Windows 10: Alienware 15 r3 won't boot/Updated to Windows 1903

Discus and support Alienware 15 r3 won't boot/Updated to Windows 1903 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So... I bought Red Dead Redemption 2 from Epic the day after the release. I had problems, as did everyone... I am not too familiar with this computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bubblebloodbath, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Alienware 15 r3 won't boot/Updated to Windows 1903

So... I bought Red Dead Redemption 2 from Epic the day after the release. I had problems, as did everyone...

I am not too familiar with this computer "behind the scenes", I use it mostly for school. I tried everything. Bios, drivers and all. Finally against my better judgement I updated to Windows 10 1903 from the previous Windows 10. It worked to get RDR to load and be playable.

I booted up the next day and received an "Invalid signature detected. Check Secure Boot Policy in Setup." I ran through many a forum. I have disabled the Secure Boot option as it says for many people it works. Not for me. Now I'm just stuck at the main Alienware alien head load screen with F2 and F12 options in the bottom corner.

How do I resolve this problem? How do I get it back to working order? Even if I lose the files, I need it working!

Please help! My brain is bleeding from stress. Thank You!

submitted by /u/bubblebloodbath
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bubblebloodbath, Nov 11, 2019

2. Windows Hello not working on Alienware 15 r3

Will you fix this problem on Alienware 15 r3?

TyatyaPatya, Nov 11, 2019
  3. Jakeb34 Win User
    Alienware says it's Microsoft's problem that my Aurora R3 will not upgrade to Windows 10

I was also having an issue like this, I would follow these steps but I really don't want to dual-boot. Do you think Microsoft (because I know Alienware wont :/ ) will take steps to help us (people with alienware aurora r3's) out? I really like the look of
    Windows 10 but to be unsupported without having to perform a little trick on the setup (hold down the power button when the computer is restarting in setup, wait about 10 seconds then start it back up again; basically a manual reboot) is a shame.

Upgrade stuck on boot : Windows10

This is the post on reddit on the issue, people have had issues with their R3's.

Jakeb34, Nov 11, 2019
  4. MBurville Win User

Alienware 15 r3 won't boot/Updated to Windows 1903

Alienware Aurora-R3 & Windows 10

Hi philby12,

Just cross-checked threads on Dell Community and verify a thread (also noticed that we are on both present in some discussions).

Tesla1856 posted in a thread saying the R3 seems to not have an industry standard UEFI

Dell Offizielle Seite | Dell Deutschland

but also asked if anyone has tried upgrading in Legacy.

Tesla1856 post was shortly after marked as the Answer.

I have Legacy disks since I got my R3, this limits the hard disk to 4 primary partitions which is quite restrictive, but this isn't an issue for me as I don't need many drive letters, one or 2 per SSD/Hard Disk is more than enough for me. UEFI is however
    listed in the Bios boot (A06).

I think if you find a way to use a Legacy partitioned disk, you may be in a better situation like I am without previously realising, UEFI may be the root problem for R3 owners using it and wanting to upgrade but cannot.

I used Partition Wizard to copy my Win7 to a fresh SSD for upgrade to Windows 10, that way I was reassured I would be able to recover whatever happens.

MBurville, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Alienware 15 r3 won't boot/Updated to Windows 1903

1. Alienware 15 r3 won't boot/Updated to Windows 1903 - Similar Threads - Alienware won't boot

2. How to fix black screen no mouse Alienware 15 R3?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix black screen no mouse Alienware 15 R3?: Hey can anyone help me out ? I've been having issue for nearly a month now. I have a 15 R3 Alienware laptop, i was doing my best to keep it up to date. I ran into an issue where my window files were corrupted so that ended in me having to reset the pc ,once i did windows...
  3. How to fix black screen no mouse Alienware 15 R3?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix black screen no mouse Alienware 15 R3?: Hey can anyone help me out ? I've been having issue for nearly a month now. I have a 15 R3 Alienware laptop, i was doing my best to keep it up to date. I ran into an issue where my window files were corrupted so that ended in me having to reset the pc ,once i did windows...
  4. How to fix black screen no mouse Alienware 15 R3?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Alienware 15 R2 won't complete Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alienware 15 R2 won't complete Windows 10 updates: The Alienware 15 R2 I have fails during updates of the Windows 10 OS. The Windows Update system downloads and installs the Version 1903 update, installs it and restarts. It then goes through set up to 30% then restarts. It then goes to 48% set up then turns itself off.When...
  6. Alienware 15 R2 won't complete Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alienware 15 R2 won't complete Windows 10 updates: The Alienware 15 R2 I have fails during updates of the Windows 10 OS. The Windows Update system downloads and installs the Version 1903 update, installs it and restarts. It then goes through set up to 30% then restarts. It then goes to 48% set up then turns itself off.When...
  7. Alienware 15 R2 won't complete Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Alienware 17 R3 random? BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alienware 17 R3 random? BSOD: Im not new to computers or SSDs or using them. I AM unfamiliar with what to do when one composts (in somewhere around 30 years, Ive never had one randomly BSOD except when it was something easy, simple and usually stupid. And I still dont. But my wife DOES Alienware 17 R3...
  9. Hard drive inside computer ; computer cant find it. Alienware 15 r3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive inside computer ; computer cant find it. Alienware 15 r3: i was playing with some magnets while texting some friends and i left the magnet over the hard drive a bit too long and i pulled it off any everything got slow and slow and slow until *poof* blue screen. "bad system cog info" after that it goes "checking media presence" and...
  10. Alienware 15 R3 Windows Hello Not Working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Alienware 15 R3 Windows Hello Not Working: How can i fix thiis? It stays like this the IR camera wont open for windows Hello. The driver of the camera is updated already. Any help there?[ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. alienware aurora r3 bios update

2. aurora r3 windows 10 bsos

3. aurora r7 not starting up