Windows 10: Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12 / Windows 10 1809 and Groove music

Discus and support Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12 / Windows 10 1809 and Groove music in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12/Windows 10 1809 : what happenbed to the old site/custom album info option? Using Windows Media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jean-Luc BLAMPEY, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12 / Windows 10 1809 and Groove music

Hello,

Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12/Windows 10 1809 : what happenbed to the old site/custom album info option?

Using Windows Media Player 12 / Windows 10 1809

WMP 12 when looking up album info now directs to a different website:

musicmatch.ssl-xboxlive.com

This is an inferior option compared to the prior site and win 1803 :

redir.metaservices.microsoft.com

That original site allowed for custom search options (e.g. modify searches once in lookup mode or to enter custom album data). A very useful option for classical music collectors who often find their low-selling albums listed but incomplete or not listed at all.

The enclosed solution provided by ....... does not work (was working on win 1803)

"Please perform the following and see if the issue will persist.

1. Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously to launch Run command.
    2. Type-in regedit and press Enter.
    3. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\TunerConfig.
    4. Look for PREFERREDMETADATAPROVIDER -- it should have a value "pmpMusicMatch".
    5. Edit the setting PREFERREDMETADATAPROVIDER, and clear the value so you have a blank value.
    6. Save and exit regedit.exe."

When open the file (step 4) the PREFERREDMETADATAPROVIDER value is already a blank value.

Need help....

Regards JBLA74

:)

Jean-Luc BLAMPEY, Jan 4, 2019

2. Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12/Windows 10: what happenbed to the old site/custom album info option?

Using Windows Media Player 12 / Windows 10 latest update (July 2018)

WMP 12 when looking up album info now directs to a different website:

musicmatch.ssl-xboxlive.com

This is an inferior option compared to the prior site:

redir.metaservices.microsoft.com

That original site allowed for custom search options (e.g. modify searches once in lookup mode or to enter custom album data). A very useful option for classical music collectors who often find their low-selling albums listed but
    incomplete or not listed at all.

Tried "hosts" file fix from June 2018 article below to redirect to former metaservices site but does not work:

This is still a problem

How do I reinstall/redirect WMP to
    redir.metaservices.microsoft.com?

Hate your new xbox media info site: no flexibility or customization option. It's even more disgraceful that I had Google my way to what info I did find as MS in-line help in WMP is utterly useless. No apparent way to select my media info web site within
    the program. I got zero current results at MS's web site regardless of how specific a search I ran. This is hardly any sort of upgrade to my mainstay media player and abysmal customer support.

Fix this or my next step will be to find a replacement media player from another supplier and rethink whether to upgrade my current Office suite or replace it with a competitor's product.

Moved from : Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

RobertFoster5, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Groove Music - How to add art to album or artist

How To Change Album Art

• Open up Groove Music.
    • Click on an album
    • Somewhere on the top, you will find 3 dots placed horizontally. Click on it.
    • Click "Edit Info".
    • Then click the box with the pencil on the corner.
    • Done.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ If you can't find an album and it says "Unknown Album" Follow these steps

• Right click on a song.
    • Click "Edit Info".
    • Fill in the boxes (They will say Unknown Artist or Unknown Album)
    • Then you will see the songs in an album (If you press Album on the side of Groove Music.
    • Done.

Jessica杰西卡, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12 / Windows 10 1809 and Groove music

Groove Shows Unknown Artist & Unknown Album

I solved it by doing the following! I'm not sure which step cracked the problem.

1. Set indexing to index the content of my music files by right clicking on the top level folder, setting the option and applying to all files and sub-folders
    2. Rebuilt the index via the Control Panel Indexing options
    3. Deleted the folders watched in Groove
    4. Deleted the Groove database at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_<random>\LocalState\Database
    5. Started Groove
    6. Reassigned the folders to watch

All songs now appear with the right artist & album but some album art was missing in Groove and Media Player despite being displayed correctly in iTunes. I manually updated the missing album art in Media Player and Groove then synchronised to match the Media Player album art.

Steve C, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12 / Windows 10 1809 and Groove music

1. Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12 / Windows 10 1809 and Groove music - Similar Threads - Album Info Lookup

2. New Media Player replacement for groove music rearranged my songs in their albums

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Media Player replacement for groove music rearranged my songs in their albums: Hello there, when they changed Groove Music into Media Player a few months ago, a lot of my albums had the song orders changed for no reason. Even with the metadata has the track number in it, they are still out of order. I've tried to change the song number back and forth to...
  3. New Media Player replacement for groove music rearranged my songs in their albums

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Media Player replacement for groove music rearranged my songs in their albums: Hello there, when they changed Groove Music into Media Player a few months ago, a lot of my albums had the song orders changed for no reason. Even with the metadata has the track number in it, they are still out of order. I've tried to change the song number back and forth to...
  4. New Media Player replacement for groove music rearranged my songs in their albums

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. No album art in Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No album art in Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 10: I accidentally clicked on WMP for windows 10 and the album art vanished, it's still there when i look in the album section, but in compact mode it is not there, i've tried but am clueless as to how to get it back Any suggestions please?...
  6. windows media player "find album info"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows media player "find album info": i have Windows10, media player, i want to rip cd and convert to mp3. However, i can't get album info when i click on "find album info" how do i rectify this? It was working until a couple months ago....
  7. Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12/Windows 10: what happenbed to the old site/custom...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12/Windows 10: what happenbed to the old site/custom...: Using Windows Media Player 12 / Windows 10 latest update (July 2018) WMP 12 when looking up album info now directs to a different website: musicmatch.ssl-xboxlive.com This is an inferior option compared to the prior site: redir.metaservices.microsoft.com That original...
  8. Groove Music and Windows Media Player 12

Groove Music and Windows Media Player 12: Just out of curiousity, do you prefer using Groove Music or WMP for playing music files? I have hardly used Groove Music except for certain file types. WMP is still good as ever *Smile Is Microsoft going to provide future updates for it? 21253
  9. media player 'groove music'

media player 'groove music': hello. I've downloaded 5 audio tracks (MP3). I can turn on the loop for each track but how do I get it to play each track one after the other and then loop back to track one? 36644
  10. Edit Song and Album Metadata Info in Groove Music app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Edit Song and Album Metadata Info in Groove Music app in Windows 10: How to: Edit Song and Album Metadata Info in Groove Music app in Windows 10 [img] Information The included Groove Music app in Windows 10 allows you to listen to your favorite music on your Windows, iOS, and Android devices. You can create a playlist with music you've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. preferredmetadataprovider

2. windows media player album lookup

3. groove music and windows media playerin conflict

4. metaservices microsoft album info blank,
  5. change the music lookup in windows media player,
  6. Pmpmusicmatch