Windows 10: Alarm and Timer does not sound.

Discus and support Alarm and Timer does not sound. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Focus assistant is turned off. All other media can be played with sound. I have seen many posts about the same problem but from 5-6 years ago and they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/calicomaria, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Alarm and Timer does not sound.

Focus assistant is turned off. All other media can be played with sound. I have seen many posts about the same problem but from 5-6 years ago and they did not work, so I'm wondering if I can get a tip for Windows 10 now.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/calicomaria
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/calicomaria, Mar 4, 2021
  2. JTIMBURR Win User

Alarm clock / timer

Sometimes the alarm on my timer/alarm clock sounds--and sometimes it doesn't. Anyone know why?

JTIMBURR, Mar 4, 2021
  3. user78030 Win User
    How to disable the alarm sound in the default Windows 10 timer app

This question is about the Windows 10 default Alarm & Clock app. I'm currently trying to set up a timer so that (for example) after 10 minutes, I get a notification saying something like "time's up".

Unfortunately, while I get a notification, the app accompanies the notification with an obnoxious beeping alarm sound. In addition, the volume of the music I am playing through Firefox decreases when this alarm plays, and increases afterwards. I would like to turn off the sound. Here's what I've tried:

1. I've tried turning off the sound for that specific app (I'm playing music, so I can't turn the sound off completely), using the app titled "volume mixer". Unfortunately, there is no dedicated volume control for the alarm app. I've tried turning down the "system sounds" volume control, and this has no effect.
    2. I've tried changing the settings of the app, but as far as I can tell the app has no settings page, and no way to turn off the volume for the timer. (There is a way to turn off the sound for the alarm clock).

If there is no specific "Alarm & Clock" fix, I would be open to using a different app, as long as it wouldn't require me to install something like "Java Run-time Environment", which I don't want to do (security risks).

user78030, Mar 4, 2021
  4. harrymc Win User

Alarm and Timer does not sound.

How to disable the alarm sound in the default Windows 10 timer app

I have taken a look at the "Alarm & Clock" app in Windows 10,
    and my opinion of its quality is basically unprintable.

There exist an enormous number of available free alarm applications,
    one of whom will surely meet your needs.

See for example these articles for lists of such products and their merits :

Best Free Timer and Alarm Clock

Five Best Windows Timer Applications

harrymc, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Alarm and Timer does not sound.

1. Alarm and Timer does not sound. - Similar Threads - Alarm Timer does

2. Alarms & Clock No sound!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alarms & Clock No sound!: I set an alarm using the clock tool but when I tested the alarm, there was no sound. How can I fix this? Windows 11 Home Edition and my pc is an HP laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alarms-clock-no-sound/c6cb8955-16a2-4bb2-89df-2305ffbb96f6
  3. Alarm Sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alarm Sounds: I would like to change one of the alarm sounds in the Alarms and Clock app to a personal .flac sound file. How do I perform this task? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alarm-sounds/e8132de6-fc41-4d63-a38a-7034ebb3b59d
  4. Alarms & Clock No sound!

Alarms & Clock No sound!: Hello everyone, it 's been almost a month since I used it! But now that I want to set the alarm, there is no sound! Everything works! But it does not have only sound! In the meantime, I checked all the problems of Windows sound, no device, program, driver, music player, etc.,...
  5. low battery alarm does not sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    low battery alarm does not sound: Hello: I have Widows 10 on my HP laptop. The low battery 'alarm/warning' does not sound and computer shuts down. What can I do to fix this? Many thanks in advance....
  6. SCHEDULED Pop Up Countdown Timer - Alarm AND Countdown & SECOND Alarm

SCHEDULED Pop Up Countdown Timer - Alarm AND Countdown & SECOND Alarm: ***NOT LOOKING FOR ORDINARY COUNTDOWN TIMER!!** I'm looking for a countdown timer that I can SCHEDULE at set times during the week/day and have it pop up up and give an alarm, AND countdown for a the number of minutes I set and do a SECOND ALARM. I want both alarms to be...
  7. Alarm App sounds?

Alarm App sounds?: 1) How do I sample alarm sounds in Alarm App? (Win 10) 2) Various Searches via Settings prompted .... Nada!?! 3) Search via Contana prompted "Huh? Whaaa? How about Spotify? What should I use to Open this?" ARRRGH!! 4) Silly question, I know: Any way to provide my own...
  8. TImers in "Alarms & Clock" Stopped Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TImers in "Alarms & Clock" Stopped Working: I have 8 timers in "Alarms & Clock", and 1 I can't reset the 15" one. 2. none of them are working. [ATTACH] Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/timers-in-alarms-clock-stopped-working/c874e32f-0a3a-4681-869a-3676ea9c6328
  9. Alarm clock / timer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alarm clock / timer: Sometimes the alarm on my timer/alarm clock sounds--and sometimes it doesn't. Anyone know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/alarm-clock-timer/97b1a791-fe11-47bf-8285-757ee50c93bd
  10. Timers/Alarms Not Dismissing Properly...

in Windows 10 Support
    Timers/Alarms Not Dismissing Properly...: Anyone else experiencing this issue since CU? When I ask Cortana to set a reminder timer or alarm, it comes up when it is supposed to, but upon clicking dismiss, it is acting like a snooze and continues popping up every few minutes until a restart is initiated. Just curious?...