Windows 10: Alienware 17 R4 Did they have it together with UEFI ? back then ?

Discus and support Alienware 17 R4 Did they have it together with UEFI ? back then ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I purchased off ebay - It came quick and it was packaged just right and it had what they said it had. I pretend its 2017 and I am actually getting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DonMurray, Apr 3, 2020.

1. DonMurray Win User

Alienware 17 R4 Did they have it together with UEFI ? back then ?

I purchased off ebay - It came quick and it was packaged just right and it had what they said it had. I pretend its 2017 and I am actually getting the fastest machine ever made. It was back then !
    I may set this up with legacy boot and reinstall the OS - That is unless I can get this unified extensible firmware interface UEFI figured out. I have a 2018 hirens boot disk that is supposed to allow me to boot up a UEFI. Windows Boot Manager is something new to me and it looks like it take a bit of time to boot. Not sure what the holdup there is. I am surprised the bIos is so primitive looking. Definitely a well made machine. I am glad I returned that piece of shit HP I got from wally world ! The SSDI/power ribbon that held the second hard drive was paper thin and it came loose from its connector and I had no way to connect it back. You know the connectors for the HD were just way paper thin and it was a ftat cable that connected it. This Dell is a Gem. Course Im not full into it yet. I guess they cool off poorly it it may need extra cooling. Not a prob for me. ANYWAY I an going to need to figure out how to get where I can clone this drive and I do not remember how to work with windows boot manager. The bios and windows are tied together a bit and they are advanced but back then I don't think they had it all worked out to a T yet and it might be a bit buggy. The bios was so primitive looking. Anyway I am thinking on putting it back to legacy boot and doing away with UEFI. I have Dell comps with win10 pro and I still can use my old cloning software and my old computers to make clones and images of my OSes. Which I do often as I can make my self. Good ole Macrium is one I may try. What is your opinion would it be worth my time to go back to legacy boot. ? Do you think that worked out all the bugs from that 2017/2018 bios version ??
    Here is a link for this Machine
    https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/alie...nual_en-us.pdf
    I still need to learn as much as I can about this UEFI I do not really want to but if this machine is better off staying a UEFI then I will. I guess when you have UEFI you also have Globally Unique formating of your hard drive where you uniquely tracked and everything you do is data for others. Maybe that is not in my best interest!
    Thank you !

:)

DonMurray, Apr 3, 2020
  2. PIT77 Win User

Facial Recognition - Camera is not working on Alienware 17 R4

Hey! Same problem!

Not working on my Alienware 17 R4....

Some1 found a fix??

Microsoft help!

PIT77, Apr 3, 2020
  3. deltam Win User
    Windows Hello - Alienware 17 R4

I bought an Alienware 17 R4 from the Microsoft store that has a Tobii EyeTracker with IR camera for Windows Hello. After talking to Dell and Tobii, it was said by both that Microsoft needs to correct the problem.

According to both Dell and Tobii, my software & drivers are up to date.

The IR camera on the Tobii device is always "on". However, when I go to setup Windows Hello, this camera goes off (which is strange). After Windows fails with "can not turn on camera" and the dialog goes away, the camera then
    comes on.

ERROR IN EVENT VIEWER:

Package Microsoft.BioEnrollment_10.0.16299.15_neutral__cw5n1h2txyewy+App was terminated because it took too long to suspend.

Hardware: Alienware 17 R4, CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820HK CPU @ 2.90GHz, RAM: 16GB

OS Version: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.0] x64

Tobii Eye Tracking Core SW 2.11.0.6827

Eye tracker model IS4 Base DAW

Serial number CN0XCMKDDTOB16B90422A00

Firmware 2.20.2-e1a36f8

Tobii Controller Core Not available

Tobii USB Service Not available

Tobii Controller Driver 2.0.4

Tobii Service 1.22.0.7220

Tobii Engine 1.22.0.8423

Tobii Config 4.8.0.1100

Tobii Interaction 2.11.0.4822

Tobii Face Authentication for Windows Hello 1.0.21.207

Tobii Eye Tracker HID 1.1.532.0

HID-compliant device 1.1.532.0

Tobii Device 1.1.532.0

Tobii Intro 1.0.3.173

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1709

OS Build: 16299.98

According to some research, others have this same issue after applying the fall update and just limited to the Alienware laptop. Is Microsoft working on this issue?

deltam, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Alienware 17 R4 Did they have it together with UEFI ? back then ?

Alienware m17x r4

Im wondering whether to buy another alienware m17x r4 laptop on ebay but i heard that dell doesn’t support these laptops or they don’t have the drivers (something like this could you please clarify) Im thinking i might just buy a apple macbook instead
    because i did own an alienware m17x r4 before and had nothing but problems.

thank you

SimeonGiles, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Alienware 17 R4 Did they have it together with UEFI ? back then ?

1. Alienware 17 R4 Did they have it together with UEFI ? back then ? - Similar Threads - Alienware Did together

2. alienware 17 R5 problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alienware 17 R5 problems: I reinstalled windows 11 on my alienware 17 R5 gaming laptop. It has a NVidia 1070 video card has a main graphic card and a intel HD 650 video card thats not used. My problem is when my computer monitor goes out from not using it for awhile it won't come back on when i wiggle...
  3. alienware 17 R5 problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    alienware 17 R5 problems: I reinstalled windows 11 on my alienware 17 R5 gaming laptop. It has a NVidia 1070 video card has a main graphic card and a intel HD 650 video card thats not used. My problem is when my computer monitor goes out from not using it for awhile it won't come back on when i wiggle...
  4. Alienware R4 17 BSOD with System Service Exception and Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alienware R4 17 BSOD with System Service Exception and Critical Process Died: Starting a few days ago, my Alienware R4 17 started bluescreening with the errors "System Service Exception" and "Critical Process Died" It gives these BSODs at no particular time, just randomly whenever im using the computer. sfc/scannow tells me that there are corrupt files...
  5. DPC_Watchdog_Violation Randomly on my Alienware 17 R4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_Watchdog_Violation Randomly on my Alienware 17 R4: Hi. Usually when i'm patching games, any of my ssd's and hdd. i have 3 ssd, 1 hdd one time on just only using discord. Two times when i playing games...This BSOD begins after 1809 to 20H2 update. media creation for OS, format via usb stick, clean and step by step driver...
  6. Alienware 17 R5/17 R4 Missing New OS Upgrades!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alienware 17 R5/17 R4 Missing New OS Upgrades!: I have two Alienware laptops as described in the title...both with Windows 10 Pro installed when purchased. I keep them updated with the security updates released each month. But I have yet to see any Microsoft Windows 10 version releases to download and install via Windows...
  7. Alienware M17x r4 laptop having problems.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alienware M17x r4 laptop having problems.: My laptop has been having problems such as the sound not working sometimes, the camera doesnt work and the battery only lasts 30 mins without the charger. I brought it into a repair shop and they quoted me £160 to fix it. They also told me that the sound was only coming out...
  8. Windows 10 Version Upgrade for Alienware 15 R4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version Upgrade for Alienware 15 R4: Hey guys. I would like to know when the Alienware laptop series would be able to upgrade the Windows 10 version (from 1803 to 1809). Any idea or answer would be helpful. Thanks....
  9. Alienware 17 R4 wont wake up from sleep/standby

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alienware 17 R4 wont wake up from sleep/standby: This issue has happened on every desktop/laptop ive owned from custom build to name brand why isnt microsoft dealing with this issue, their are 1000's of people with this concern who have this very same problem, i would want my Alienware 17 r4 to sleep then when i open the...
  10. Windows Hello issue on Log in window Alienware R4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello issue on Log in window Alienware R4: For the last several weeks I have been unable to log in with the facial recognition software. This worked for 2018 until the most recent Windows Update was applied. Feature Update 1809 Windows 10 Prior to removing this update can you tell me what other steps I can take....