Windows 10: Alert Asking me to Call a Number

Discus and support Alert Asking me to Call a Number in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I have a “critcal alert from micrsoft with alarms sounding and voice saying to call helpline at<Removed>It says computer is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ShirleyWilliams8, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Alert Asking me to Call a Number

Split from this thread.​

I have a “critcal alert from micrsoft with alarms sounding and voice saying to call helpline at<Removed>It says computer is locked and not to shutdown or restart. It says windows firewall has blocked some features of this program. There is a box with xepgr2.ga download multiple files request. Should i call the number. Or just block the download.

this was popup scam. Norton fixed If you see this don’t call the number.

:)

ShirleyWilliams8, Sep 1, 2020
  2. Billy Med Win User

Emergency Alerts

Hi Stephanie,

Just to confirm, is this the same thing that you tried on your phone, in order to turn off Amber Alerts?

• Open Settings.
    • Tap on System.
    • Tap on Messaging.
    • Tap on the Change emergency alert settings link.
    • Turn on or off the emergency alerts you want.

Let us know if this was the same thing that you tried.

We would also suggest to reset your phone after doing these steps to ensure that the changes on your phone's settings will be refreshed.

Simply press and hold the Power and Volume down button for 15 seconds and then release your hold afterwards.

Billy Med, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Cortana . . . Asking me to say things

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, have you tried to turn off " Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more." feature?

Follow these steps on how:

• Click the search bar.
    • Click the gear icon.
    • Under Settings, click the slider to turn off "Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more."
    Let us know if this answered your query.

Gerald Vit, Sep 1, 2020
  4. JunkBear Win User

Alert Asking me to Call a Number

Outlook asking cellphone number

No need to verify. My number is more important than mails i receive. Canada dont allow service providers to sell phone numbers list anyway.

JunkBear, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Alert Asking me to Call a Number

1. Alert Asking me to Call a Number - Similar Threads - Alert Asking Call

2. What should I do if I already called the number that the critical alert scammers sent me?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What should I do if I already called the number that the critical alert scammers sent me?: But I stupidly already did call the number, the person kept asking me how old I was, I never told him and I eventually just hung up the phone....
  3. What should I do if I already called the number that the critical alert scammers sent me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do if I already called the number that the critical alert scammers sent me?: But I stupidly already did call the number, the person kept asking me how old I was, I never told him and I eventually just hung up the phone....
  4. What should I do if I already called the number that the critical alert scammers sent me?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Please call me back- Ticket number 1049702077

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please call me back- Ticket number 1049702077: Hi, I have an open ticket item with Microsoft. The number is 1049702077. An agent called me Friday evening, but I missed the call and have been unable to reach anyone else at Microsoft. Please call me back at the phone number on file. Thank you,Anna...
  6. Please call me back- Ticket number 1049702077

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please call me back- Ticket number 1049702077: Hi, I have an open ticket item with Microsoft. The number is 1049702077. An agent called me Friday evening, but I missed the call and have been unable to reach anyone else at Microsoft. Please call me back at the phone number on file. Thank you,Anna...
  7. Called the number from the screen! hacked me but good!

Called the number from the screen! hacked me but good!: Got the alarm going off on my laptop yesterday morning! Called the number from the screen! hacked me but good! how do I go about making sure my laptop is secure now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/they-got-me/9727e481-a53d-4de5-9ced-4986ebfdb730
  8. Just got a phone call about a security breach and asked me to hit 9 or call an 800 number....

Just got a phone call about a security breach and asked me to hit 9 or call an 800 number....: Just got a phone call informing me of a security breach, advised me to hit 9 or call an 800 number and refrain from any banking or credit card transactions. I hung up. Scam?...
  9. Call in number

in Windows 10 Customization
    Call in number: who can i call to get help with opening up my computer from the log-in screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/call-in-number/474250b8-0250-428e-b164-4912d4a023b4
  10. popup asking me to call windows? now asking me to restore computer

in Windows 10 Support
    popup asking me to call windows? now asking me to restore computer: r? tech/IT help please? so my mom went to a legit website unless she mistyped it, then a popup came up, saying system had a virus and to call windows with a phone #. we did & he said we hv ransomware *i don't think we have it though, didn't fit with what i googled* & he...