Windows 10: Alexa app for PC

Discus and support Alexa app for PC in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Alex app for pc does not respond to voice. In settings, there is no "wake word" available. So the app does not work.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Antone00700, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Alexa app for PC

Alex app for pc does not respond to voice. In settings, there is no "wake word" available. So the app does not work.

:)

Antone00700, Jan 29, 2020

2. Amazon Alexa App on my pc

The Amazon Alexa app on my windows 10 computer shows "offline". There isn't a network/wifi settings option listed under settings in the app. How do I get Alexa on my pc connected to wifi?

SusanHarper1, Jan 29, 2020
  3. KarenCal Win User
    Alexa App

The font in the Alexa app for PC is too light I can barely see the text in the app. I have changed the font in Windows yet I cannot change the font in the Alexa app for PC. Does anyone have a suggestion for correcting the problem?

Thank you

KarenCal, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Alexa app for PC

Alexa App on Win10.

Win10 1909. Strange problem with Alexa app from MSoft Store.

Alexa on Win10 is the only Alexa device that will not play BBC Radio.

Me: (To DESKTOPPC Alexa) "Alexa, play BBC Radio 2"
    Alexa: "Here's Radio 2"
    App: (On DESKTOPPC) "BBC Sounds"
    Silence.

Me: (To Echo Alexa in the Hallway) "Alexa, play BBC Radio 2 on DESKTOPPC"
    Alexa: "Here's XXX" (A completely different TuneIn station)
    App: (On DESKTOPPC) Plays the TuneIn station that I did not ask for!

I have the BBC Skill on the app. So I say...
    Me: (To DESKTOPPC)... Open BBC.
    Alexa: Choose a station or program.
    Me: Play Radio 2.
    Alexa: Here's Radio 2.
    Silence. The above works fine on other devices.

I'm thinking this may be a Win10 settings problem, although I have no idea which. When I go into Sound Settings on Win 10 and choose "App volume device preferences" the volume slider against Alexa is greyed out. All other media/music apps are shown in blue and the slider can be adjusted. Kind of strange in that Alexa works (voice-wise) in all respects other than BBC radio. So for example if I say to DESKTOPPC.. Alexa Play Music ...it plays music. Despite that the App volume slider in Win10 settings is still inactive. This suggests the Alexa Win10 app installer is not installing properly.

Pollensa1946, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Alexa app for PC

1. Alexa app for PC - Similar Threads - Alexa app

2. My alexa app windows 11 dosent work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My alexa app windows 11 dosent work: My amazon alexa app was working fine couple of days back , now When I open the app it shows red line which means microphone is off, but in windows setting it shows alexa is usning the mic currently, when turn it off and again enable it after that red line goes away, then I...
  3. My alexa app windows 11 dosent work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My alexa app windows 11 dosent work: My amazon alexa app was working fine couple of days back , now When I open the app it shows red line which means microphone is off, but in windows setting it shows alexa is usning the mic currently, when turn it off and again enable it after that red line goes away, then I...
  4. Is there an alexa app for windows 11 pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there an alexa app for windows 11 pc?: Is there an alexa app for windows 11 pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-an-alexa-app-for-windows-11-pc/d986fcf6-8ae5-4b2f-adc9-acb3e435109b
  5. Is there an alexa app for windows 11 pc?

Is there an alexa app for windows 11 pc?: Is there an alexa app for windows 11 pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-an-alexa-app-for-windows-11-pc/d986fcf6-8ae5-4b2f-adc9-acb3e435109b
  6. i need the amazon alexa app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    i need the amazon alexa app: because it not compatiable with this device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-the-amazon-alexa-app/5d5f554a-a54a-4b9b-9d62-2311bb7fa229
  7. i need the amazon alexa app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need the amazon alexa app: because it not compatiable with this device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-the-amazon-alexa-app/5d5f554a-a54a-4b9b-9d62-2311bb7fa229
  8. i need the amazon alexa app

9. Why did Win Update cause Alexa app for PC to malfunction?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did Win Update cause Alexa app for PC to malfunction?: I was using the Amazon Alexa app on my PC for over a year without any issues.I was first using it on windows 10 and then I 'upgraded' joke!! to windows 11 and it still worked fine for months.Then, suddenly, in early December, a windows 11 update occurred and now I cannot...
  10. Why did Win Update cause Alexa app for PC to malfunction?

Why did Win Update cause Alexa app for PC to malfunction?: I was using the Amazon Alexa app on my PC for over a year without any issues.I was first using it on windows 10 and then I 'upgraded' joke!! to windows 11 and it still worked fine for months.Then, suddenly, in early December, a windows 11 update occurred and now I cannot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where is alexa app