Windows 10: Alarm that works when the computer is sleeping

Discus and support Alarm that works when the computer is sleeping in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need to remind myself to do something at about 3:45 every day. Assuming the computer is switched on but sleeping, is there an alarm that will go off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stevekir, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Stevekir Win User

Alarm that works when the computer is sleeping

I need to remind myself to do something at about 3:45 every day. Assuming the computer is switched on but sleeping, is there an alarm that will go off in those circumstances?

Thanks.

:)

Stevekir, Nov 11, 2017

2. alarms

Hi,

No alarm wont work when computer is in sleep mode.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Nov 11, 2017
  3. With Windows 10, When in sleep mode will the alarm function?

When in sleep mode, if the alarm is set, will the alarm turn on at the designated time? Ex. If I set the alarm for 8 am will the alarm go off at the designated time while the computer is in sleep mode?

Millie Fontanez, Nov 11, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, you could use a scheduled task:
    How to Make Your PC Wake From Sleep Automatically

or you could install a freeware clock alarm
    From Comfort Software: If you need alarm clock software for Windows, this is the software you are looking for. Free Alarm Clock supports unlimited number of alarms so that you are not restricted to the number of alarms you can have. Alarms that you set will sound even if computer goes to sleep. While your PC is sleeping and the time comes to activate your alarm, Free Alarm Clock will wake your PC up. The alarm clock can remind you about important events by playing your favorite music and showing a notification message. You can set alarm volume level to a comfortable level depending on the time of the day.
    Free Alarm Clock for Windows

Note the universal Alarms and Clock seems specified not to wake your PC.

dalchina, Nov 11, 2017
Thema:

1. Alarm that works when the computer is sleeping - Similar Threads - Alarm works computer

2. Can newer PCs plays alarms when they were sleeping?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can newer PCs plays alarms when they were sleeping?: Hello, and good night.I want to ask a question quickly before I sleep about my newly-purchased PC. It's new, it's out of the new shiny box. They come with a RTX and a Ryzen.Imagine that you had gone sleeping immediately during Genshin gameplay and quickly set alarms ASAP on...
  3. Can newer PCs plays alarms when they were sleeping?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can newer PCs plays alarms when they were sleeping?: Hello, and good night.I want to ask a question quickly before I sleep about my newly-purchased PC. It's new, it's out of the new shiny box. They come with a RTX and a Ryzen.Imagine that you had gone sleeping immediately during Genshin gameplay and quickly set alarms ASAP on...
  4. Alarm not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alarm not working: Noticed yesterday that my alarm didn't go off. It also didn't go off today. The alarms are on, sound is on, PC was awake. I made sure my notifications are turned on, focus assist is off, and PC is up to date. Any ideas of what's wrong? submitted by /u/StableMolotov [link]...
  5. Alarms refuse to work!!!

Alarms refuse to work!!!: Here we go again. I have a Surface Pro 4 running the latest version of Windows 10. It is fully updated. I have these settings: - "On battery power, turn off after: Never" - "When plugged in, turn off after: Never" - "On battery power, PC goes to sleep after: Never" -...
  6. Sleep and Alarms

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep and Alarms: When my PC goes to sleep it plays a tune over and over until it is woke up. Why is it doing this and how can I make it stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-and-alarms/b1b004d1-7dcc-4cdc-9416-a61ea7aeb8ea
  7. alarm utility not working

alarm utility not working: when i select time for windows 10 alarm utility, there is no sound of alarm, i have tried different sound but all in vain at the time of alarm, alarm becomes off - - - Updated - - - i also check the speaker it is set to 100 [img] 153575
  8. alarm utility not working

in Windows 10 Support
    alarm utility not working: when i select time for windows 10 alarm utility, there is no sound of alarm, i have tried different sound but all in vain at the time of alarm, alarm becomes off - - - Updated - - - i also check the speaker it is set to 100 [img] 153575
  9. Alarm for Waking Up (In Sleep Mode)

Alarm for Waking Up (In Sleep Mode): I'm having some weird sleeping patterns in my sleep recently, I really need to set an alarm. So I was wondering, how do I set an alarm which plays during sleep mode? if not, how do I set up my PC to wake up at a certain time, then play an alarm shortly after? (My PC has a...
  10. Alarm not working

Alarm not working: Hi. My Sunday morning alarm has become unpredictable - it might work, it might not. The message 'Notifications will only show if the PC is awake' never used to be there. I'm always working on the PC when the alarm is due and, as you can see from the screenshot, the PC can't...