Windows 10: Alexa App doesn't open

Discus and support Alexa App doesn't open in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ditskiy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/klhiav/alexa_app_doesnt_open/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ditskiy, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Alexa App doesn't open

/u/ditskiy, Dec 27, 2020

2. Alexa App on Win10.

Win10 1909. Strange problem with Alexa app from MSoft Store.

Alexa on Win10 is the only Alexa device that will not play BBC Radio.

Me: (To DESKTOPPC Alexa) "Alexa, play BBC Radio 2"
    Alexa: "Here's Radio 2"
    App: (On DESKTOPPC) "BBC Sounds"
    Silence.

Me: (To Echo Alexa in the Hallway) "Alexa, play BBC Radio 2 on DESKTOPPC"
    Alexa: "Here's XXX" (A completely different TuneIn station)
    App: (On DESKTOPPC) Plays the TuneIn station that I did not ask for!

I have the BBC Skill on the app. So I say...
    Me: (To DESKTOPPC)... Open BBC.
    Alexa: Choose a station or program.
    Me: Play Radio 2.
    Alexa: Here's Radio 2.
    Silence. The above works fine on other devices.

I'm thinking this may be a Win10 settings problem, although I have no idea which. When I go into Sound Settings on Win 10 and choose "App volume device preferences" the volume slider against Alexa is greyed out. All other media/music apps are shown in blue and the slider can be adjusted. Kind of strange in that Alexa works (voice-wise) in all respects other than BBC radio. So for example if I say to DESKTOPPC.. Alexa Play Music ...it plays music. Despite that the App volume slider in Win10 settings is still inactive. This suggests the Alexa Win10 app installer is not installing properly.

Pollensa1946, Dec 27, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Alexa App doesn't open [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 27, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Alexa App doesn't open

Alexa App for Windows 10

Hi Worried

Download the Alexa App from the Microsoft Store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/alexa/9n12z3c...

Then you need to link Cortana to Alexa, a full step by step can be found here:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-connect-alexa-t...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

DaveM121, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Alexa App doesn't open

1. Alexa App doesn't open - Similar Threads - Alexa App doesn't

2. Alexa app doesn't work correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alexa app doesn't work correctly: Hi, I'm writing because of a problem I have with the Alexa app. Until a few days ago it allowed me to activate it directly being on another virtual desktop so as not to have it on the main one because it does not have to be reduced to a hidden icon. It worked perfectly,...
  3. Alexa app doesn't work correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alexa app doesn't work correctly: Hi, I'm writing because of a problem I have with the Alexa app. Until a few days ago it allowed me to activate it directly being on another virtual desktop so as not to have it on the main one because it does not have to be reduced to a hidden icon. It worked perfectly,...
  4. Alexa App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alexa App: I hope I am right with this issue here for help. Since this morning when opening the Alexa app, it appears for one or two seconds. There are to errors registered in the Reliability Monitor, of which I attach two images:and here is the second image:The first image shows the...
  5. Alexa App

Alexa App: I hope I am right with this issue here for help. Since this morning when opening the Alexa app, it appears for one or two seconds. There are to errors registered in the Reliability Monitor, of which I attach two images:and here is the second image:The first image shows the...
  6. Alexa app for PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Alexa app for PC: Alex app for pc does not respond to voice. In settings, there is no "wake word" available. So the app does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alexa-app-for-pc/827a8aac-caec-4d07-81ef-e9b9c053b220"
  7. Alexa App on Win10.

Alexa App on Win10.: Win10 1909. Strange problem with Alexa app from MSoft Store. Alexa on Win10 is the only Alexa device that will not play BBC Radio. Me: (To DESKTOPPC Alexa) "Alexa, play BBC Radio 2" Alexa: "Here's Radio 2" App: (On DESKTOPPC) "BBC Sounds" Silence. Me: (To Echo Alexa in...
  8. alexa app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    alexa app: i have an alexa echo trying to install app but says must be logged on a Microsoft account to install but lost cant figure out what https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alexa-app/1213ab31-3b01-45be-874a-6da5a5d795bc
  9. Alexa App

Alexa App: The font in the Alexa app for PC is too light I can barely see the text in the app. I have changed the font in Windows yet I cannot change the font in the Alexa app for PC. Does anyone have a suggestion for correcting the problem? Thank you...
  10. Alexa app

Alexa app: where is the Alexa app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alexa-app/2a0074f3-9766-4666-9ce7-9d1a54dc1eaf