device. Try connecting again." I turned Bluetooth off on my phone so it wouldn't interfere and tried both restarting and completely shutting down my computer. No luck. Any suggestions?

:)

AnnaW_365, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Tee_221 Win User

Connecting airpods

My airpods are saying their connected and I never had a problem before with them. The sound keeps playing through the speaker instead of the airpods but their clearly connected. I really absolutely hate this computer since it was listed as being a good
    computer and its complete trash but it never didn't connect and work properly. Its a stupid hp windows 10 if that means anything but shouldn't. I just want to know why it isn't playing through my airpods but says connected.

Tee_221, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    AirPods paired but won't connect.

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand, Human Interface Devices.
    3. Look for AirPods Audio/Video Remote Control HID and
      AirPods Hands-Free Call Control HID, right click on each entry and select
      Properties.
    4. Go to the Power Management Tab, clear the checkbox for
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    5. Also, repeat step 4 for Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID.
    6. Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 22, 2020
  4. AirPods won't initially connect

AirPods paired but won't connect.

AirPods paired but won' connect, I tried:

-Deleting the drivers and updating them.

-Putting Bluetooth Support Service to Automatic and restarting

-Troubleshooted everything

-Tried every 'connect' button on every window I know such as:

-Sound control panel, Devices and Printers, Bluetooth settings, Action Center (Connect button)

And still doesn't connect

-Scanned for hardware changes

It shows up on my Playback settings as disconnected (AirPods Stereo and AirPods Hands Free AG). Everytime I hit the connect button nothing happens.

LeonardoMorales5, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

AirPods won't initially connect

1. AirPods won't initially connect - Similar Threads - AirPods won't initially

2. Airpods Not Connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpods Not Connecting: When trying to connect my airpods to Windows 10, the airpods come up as headphones rather than airpods like they would before, then continue to say connecting for ages. It gets stuck there, I've paired them before. I've updated all my drivers and all, but I cant seem to get...
  3. Airpods Not Connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Airpods Not Connecting: When trying to connect my airpods to Windows 10, the airpods come up as headphones rather than airpods like they would before, then continue to say connecting for ages. It gets stuck there, I've paired them before. I've updated all my drivers and all, but I cant seem to get...
  4. Airpods Not Connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Airpods Not Connecting: When trying to connect my airpods to Windows 10, the airpods come up as headphones rather than airpods like they would before then continue to say connecting for ages. It gets stuck there, I've paired them before. I've updated all my drivers and all, but I cant seem to get...
  5. Airpods won't stay connected.

Airpods won't stay connected.: I've seen other who have had this problem, and I have it myself. I've read other threads but nothing has helped for me. I don't have Airpods Pro, I have the second gen Airpods. They connect with no issues to my iMac, iPhone, Apple TV and iPad, however, whenever I use them on...
  6. AirPod Connection

AirPod Connection: I have a Dell Inspiron 17R and I am trying to get my air pods to connect with the bluetooth so I can listen to what is on the computer. Anyone know how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airpod-connection/c6d95867-fe29-42db-87d0-47321b352820
  7. Airpods not connecting

Airpods not connecting: Hi My airpods continue to drop audio everytime I watch a youtube video and I have tried everything from reseting my computer to device manager settings and to sound control panel I have tried every single damn thing and to make sure it wasnt my airpods I even tested another...
  8. Connecting airpods

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting airpods: My airpods are saying their connected and I never had a problem before with them. The sound keeps playing through the speaker instead of the airpods but their clearly connected. I really absolutely hate this computer since it was listed as being a good computer and its...
  9. airpods not connecting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    airpods not connecting: Every time I try connecting my AirPods to my computer it says "driver unavailable", I checked the device manager and the "microsoft_hfp_audio_device_97 was not working, I tried updating the driver but that didn't work and I also tried reinstalling it....
  10. AirPods paired but won't connect.

AirPods paired but won't connect.: AirPods paired but won' connect, I tried: -Deleting the drivers and updating them. -Putting Bluetooth Support Service to Automatic and restarting -Troubleshooted everything -Tried every 'connect' button on every window I know such as: -Sound control panel, Devices...