Windows 10: album to file

Discus and support album to file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a photo album that I want to get into a file so I can upload it. How do I do this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EllieQuisling, Aug 15, 2019.

1. album to file

I have a photo album that I want to get into a file so I can upload it. How do I do this?

:)

EllieQuisling, Aug 15, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Groove Shows Unknown Artist & Unknown Album

I solved it by doing the following! I'm not sure which step cracked the problem.

1. Set indexing to index the content of my music files by right clicking on the top level folder, setting the option and applying to all files and sub-folders
    2. Rebuilt the index via the Control Panel Indexing options
    3. Deleted the folders watched in Groove
    4. Deleted the Groove database at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_<random>\LocalState\Database
    5. Started Groove
    6. Reassigned the folders to watch

All songs now appear with the right artist & album but some album art was missing in Groove and Media Player despite being displayed correctly in iTunes. I manually updated the missing album art in Media Player and Groove then synchronised to match the Media Player album art.

Steve C, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Qwinn Win User
    Groove Shows Unknown Artist & Unknown Album

This worked! I was playing with disabling indexing since it was interfering with my backup procedures, but it caused this. (What broke it was right clicking the drives and turning off indexing for the whole drive). I'll try some other ways of limiting the indexing. Thanks kindly.

Qwinn, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Markbo66 Win User

album to file

White Borders To Album Artwork Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this procedure but it has had no effect at all so the problem persists.

Since asking the original question I have downloaded some albums from amazon and added these to the Music folder and the white border has appeared on those albums as well so it would appear it is only artwork added by WMP which is not affected.

Markbo66, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

album to file

1. album to file - Similar Threads - album file

2. Trying to add album artwork to my music files, but Windows Media Player can't accomplish that.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to add album artwork to my music files, but Windows Media Player can't accomplish that.: Instead, what I receive is an error message, stating: "We failed to edit some of the properties in this flac file. Your flac file was not edited," or some variation of that. A bit of googling showed this could be a read-only issue, but no amount of toggling with that option...
  3. Trying to add album artwork to my music files, but Windows Media Player can't accomplish that.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to add album artwork to my music files, but Windows Media Player can't accomplish that.: Instead, what I receive is an error message, stating: "We failed to edit some of the properties in this flac file. Your flac file was not edited," or some variation of that. A bit of googling showed this could be a read-only issue, but no amount of toggling with that option...
  4. Are edits made to album info via Windows Media Player saved to the actual files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are edits made to album info via Windows Media Player saved to the actual files?: I have been using Windows Media Player to edit the album info for some of my music and I was wondering if those changes were saved in the actual files. I ask because I have my music stored on an external hard drive, so want to know if the edits I have made will show up when I...
  5. Are edits made to album info via Windows Media Player saved to the actual files?

Are edits made to album info via Windows Media Player saved to the actual files?: I have been using Windows Media Player to edit the album info for some of my music and I was wondering if those changes were saved in the actual files. I ask because I have my music stored on an external hard drive, so want to know if the edits I have made will show up when I...
  6. why do some music files not show the album art in the thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do some music files not show the album art in the thumbnail: most of my music files FLAC and MP3 show the album art in the thumb nail in File Explorer. I have a few music files that don't show the album art. Not sure why...
  7. why do some music files not show the album art in the thumbnail

why do some music files not show the album art in the thumbnail: most of my music files FLAC and MP3 show the album art in the thumb nail in File Explorer. I have a few music files that don't show the album art. Not sure why...
  8. Find file location of music album's cover art

Find file location of music album's cover art: I have a music album that I downloaded and am playing it through windows media player on Windows 11. I can see the cover art of it when playing the songs. However, I would like to be able to find this image's file location so that I can use it elsewhere. I've looked through...
  9. Find file location of music album's cover art

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find file location of music album's cover art: I have a music album that I downloaded and am playing it through windows media player on Windows 11. I can see the cover art of it when playing the songs. However, I would like to be able to find this image's file location so that I can use it elsewhere. I've looked through...
  10. Windows Photos - lost all my albums after hiding files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Photos - lost all my albums after hiding files: I used the hide file feature of a lot of my photos, and now they don't appear in any of my windows photo albums, even AFTER I click 'show hidden files' within my files app. Is there a solution to this?...