Windows 10: "Alarms & Clocks" not working correctly

Discus and support "Alarms & Clocks" not working correctly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As above, this app is not working correctly in that no sound is produced at alarm time or end of countdown. I have tried two fixes and neither... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CarlWaring, Sep 20, 2018.

1. "Alarms & Clocks" not working correctly

As above, this app is not working correctly in that no sound is produced at alarm time or end of countdown.

I have tried two fixes and neither worked.

This one: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027498/microsoft-store-fix-problems-with-apps

and this one: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/notime/2013/10/18/fix-store-app-in-windows-8-1/

With the latter I get the following error:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.285]
    (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\email>powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML
    Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML' because it does not exist.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\Win ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNot
    FoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

I really need this to work so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

CarlWaring, Sep 20, 2018
  2. Kris Ver Win User

alarm clock

Hi Diane,

We would like to verify some information regarding your concern. Are you trying to turn off an existing alarm? If so, here are the steps on how to turn off alarm clock in Windows 10:

1. Open Start.

2. Type “alarms” into the search box.

3. Select “Alarms & Clock” from the list of results.

"Alarms & Clocks" not working correctly f54bb39b-8098-4602-b0b6-3222db87f37e.png

4. On the Alarms & Clock window, click the toggle on the right side of an existing alarm.

"Alarms & Clocks" not working correctly d7b16df4-10a7-4525-87da-8613290ee16b.png

We'll always be here if you need further assistance.

Kris Ver, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Windows Alarms and Clock

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us with the status of the issue and we apologies for delay in responding.

When you say "Alarms and Clock" are you referring to the build in app on Windows 10 or have you installed it from Windows Store?

Check if your system Date and time is correctly set.

If this is the build in Alarm and Clock app then we suggest you to uninstall and reinstall it and check if it helps:

To uninstall Alarm and Clock App
    follow the below steps:

1. Type Windows in the search box and right click on
    Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

2. Type get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsAlarms* | remove-appxpackage
    on the PowerShell and hit Enter.

This will uninstall the Alarm and Clock
    app and then you can reinstall the app from Windows Store.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/windows-alarms-clock/9wzdncrfj3pr

Let us know if it helps. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 20, 2018
  4. "Alarms & Clocks" not working correctly

Error in Alarm&Clock

Hi,

After checking the screenshot provided and since you are encountering this kind of issue in your alarm clock. Please answer the question:

• Are you using a Windows app alarm clock or a third party alarm clock?

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

"Alarms & Clocks" not working correctly

1. "Alarms & Clocks" not working correctly - Similar Threads - Alarms Clocks working

2. Alarm and Clock

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Alarm and Clock: The notification appears for alarm and clock, in the form of a sound and a notification in the action center. However, after like 10 seconds, the alarm along with the notification just disappears. There is no information online about this issue so it is frustrating....
  3. Alarms & Clock app not working (No sound)!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alarms & Clock app not working (No sound)!: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, it's been almost a month since I used it! But now that I want to set the alarm, there is no sound! Everything works! But it does not have only sound! In the meantime, I checked all the problems of Windows sound, no device, program, driver, music...
  4. Alarm Clock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alarm Clock: Is there a alarm clock software for windows 10 that will let me listen to my music as i fall asleep and when the alarm goes off, it stops windows media player and has volume control so i can make the alarm maxed out? or is there a way to max the volume of said alarm clock...
  5. Alarm clock does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alarm clock does not work: My alarm clock would not sound. I tried changing the time and it does not allow me to make changes. troubleshooter does not resolve. uninstalled and reinstalled, removed and reinstalled via powershell, issue persists. Tried a third party alarm, alarm does not sound, nor...
  6. Windows 10 Alarms & Clock Not Working

Windows 10 Alarms & Clock Not Working: If your alarm clock is not sounding off when you set the date and time I have an answer. Did you configure your pc as suggested by the alarm clock page? Did you try clicking on one of the triangles in the SOUND category to make certain that there is sound? Set the date and...
  7. TImers in "Alarms & Clock" Stopped Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TImers in "Alarms & Clock" Stopped Working: I have 8 timers in "Alarms & Clock", and 1 I can't reset the 15" one. 2. none of them are working. [ATTACH] Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/timers-in-alarms-clock-stopped-working/c874e32f-0a3a-4681-869a-3676ea9c6328
  8. Alarms & CLock still not working.

Alarms & CLock still not working.: I used the reset option. Then opened up Alarms & Clocks again. I set the alarm and still no sound. Any help on this please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alarms-clock-still-not-working/c81a5c48-6979-47d2-a806-1bc1fc30a4e8
  9. Alarms & Clock

Alarms & Clock: Please help with a perplexing issue. Have been using this app with no issues and decided to redo my alarms so I deleted all alarms and reset some of them how ever suddenly I was receiving duplicate alarms. So decided to delete all alarms and timers. Now I am still getting...
  10. "Alarms and clock" live update not working

"Alarms and clock" live update not working: Win 10 Home - 1703 (Bld 15063.674) on a Desktop. I have pinned "Alarms and clock" to Start - but I am unable to get Live update working. It's switched on in the preferences - have switched it off and on - but still not working. Working just fine on another desktop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. alarms and clocks not working