Windows 10: Alexa and other unwanted apps keep reinstalling

Discus and support Alexa and other unwanted apps keep reinstalling in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Brand new computer and I'm hating this. I have very limited internet, only 10gb per month as I live in a rural area. So this business of apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OzarkWoman, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Alexa and other unwanted apps keep reinstalling

Brand new computer and I'm hating this. I have very limited internet, only 10gb per month as I live in a rural area. So this business of apps reinstalling is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. I come here looking for a solution but no matter how I say it the search results are from 2-3 years ago. So the search function sucks. If I say it's a problem on Windows 10, why the heck do I have to wade through answers from Windows 8??

I've found some solutions that look like I have to create a registry key, whatever that is. I'm not a programmer, I'm a customer. I did see something elsewhere about uninstalling while online so windows knows it, but it still reinstalled Alexa. Can anyone tell me how to prevent these things from reinstalling and eating up all my data in the process?

:)

OzarkWoman, Jan 24, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Alexa App for Windows 10

Hi Worried

Download the Alexa App from the Microsoft Store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/alexa/9n12z3c...

Then you need to link Cortana to Alexa, a full step by step can be found here:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-connect-alexa-t...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

DaveM121, Dec 16, 2019
  3. KarenCal Win User
    Alexa App

The font in the Alexa app for PC is too light I can barely see the text in the app. I have changed the font in Windows yet I cannot change the font in the Alexa app for PC. Does anyone have a suggestion for correcting the problem?

Thank you

KarenCal, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Alexa and other unwanted apps keep reinstalling

Amazon Alexa App on my pc

The Amazon Alexa app on my windows 10 computer shows "offline". There isn't a network/wifi settings option listed under settings in the app. How do I get Alexa on my pc connected to wifi?

SusanHarper1, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Alexa and other unwanted apps keep reinstalling

1. Alexa and other unwanted apps keep reinstalling - Similar Threads - Alexa unwanted apps

2. Alexa App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alexa App: I hope I am right with this issue here for help. Since this morning when opening the Alexa app, it appears for one or two seconds. There are to errors registered in the Reliability Monitor, of which I attach two images:and here is the second image:The first image shows the...
  3. Alexa App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alexa App: I hope I am right with this issue here for help. Since this morning when opening the Alexa app, it appears for one or two seconds. There are to errors registered in the Reliability Monitor, of which I attach two images:and here is the second image:The first image shows the...
  4. Reinstall Alexa app

Reinstall Alexa app: Alexa is set-up using Windows 10 on my laptop. I lost the app while performing a clean-up on my computer. How can I download the app again and not lose what is already on Alexa?...
  5. Alexa app for PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Alexa app for PC: Alex app for pc does not respond to voice. In settings, there is no "wake word" available. So the app does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alexa-app-for-pc/827a8aac-caec-4d07-81ef-e9b9c053b220"
  6. Alexa App on Win10.

Alexa App on Win10.: Win10 1909. Strange problem with Alexa app from MSoft Store. Alexa on Win10 is the only Alexa device that will not play BBC Radio. Me: (To DESKTOPPC Alexa) "Alexa, play BBC Radio 2" Alexa: "Here's Radio 2" App: (On DESKTOPPC) "BBC Sounds" Silence. Me: (To Echo Alexa in...
  7. alexa app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    alexa app: i have an alexa echo trying to install app but says must be logged on a Microsoft account to install but lost cant figure out what https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alexa-app/1213ab31-3b01-45be-874a-6da5a5d795bc
  8. Alexa App

Alexa App: The font in the Alexa app for PC is too light I can barely see the text in the app. I have changed the font in Windows yet I cannot change the font in the Alexa app for PC. Does anyone have a suggestion for correcting the problem? Thank you...
  9. Alexa app

Alexa app: where is the Alexa app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alexa-app/2a0074f3-9766-4666-9ce7-9d1a54dc1eaf
  10. Windows apps keeps reinstalling and other app related issues

Windows apps keeps reinstalling and other app related issues: Hi all... I've spent the entire weekend troubleshooting issues with windows. Ended doing Inplace Upgrade and still same issues pop up. I need some serious professional help to troubleshoot them, please! 1. Mail & Calendar app - cannot add account. As soon as I try...