Windows 10: *Alert* Fake Cheap 2TB Flash Drives

Discus and support *Alert* Fake Cheap 2TB Flash Drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Don't even think of buying a 2TB flash drive for under $2,000. There are cheap fake 2TB thumb drives being offered on the internet with spoofed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cliff S, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Cliff S New Member

*Alert* Fake Cheap 2TB Flash Drives

Don't even think of buying a 2TB flash drive for under $2,000.

There are cheap fake 2TB thumb drives being offered on the internet with spoofed controllers.
    Watch theis video from Gamers Nexus and here what Steve Burke say's.

[youtube]Kix3JKn08OU[/youtube]
    Published on Feb 25, 2017 Just a PSA: Don't buy "2TB" flash drives for $10. They're scams. Honestly, the fact that this was even ~10-12GB was impressive.

:)

Cliff S, Feb 24, 2017

2. Old Hard Drive Says "No Media" in Disk Management

Hi,

Failing or Fake drive:

"No Media" means the flash memory controller cannot communicate with the NAND flash memory on the drive. Because of this, it appears to the computer as an empty disk drive. This is usually caused by the NAND flash failing. To the computer, the drive is not
    much different than a floppy or optical drive with no disk inserted.

As a result, it is not possible to access any data on the drive, nor is it possible to repartition or reformat the drive. Again, from the standpoint of the computer, there is no medium in the drive to be formatted or repartitioned.

It is also possible that the drive is fake and the cheap memory chip in the drive has failed. Drives failing in this manner will often show up as a storage device with 8MB capacity.

USB flash drive not working or is appearing as an empty disk drive, Disk Management reports "No Media" with 0 bytes size

Smittychat., Feb 24, 2017
  3. how many times can I download Forza?

just getting a tiny small cheap SSD to hold the OS, and nothing more

all games and other stuff will be on a standard 2TB hard drive

caferacerx1, Feb 24, 2017
  4. Mystere Win User

This is nothing new. They've been on Ebay for years. I remember the first time I saw one of these about 10 years ago (then they were "only" 320GB flash drives), a friend had bought one and was gushing about the deal he got. I was skeptical. So, I proved it to him by copying a large DVD movie to the drive, then tried to play it again, and it didn't work.

Needless to say, my friend was pissed. He had bought like 100 of them...

These are really typically small (32MB or whatever is the cheapest they can find) drives that have their firmware modified to make them report that they're large (2TB), and they end up just looping over itself when you copy large files on them, so it looks like they are actually working, but you really only get the last bit of the file.

Mystere, Feb 25, 2017
Thema:

1. *Alert* Fake Cheap 2TB Flash Drives - Similar Threads - *Alert* Fake Cheap

2. 0x80070570 Error Copying to 2TB USB Flash DriveS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    0x80070570 Error Copying to 2TB USB Flash DriveS: Dell Inspiron Gaming 7567 Laptop with i7/32GB/500GB SDD WITH w10 PRO and MS365 Subscription, PLUS external HDDs: Western Digital MyBook 1 TB and Seagate 4TB. I bought a 2TB USB and began copying folders/files too it. Seemed to work, ended normally. Went to read files and...
  3. 0x80070570 Error Copying to 2TB USB Flash DriveS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80070570 Error Copying to 2TB USB Flash DriveS: Dell Inspiron Gaming 7567 Laptop with i7/32GB/500GB SDD WITH w10 PRO and MS365 Subscription, PLUS external HDDs: Western Digital MyBook 1 TB and Seagate 4TB. I bought a 2TB USB and began copying folders/files too it. Seemed to work, ended normally. Went to read files and...
  4. 0x80070570 Error Copying to 2TB USB Flash DriveS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 2TB Flash Drive Downgraded To 32GB Flash Drive Stuck On One Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2TB Flash Drive Downgraded To 32GB Flash Drive Stuck On One Partition: Previously, days ago, the flash drive I was using originally stored up to 2 terabytes on there and I recently had a huge bug where I had no access into it, which I managed to fix. After this happened, it now only goes up to 32 gigabytes taking up the entire partition.How am I...
  6. Fake McAfee Notification Alert

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fake McAfee Notification Alert: My OS is Windows 10 my browser is Google Chrome but after getting thsi POP UP while on google chrome I got it while off line with all browsers closed on my desk top . beginning this morning I get a POP UP every hour so fror30-60 seconds or so in the lower left hand corner of...
  7. Cheap fake knock off apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cheap fake knock off apps: There are 2 zombie tsunami games on Microsoft store. 1 is by Mobigame and the other by tycoon game labs free. The Mobigame one needs you to have Windows 8 in order to run but Windows 8 is bad. The tycoon version works on Windows 10 but the game is glitchy and ads pop up...
  8. Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser: How do you guys get rid of those nuisance Fake Virus Alert Popups with the Edge browser? Usually you can just press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, then select Task Manager and end the Edge process. But Ive noticed that when you start Edge up again from the taskbar it automatically...
  9. Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser

in Windows 10 Support
    Fake Virus Alert Popups with Edge browser: How do you guys get rid of those nuisance Fake Virus Alert Popups with the Edge browser? Usually you can just press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, then select Task Manager and end the Edge process. But Ive noticed that when you start Edge up again from the taskbar it automatically...
  10. Fake memory on flash drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fake memory on flash drives: I have recently bought a 32gb micro sd card from eBay and was wondering if there is some kind of check I can do to make sure it has correct memory on it, I have heard that some of the sd, hard drives and flash cards from eBay are being faked and what looks like a 500gb hard...