Windows 10: Alert in Locked mode

Discus and support Alert in Locked mode in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I normally leave my desktop PC in Locked mode Windows key - L overnight or when I leave for the day. Some time ago, it began to sound an alert after... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TLIbson, Dec 24, 2019.

1. TLIbson Win User

Alert in Locked mode

I normally leave my desktop PC in Locked mode Windows key - L overnight or when I leave for the day. Some time ago, it began to sound an alert after sitting in locked mode for about 10 minutes. The alert sound continues every 5 or 10 minutes - all night long.

My solution so far has been to turn off the speaker.
    What's actually causing the alert? How can I make it stop?

:)

TLIbson, Dec 24, 2019
  2. Billy Med Win User

Emergency Alerts

Hi Stephanie,

Just to confirm, is this the same thing that you tried on your phone, in order to turn off Amber Alerts?

• Open Settings.
    • Tap on System.
    • Tap on Messaging.
    • Tap on the Change emergency alert settings link.
    • Turn on or off the emergency alerts you want.

Let us know if this was the same thing that you tried.

We would also suggest to reset your phone after doing these steps to ensure that the changes on your phone's settings will be refreshed.

Simply press and hold the Power and Volume down button for 15 seconds and then release your hold afterwards.

Billy Med, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Alert for SMS/texts in WP10

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if notification settings is disabled.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Which build number is installed on the Windows 10 phone?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn on the notification settings on Windows 10 phone and check if it helps.

1. Open Settings.

2. Then select Notifications and Actions.

3. Try to turn on all the notification settings in the list. You may check if
    Show alarms, reminders and VOIP Calls on the lock screen option is turned on or not.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with notification on SMS alerts, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Alert in Locked mode

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

Alert in Locked mode

1. Alert in Locked mode - Similar Threads - Alert Locked mode

2. 'Manage Storage' alert on start up / lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Manage Storage' alert on start up / lock screen: I'm a new Windows user and on my recently purchased Samsung Galaxy Book 4 360, I keep getting a 'manage storage' alert on my lock / startup screen even though I have plenty of storage both on the computer and on iCloud. How do I get rid of this notification?...
  3. 'Manage Storage' alert on start up / lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Manage Storage' alert on start up / lock screen: I'm a new Windows user and on my recently purchased Samsung Galaxy Book 4 360, I keep getting a 'manage storage' alert on my lock / startup screen even though I have plenty of storage both on the computer and on iCloud. How do I get rid of this notification?...
  4. Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.: Computer is locked with MicroSoft security alert. I have Chrome OS. I tried control shift escape but nothing happened. It didn't open task manager. The number to call listed as 877 570 7676. Lots of flashing.. and voice encouraging me to not shut down, etc. How do I get out...
  5. Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.: Computer is locked with MicroSoft security alert. I have Chrome OS. I tried control shift escape but nothing happened. It didn't open task manager. The number to call listed as 877 570 7676. Lots of flashing.. and voice encouraging me to not shut down, etc. How do I get out...
  6. Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. airplane mode locked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    airplane mode locked: I have tried at least 25 strategies to break out of airplane mode and get into wifi mode - the wireless communications are turned off grayed out and can't be switched on. All switches have been tried, all adapters reprogrammed / refreshed. I'm wondering if there is any way,...
  8. Locked in Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked in Safe Mode: Ok im really lost.. I went into BIO for my computer to boot up in safe mode. It booted up in safe mode and was stange to me asked me for my password, so i put the 4 digits in there that i use to sign on.. Apparently it wants the original password which i have no clue what it...
  9. Locked in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Locked in Safe Mode: I went into safe mode to delete the files in "Old Windows". I don't know what I did but now I am locked in safe mode. I even used Macrium Reflect and restored my windows. That did not cure the problem. I am still locked in safe mode. Normally I would normally type "msconfig"...
  10. Locked in airplane mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Locked in airplane mode: I believed I got hacked through a link from my school. Now I am unable to open my desktop as it keeps rejecting the password or passcode. What can I do to overcome this hurdle?...