Windows 10: Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect.

Discus and support Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed the drivers for my Alfa WiFi adapter and Windows does indeed detect it. Under 'network connections' it is listed next to the internal WiFi,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JD_101_, Nov 26, 2020.

1. JD_101_ Win User

Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect.

I installed the drivers for my Alfa WiFi adapter and Windows does indeed detect it. Under 'network connections' it is listed next to the internal WiFi, but it has a red 'X' next to it, and says that it is 'not connected'. When I right click 'connect/disconnect' the WiFi menu in the start menu comes up, but clicking 'disconnect' or 'connect' on the network only toggles the internal WiFi, and doesn't seem to have any effect on the external device. Any ideas?

:)

JD_101_, Nov 26, 2020

2. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

Hello

I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi.

1. I am using Windows 10
    2. The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps
    3. I have also one USB mini wifi adapter attached to my other USB through which I am currently using internet

Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect. [​IMG]

From the above screenshot, the Wi-Fi 2 is which I am trying to connect. When I right-click on Wi-Fi 2 and click on Connect/Disconnect, It shows the already connected Wifi through USB mini adapter.

When I Disable WiFi and try to connect through WiFi 2 then it shows an error "Change settings, such as making a connection metered"

The device utility does not show any Wifi available connections though there are 2-3 wifi connection is there.

any idea how can I make connect to internet using my new Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps Wireless USB Adaptor - Wi Fi 2 on Windows 10 ?

oneandthree, Nov 26, 2020
  3. I need help setting up a Hotspot with Alfa R36A for home WiFi/Internet

This may not be the place to ask - but I'll try anyways. I have a motorhome parked at my house (my storage location). I'm trying to setup a Wifi Hotspot for my motorhome.

I just bought the Alfa R36A adapter and the Alfa AWUS036NH (antenna/receiver). This is setup inside the motorhome with the antenna/receiver suction-cupped to the window pointing toward my house. Alfa also sells this as a package with a different antenna called the "Camp Pro 2". https://store.rokland.com/collection...-access-points

I want to be able to connect to my home's the Internet from inside the motorhome (I have a Laptop and Smart TV/BD player in the motorhome that has Netflix and other streaming apps built in).

Inside my home I have AT&T DSL with their router/WiFi device. I get a weak Wifi signal inside the motorhome (and I can connect to the Internet with the Laptop's Wifi by connecting to the AT&T Wifi network and logging on with my AT&T SSID and password. Bu this signal is weak.

So I bought the Alfa system to pickup the weak AT&T Wifi signal and to pick up the free WiFi at the campgrounds I visit.

The problem I have is that the Alfa sees the AT&T Wifi and connects to it, but I can't get the Internet to connect. I can only connect to the devices on the Alfa network (by Wifi and ethernet).

When I setup the Alfa I choose "set as Hotspot" then the Alfa scans and lists the networks it sees. I select my ATT network and then enter the AT&T password in the setup. The Alfa has its own SSID and password. The Alfa uses 192.168.36.1 for the router and then assigns IP addresses in the 192.168.36.xx range. When I log onto the Alfa network it connects and all my local devices (TV) which get a 192.168.36.xx address. So those devices work fine over the Alfa network, but the Internet will not connect.

I asking if anyone has any experience with the Alfa or any suggestions to try. I plan to call tech support but they are closed when I get home from work and on weekends so it's not easy to get to them (I may just need to take a day off). It's also possible the Alfa device I just bought is defective.

I guess the way the Hotspot works, is that when I log onto the "Alfa network", the Alfa then automatically connects to the AT&T network (via WiF) and sends the AT&T password back to ATT system (?) to allow the Alfa network to connect to the Internet through the AT&T DSL/router/WiFi. I don't understand this part. Maybe the Alfa is not transmitting the password back to the ATT system.

CountryBumkin, Nov 26, 2020
  4. simrick Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect. - Similar Threads - Alfa WiFi adapter

2. Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect; a solution uninstall...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect; a solution uninstall...: When using Alfa's products, the original bundled WiFi software included with a computer sometimes interferes with Alfa's software. Uninstall the Intell or whatever brank WiFi software. Do not uninstall the factory WiFi driver. Reboot. Uninstall Alfa's software. Reboot....
  3. Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect; a solution uninstall...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect; a solution uninstall...: When using Alfa's products, the original bundled WiFi software included with a computer sometimes interferes with Alfa's software. Uninstall the Intell or whatever brank WiFi software. Do not uninstall the factory WiFi driver. Reboot. Uninstall Alfa's software. Reboot....
  4. Wifi adapter connecting/disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter connecting/disconnecting: Hello,In shot, this is a USB wifi adapter issue with a very long history of being a nuisance. Windows 11.The current problem is that Windows Update recently started to update my driver to:Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Net - 5001.15.129.0The current driver version...
  5. Wifi adapter connecting/disconnecting

Wifi adapter connecting/disconnecting: Hello,In shot, this is a USB wifi adapter issue with a very long history of being a nuisance. Windows 11.The current problem is that Windows Update recently started to update my driver to:Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Net - 5001.15.129.0The current driver version...
  6. My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi: My wifi adapter is not showing the the list of available networks i have tried everything but none of them is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-adapter-not-connecting-to-wifi/3ce3747e-9214-4d91-91dc-65167d24faa6
  7. My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi

My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi: My wifi adapter is not showing the the list of available networks i have tried everything but none of them is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-adapter-not-connecting-to-wifi/3ce3747e-9214-4d91-91dc-65167d24faa6
  8. My wifi adapter not connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Cannot connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to wifi: I cannot connect to wifi my hotspot comes up n when I connect it asked for a network security number and does that for every network i try to connect to. I troubleshoot and it says I have no preferred wireless networks. Plz help...
  10. How to connect WiFi adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to connect WiFi adapter: I'm not very computer literate, so simple language please! Like others, I have suddenly lost WiFi internet access on my PC (Windows 10). I get No Available Networks. Having tried all suggestions for about six hours, I wondered if it's to do with WiFi adapters. I went...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. alfa usb wifi not connecting