Windows 10: aktivate SMB1 and disable SMB2 bei Win10

Discus and support aktivate SMB1 and disable SMB2 bei Win10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hallo Community, aktivate SMB1 and disable SMB2 bei Win10 ? ( Ich will mit Win10 auf einem Windows NT Prof. SP3 Druckerserver im Intranet mit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zouk Nerd, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Zouk Nerd Win User

aktivate SMB1 and disable SMB2 bei Win10

Hallo Community,

?

(

Ich will mit Win10 auf einem Windows NT Prof. SP3 Druckerserver im Intranet mit SMB1 drucken:

entweder

muß ich bei Win10 SMB1 aktivate

oder

bei Win NT SMB2 aktivate

)

Antwort:

:)

Zouk Nerd, Mar 30, 2019

2. Status of support for SMB1 and SMB2

I have an external hard file connected to a WiFi network. When i try and access the file I now get a message from MS that SMB1 is no longer supported due to security problems. Use SMB2 instead. Where in MS land can I find more info?

Stephen Bernstein, Mar 30, 2019
  3. SMB1 disabled; No longer have access to mapped network shares via File Explorer

As per Microsoft suggestion I disabled the SMB1 protocol to stave off Wcry type attacks. At the same time I made sure SMB2 protocol was enabled. Now, i can no longer access mapped network shares using File Explorer. To verify the situation I turned SMB1
    back on and was again able to use File Explorer successfully. The network drive is operating properly; I checked using the browser admin features over IP. At present SMB1 is still off and SMB2 is on.

What must I do short of re-enabling SMB1 to allow File Explorer to access the network drive?

M.B.

Config; Windows 10 Pro - latest, Synology DSM - latest

Major Bystander, Mar 30, 2019
  4. Ru33 Win User

SMB1 disabled, SMB2 enabled; Can no longer access network shares

If you're system is up to date, there's no need to be concerned about Wannacry - as such there's no problem using SMB1 (despite all the comments about SMB1)

I had the same problem - no shares visible on File Explorer - researched the issues related to disabling SMB1 - and quite frankly, it's only SMB1 on XP machines that will be (would have been before MS released a patch for XP) susceptible to a Wannacry attach. I suggest you reinstate SMB1 and enjoy accessing your network shares as before

R

Thema:

1. aktivate SMB1 and disable SMB2 bei Win10 - Similar Threads - aktivate SMB1 disable

2. smb1 disabled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    smb1 disabled?: My NAS uses SMB1. The last time I restarted, Windows no longer allows connections to my NAS because they have decided that SMB1 is not safe enough for use in my local network. Is there a way around this?...
  3. smb1 disabled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    smb1 disabled?: My NAS uses SMB1. The last time I restarted, Windows no longer allows connections to my NAS because they have decided that SMB1 is not safe enough for use in my local network. Is there a way around this?...
  4. The Mapped Network Drive could not be Created because:..obsolete SMB1 Protocol.. Needs SMB2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Mapped Network Drive could not be Created because:..obsolete SMB1 Protocol.. Needs SMB2?: :..obsolete SMB1 Protocol.. Needs SMB2? What do I need to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-mapped-network-drive-could-not-be-created/a73634ee-8c44-4111-857c-b06038aadf17
  5. The Mapped Network Drive could not be Created because:..obsolete SMB1 Protocol.. Needs SMB2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Mapped Network Drive could not be Created because:..obsolete SMB1 Protocol.. Needs SMB2?: :..obsolete SMB1 Protocol.. Needs SMB2? What do I need to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-mapped-network-drive-could-not-be-created/a73634ee-8c44-4111-857c-b06038aadf17
  6. Microsoft will disable the SMB1 client in Windows this year

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will disable the SMB1 client in Windows this year: Microsoft announced plans to disable SMB1 (Server Message Block) in Windows this week. The SMB1 protocol was created in 1983 at IBM and Microsoft began to fade out support for the product in 2017 with the release of the Fall Creators Update for the company's Windows 10...
  7. Smb1 to smb2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Smb1 to smb2: My computers can't see my network drive so I need to upgrade from smb1 to smb2 so does anyone know how to do this? 149566
  8. Status of support for SMB1 and SMB2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Status of support for SMB1 and SMB2: I have an external hard file connected to a WiFi network. When i try and access the file I now get a message from MS that SMB1 is no longer supported due to security problems. Use SMB2 instead. Where in MS land can I find more info?...
  9. Win10 laptop suddenly refusing SMB1 connections

Win10 laptop suddenly refusing SMB1 connections: Something has happened to my laptop (running Windows 10) such that Android apps using SMB1 protocol can no longer connect to it. When I try to access the laptop from the Android ES File Explorer app, ES reports "The server that you want to set up requires SMB2.0...". ES gives...
  10. SMB1 disabled, SMB2 enabled; Can no longer access network shares

SMB1 disabled, SMB2 enabled; Can no longer access network shares: Hey All, After the recent Wanncry attacks I disabled SMB1 protocol as per the cautionary suggestions from Msft et al. Now I can no longer access my network shares via File Explorer. I am still able to access the network device using IP address via browser. However, the...