Windows 10: AirPods

Discus and support AirPods in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Enough with the **** posturing... why don't Apple Airpods work with Windows 10? At this point I'm inclined to think that Microsoft intentionally gimps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PJ500002394082p034, May 15, 2021.

1. AirPods

Enough with the **** posturing... why don't Apple Airpods work with Windows 10? At this point I'm inclined to think that Microsoft intentionally gimps this product in order to bolster some hidden agenda. EVERY DEVICE I connect to windows to use as headphones or microphone works fine... EXCEPT AIRPODS. Enough with the product loyalty ****... either you're compatible or you aren't... but don't make me limp through this bluetooth experience. If you don't want people using airpods with Windows 10, then don't let people connect them at all. **** SAKES.

:)

PJ500002394082p034, May 15, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

AirPods paired but won't connect.

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand, Human Interface Devices.
    3. Look for AirPods Audio/Video Remote Control HID and
      AirPods Hands-Free Call Control HID, right click on each entry and select
      Properties.
    4. Go to the Power Management Tab, clear the checkbox for
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    5. Also, repeat step 4 for Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID.
    6. Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 15, 2021
  3. Berglof Win User
    Airpods

My airpods don't show up on the list under HID. None of my two set do.

Best,

Erik

Berglof, May 15, 2021
  4. Berglof Win User

AirPods

Airpods

My airpods don't show up on the list under HID. None of my two set do.

Best,

Erik

I should have said thank you.

Berglof, May 15, 2021
Thema:

AirPods

1. AirPods - Similar Threads - AirPods

2. crackling sound on windows 11 with airpods max

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crackling sound on windows 11 with airpods max: when i connect my airpods max to my windows 11 pc they sound terrible, all i can hear is a crackling sound. they work with other devices so it is not an airpods problem...
  3. crackling sound on windows 11 with airpods max

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    crackling sound on windows 11 with airpods max: when i connect my airpods max to my windows 11 pc they sound terrible, all i can hear is a crackling sound. they work with other devices so it is not an airpods problem...
  4. My airpods are "Connected, mic" not "Connected voice, music"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My airpods are "Connected, mic" not "Connected voice, music": My computer is only connecting to the headset version of my airpods pro and not the headphones, which cause the audio quality to become quite poor. It used to be present when i searched all sound devices in settings, but now its not even there anymore.Any advice on how to fix...
  5. My airpods are "Connected, mic" not "Connected voice, music"

My airpods are "Connected, mic" not "Connected voice, music": My computer is only connecting to the headset version of my airpods pro and not the headphones, which cause the audio quality to become quite poor. It used to be present when i searched all sound devices in settings, but now its not even there anymore.Any advice on how to fix...
  6. I can't connect or remove my airpods from my windows 11 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect or remove my airpods from my windows 11 laptop: I am on Windows 11 trying to use Generation 1 Airpods. Whenever I try connecting my Airpods to my laptop that are already paired and have used once before without any problems, it says "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, then try again."...
  7. I can't connect or remove my airpods from my windows 11 laptop

I can't connect or remove my airpods from my windows 11 laptop: I am on Windows 11 trying to use Generation 1 Airpods. Whenever I try connecting my Airpods to my laptop that are already paired and have used once before without any problems, it says "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, then try again."...
  8. If phone link is active, my airpods will connect to the computer, but no sound will come...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If phone link is active, my airpods will connect to the computer, but no sound will come...: Just to clarify, my airpods will connect through bluetooth, but when my phone is also connected through the PhoneLink app, no sound will come out of the airpods. I can only play sound through the computer's speakers. As soon as I forget my phone device in settings, the sound...
  9. If phone link is active, my airpods will connect to the computer, but no sound will come...

If phone link is active, my airpods will connect to the computer, but no sound will come...: Just to clarify, my airpods will connect through bluetooth, but when my phone is also connected through the PhoneLink app, no sound will come out of the airpods. I can only play sound through the computer's speakers. As soon as I forget my phone device in settings, the sound...
  10. Airpods connected mic, but no output.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpods connected mic, but no output.: I've been trying to connect my Gen 2 Airpods Pro to my Windows 11 PC laptop, but I've encountered a problem. After successfully pairing and connecting the Airpods, it says Connected Mic, but nothing else. I go to output options, and there is nothing but the standard speakers...