Windows 10: Alienware 15 R1 BSOD "Thread stuck on Driver"

Discus and support Alienware 15 R1 BSOD "Thread stuck on Driver" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; (machine translated) Hello, I recently bought a Dell Alienware 15 R1 online, unfortunately I found that it crashes regularly as soon as you try to play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tr0llingDE4D, May 3, 2020.

1. Alienware 15 R1 BSOD "Thread stuck on Driver"

(machine translated)
    Hello, I recently bought a Dell Alienware 15 R1 online, unfortunately I found that it crashes regularly as soon as you try to play games.
    The games themselves are going well.
    The notebook crashes randomly and spits out a BSOD with the comment "Tread stuck on Driver"
    Of course, I have already independently searched for a possible cause on the Internet, but unfortunately I have not found a solution that could help me, so I am here now.

Here is the data about my system:
    • Windows 10 Home 64-bit (Version 1909 (Build 18363.815)
    • Intel Core i7 4720HQ @ 2.60GHz
    • Haswell 22nm technology
    • 16.0GB dual-channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (11-11-11-28)
    • 1863GB Seagate ST2000LX001-1RG174 (SATA)
    • 238GB TOSHIBA THNSNJ256G8NU (SATA (SSD))
    • Sound Blaster Recon3Di
    • Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Dell)
    • 4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 M390X (Dell)

Furthermore I have attached a .Zip file in which more detailed information can be found.
    Unfortunately, I am not a professional when it comes to computers and I am currently only hobbyist with computer hardware and software, so if information is missing that you need to help me, I will of course try to provide it as soon as possible.

I thank everyone who takes the time and tries to help me with my problem.
    Best wishes and stay healthy!

Maurice

:)

Tr0llingDE4D, May 3, 2020
  2. Dominous Win User

Alienware m11x R1 - Windows 10 and NVidia Drivers

For a possible fix for the m11x video driver issue, please see this post here:

Alienware m11x - Windows 10 - NVidia update

In summary:

For the "Won't finish booting"/"Stuck at black screen w/ cursor" issue, set graphics to discrete in the BIOS. Let Windows finish booting and installing the drivers, then you can reboot and switch back to "Switchable" in the BIOS.

For the issue with Optimus drivers (or being able to switch graphics cards at all), see the above link for INF fixes, and the process to install the drivers. You need to disable driver signing to install the drivers with the INF modification.

Dominous, May 3, 2020
  3. Help with drivers for Alienware M11x R1

You just have to go to the Dell site and go to the driver page, then pick the M11x R1. Dell has the latest listed (ignore the beta driver, it's older).

Red_Machine, May 3, 2020
  4. 123123703 Win User

Alienware 15 R1 BSOD "Thread stuck on Driver"

BSOD Alienware 15 R1, Error 0x124 and 0x133 hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe

Hello! I'm having BSOD problems like DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR caused by hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe. I'm using an Alienware 15 R1 with Intel i7 4710HQ with GTX980M and 16GB DDR3 RAM. This started somewhere around the middle of the year 2017. I've had this laptop for roughly 3-4 years and actually from the start had many issues like CPU Throttling and FPS drops in-game.

But right now I'm having an even major issue, I face BSOD such as the errors listed above every single time I shut down my computer. Booting up is fine and shutting down straight away after starting up the computer is fine. But if I play a very taxing game such as Playerunknown's Battlegrounds or maybe even CS:GO after that session I would face these BSOD when attempting to shut down my computer. Sometimes even in the midst of these games I would randomly encountered a BSOD, especially the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error.

I don't recall ever dropping the laptop, I've always kept my laptop in optimal temperatures but it does get pretty hot when I start gaming.

I greatly appreciate it if anyone could help!

Thanks!

123123703, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Alienware 15 R1 BSOD "Thread stuck on Driver"

1. Alienware 15 R1 BSOD "Thread stuck on Driver" - Similar Threads - Alienware BSOD Thread

2. BSOD : Thread stuck in device driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD : Thread stuck in device driver: I recently got my pc built and I've noticed that when I'm playing games or doing other stuff, it sometimes starts to feel a little choppy and laggy-ish and then it crashes giving the error Thread Stuck in Device DriverIt has happened alot of times with me, it works perfectly...
  3. BSoD Thread Stuck in the driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD Thread Stuck in the driver: Hello team, before I state my question. Here's the system I currently use: Asrock a320m-hdv Ryzen 3 3200g with Vega 8 APU 8gb Ram 240 SSD 1TB HDD armaggeddon 235fx I've been getting that bluescreen a lot saying thread stuck in the device driver. This becomes quite...
  4. BSOD thread stuck in device driver

BSOD thread stuck in device driver: Hi, I have been getting the BSOD on my new pc. Here are the specs: Motherboard: asrock b450m hdv r4.0 Bios version p3.70 Cpu: ryzen 3 3200g part # yd3200c5fhbox Ram: 1x8gb gskill aegis 3000 mhz Ssd: kingston 120gb Psu: 400watt Os: windows 10 pro fully updated Drivers:...
  5. BSOD - Thread Stuck In Driver.

BSOD - Thread Stuck In Driver.: hi I've built a custom pc I can go deeper in details in specs if needed and I have this problem where if I'm play a game like, Minecraft when I quit the game Minecraft, I get the BSOD. also when I am in a fullscreen game and I click on my second monitor it will also give...
  6. Thread stuck in device driver BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thread stuck in device driver BSOD: Hello everyone, I have been having this error while playing X-Plane 11. I am reinstalling it as I am typing. I updated all my drivers to the newest version including my RX Vega 54. I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me?...
  7. BSOD Device driver stuck in thread

BSOD Device driver stuck in thread: Have no clue why i get this, all my drivers are updated to the newest. Here`s a link to a folder with my dump files and sysinfo: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgdnkJ74kZzOlX34CFIrFWZBPnYQ?e=p12wbi...
  8. BSOD Alienware 15 R1, Error 0x124 and 0x133 hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD Alienware 15 R1, Error 0x124 and 0x133 hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe: Hello! I'm having BSOD problems like DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR caused by hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe. I'm using an Alienware 15 R1 with Intel i7 4710HQ with GTX980M and 16GB DDR3 RAM. This started somewhere around the middle of the year 2017. I've had...
  9. BSOD Thread stuck in device driver

BSOD Thread stuck in device driver: Here is my computer: A10-7850K 3.7GHz Quad-Core, FBM-02 MicroATX Mini Tower - System Build - PCPartPicker Occasionally when I'm multitasking on the computer, it will have this error: Attachment 99662 I will attach all logs in a compressed file for your viewing pleasure:...
  10. BSOD Thread stuck In Device Driver

BSOD Thread stuck In Device Driver: Every so often (once every two or three weeks) it's quite random, normally when playing games. The game normally freezes and then the BSOD occurs. I am quite good with computers on the basic side of things but all this BSOD solving seems quite complicated so I might get a...