Windows 10: Albums dissappeared after resetting Photos app

Discus and support Albums dissappeared after resetting Photos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have windows 10. I was using the Photos app trying to create an album, when every time I clicked "Create" the Photos app crashed. I went to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Desparately seeking data, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Albums dissappeared after resetting Photos app

I have windows 10. I was using the Photos app trying to create an album, when every time I clicked "Create" the Photos app crashed. I went to the Photos App Settings and selected "Reset". The Reset says,"If the app isn't working right, we can try and repair it. THE APPS DATA WON"T BE AFFECTED". I clicked the "Reset" button. A check mark appeared next to Reset. I reopened the Photos app and all of my albums are gone. The pictures are in the folders or collection, but none of the albums I've created are there. I have no recent back up to restore from. The last back up was done in April 2018. How can I restore my lost albums?

:)

Desparately seeking data, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Ben N Win User

Why did the photos app auto-create a random photo album?

The automatic album creation is a new feature:

(Source: Microsoft documentation.) It didn't add all the photos taken on that date because it thought some were too similar to others:

Date and time are definitely taken into account when grouping the photos; a CNET article suggests there might be more complex logic too:

The location would be determined from information embedded in the picture by the device that took it.

Concerning the uninvited appearance of the app: That seems to be a bug experienced by many people with the management of Universal app processes. For some, it's caused by a certain version of DisplayFusion.

Ben N, Feb 10, 2019
  3. photo app - How can I do a slideshow in an album? I only see the slideshow option outside of albums.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you referring to the slide show option in the photo app?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps for the slideshow option and check if it helps.

• Open the “Photo App”

• Go to any three options “Collection”, “Albums” and “Folders”.

• Click on any “Photo” and press the key “F5” it will launch slide show.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Albums dissappeared after resetting Photos app

Photo's app removes my photo's from an album

Hi Dino,

To help resolve you concern, what we suggest is to modify your photos properly. Follow these steps:

• Select the Start

Albums dissappeared after resetting Photos app 28805_en_1.jpg

button, then select Photos.

• Select Albums, select the album you want, then select
      Edit
      . Or, to start creating a new album, select New album , select the photos you want to include, and then select
      Done .

• Do any of the following:

• Type to enter a new title.

• Select Add or remove photos, select the ones you want, then select
        Done .

• To change the photo shown at the top, select Change cover, choose a photo, then select
        Done .
    You may also watch the video on this
    link
    for more information.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Raymond Ave, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Albums dissappeared after resetting Photos app

1. Albums dissappeared after resetting Photos app - Similar Threads - Albums dissappeared resetting

2. photos app crashes after creating an album and then trying to open the album later.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos app crashes after creating an album and then trying to open the album later.: The photos app crashes when trying to open a created album. I have tried reset and repair. I wanted to also try reinstalling the app but the uninstall button does not do anything when clicked on....
  3. Photos dissappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos dissappeared: I used Microsoft Photos to import photos from my android. After importing photos and videos I trusted the app to keep all the pictures and so I permanently deleted them from my phone. After a day or two, suddely the photos and videos were gone. Is there a way for me to get...
  4. Photos dissappeared

Photos dissappeared: I used Microsoft Photos to import photos from my android. After importing photos and videos I trusted the app to keep all the pictures and so I permanently deleted them from my phone. After a day or two, suddely the photos and videos were gone. Is there a way for me to get...
  5. Photo App missing albums

Photo App missing albums: Hello after the last windows update all my albums I created over the months in the app got deleted or they are just gone. Someone who experienced the same or is there a way to recover these albums ? Thanks in advance...
  6. Finding Photo App album

Finding Photo App album: Where do I find a photo app album? I would like to find the file in explorer so I can copy and paste it to a USB device. When I'm in the app I can see the album and the photos in it but can't find a way to select it to copy. An earlier post stated to use the 'select' prompt...
  7. What to do after RESET of Microsoft photo app to see the albums back

What to do after RESET of Microsoft photo app to see the albums back: Hi, While viewing photos in Microsoft photos app, with photos there were some emojis type images from program file were coming. in order to get rid of that I did reset the app using setting -app- Microsoft photo app - advance -RESET after this when I am trying to open...
  8. Photos app loosing albums

Photos app loosing albums: I recently had to uninstall 1809 due to major problems, Microsoft Techs did a clean install of 1803, as a result I've lost all my 200+ albums I had in the photos app. They still exist in OneDrive, is there any way to restore them in the Photos app?...
  9. Photo App Album sharing

Photo App Album sharing: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Home, version 1803. I want to share an Album, using the Photo App.: 1) I click on "Share Album"; 2) I click on "copy a link"; 3) I get the answer "Link copied to clipboard" QUESTION: where/how do I find the "clipboard"on a Windows 10,...
  10. Photos app albums

Photos app albums: I just want to be able to share a group of photos and short videos on my OneDrive account with family and friends. Unfortunately the Photos app wants to make a @#$% music video out of the pics and I cant find a way arround that gratuitous trash. Help?...