Windows 10: Alienware 17 R4 wont wake up from sleep/standby

Discus and support Alienware 17 R4 wont wake up from sleep/standby in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This issue has happened on every desktop/laptop ive owned from custom build to name brand why isnt microsoft dealing with this issue, their are 1000's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Steven Charette, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Alienware 17 R4 wont wake up from sleep/standby

This issue has happened on every desktop/laptop ive owned from custom build to name brand why isnt microsoft dealing with this issue, their are 1000's of people with this concern who have this very same problem, i would want my Alienware 17 r4 to sleep then when i open the lip wake up, and i shouldnt get a response of go back to the previous build im involved in the preview for my own personal reason's and i shouldnt have to force shutdown the laptop to gain access to my system again ive read others peoples complaints and the responses they get was pretty rude "revert the changes" pretty much go reinstall windows retail, thats not a fix in this case

Anyone figure out why this happens please help me thank youi

:)

Steven Charette, Jan 22, 2019
  2. PIT77 Win User

Facial Recognition - Camera is not working on Alienware 17 R4

Hey! Same problem!

Not working on my Alienware 17 R4....

Some1 found a fix??

Microsoft help!

PIT77, Jan 22, 2019
  3. deltam Win User
    Windows Hello - Alienware 17 R4

I bought an Alienware 17 R4 from the Microsoft store that has a Tobii EyeTracker with IR camera for Windows Hello. After talking to Dell and Tobii, it was said by both that Microsoft needs to correct the problem.

According to both Dell and Tobii, my software & drivers are up to date.

The IR camera on the Tobii device is always "on". However, when I go to setup Windows Hello, this camera goes off (which is strange). After Windows fails with "can not turn on camera" and the dialog goes away, the camera then
    comes on.

ERROR IN EVENT VIEWER:

Package Microsoft.BioEnrollment_10.0.16299.15_neutral__cw5n1h2txyewy+App was terminated because it took too long to suspend.

Hardware: Alienware 17 R4, CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820HK CPU @ 2.90GHz, RAM: 16GB

OS Version: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.0] x64

Tobii Eye Tracking Core SW 2.11.0.6827

Eye tracker model IS4 Base DAW

Serial number CN0XCMKDDTOB16B90422A00

Firmware 2.20.2-e1a36f8

Tobii Controller Core Not available

Tobii USB Service Not available

Tobii Controller Driver 2.0.4

Tobii Service 1.22.0.7220

Tobii Engine 1.22.0.8423

Tobii Config 4.8.0.1100

Tobii Interaction 2.11.0.4822

Tobii Face Authentication for Windows Hello 1.0.21.207

Tobii Eye Tracker HID 1.1.532.0

HID-compliant device 1.1.532.0

Tobii Device 1.1.532.0

Tobii Intro 1.0.3.173

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1709

OS Build: 16299.98

According to some research, others have this same issue after applying the fall update and just limited to the Alienware laptop. Is Microsoft working on this issue?

deltam, Jan 22, 2019
  4. Alienware 17 R4 wont wake up from sleep/standby

Facial Recognition - Camera is not working on Alienware 17 R4

Hello PIT77,

Sorry to say I had to do a clean reinstall of Windows 1703 and I have paused the updates to 1709. I hear a fix from Tobii website is coming sometime in February. Nothing from Dell though. But I'm sure the two are working on this driver. Can't say when Microsoft
    is going to have a driver released though.

SherryMalik, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

Alienware 17 R4 wont wake up from sleep/standby

1. Alienware 17 R4 wont wake up from sleep/standby - Similar Threads - Alienware wont wake

2. Windows 11 wont wake up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 wont wake up from sleep.: I upgraded to windows 11 today and I am having some problem with it. When I put the PC on sleep mode for almost 25-30 mins and then try to wake it, it gets stuck, it remains in sleep even after i open the lid, press the power key,etc.Then I have to hard restart it to get back...
  3. Windows 11 wont wake up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 wont wake up from sleep.: I upgraded to windows 11 today and I am having some problem with it. When I put the PC on sleep mode for almost 25-30 mins and then try to wake it, it gets stuck, it remains in sleep even after i open the lid, press the power key,etc.Then I have to hard restart it to get back...
  4. DPC_Watchdog_Violation Randomly on my Alienware 17 R4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_Watchdog_Violation Randomly on my Alienware 17 R4: Hi. Usually when i'm patching games, any of my ssd's and hdd. i have 3 ssd, 1 hdd one time on just only using discord. Two times when i playing games...This BSOD begins after 1809 to 20H2 update. media creation for OS, format via usb stick, clean and step by step driver...
  5. PC wont wake up properly from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC wont wake up properly from sleep: For some reason, Whenever I let my pc sleep for a long time, it comes back from sleep in a bad state. The keyboard is not functioning, and I cant shutdown it keeps the pc alive while the monitor goes into normal shutdown. At that point the only solution is to hard shutdown by...
  6. Alienware 17 R5/17 R4 Missing New OS Upgrades!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alienware 17 R5/17 R4 Missing New OS Upgrades!: I have two Alienware laptops as described in the title...both with Windows 10 Pro installed when purchased. I keep them updated with the security updates released each month. But I have yet to see any Microsoft Windows 10 version releases to download and install via Windows...
  7. Windows 10 wont wake up from sleep

Windows 10 wont wake up from sleep: OS- Windows 10 Home x64 bit - Version 20H2 Machine - Desktop PC IntelR Core2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHzMemory - 4GB RAMWhen put to sleep i.e by selecting start-Power-sleep the machine goes to sleep but does not wake up when I move the mouse or tap a key on Keyboard.I...
  8. Alienware 17 R4 Did they have it together with UEFI ? back then ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alienware 17 R4 Did they have it together with UEFI ? back then ?: I purchased off ebay - It came quick and it was packaged just right and it had what they said it had. I pretend its 2017 and I am actually getting the fastest machine ever made. It was back then ! I may set this up with legacy boot and reinstall the OS - That is unless I can...
  9. Computer Wont wake up from sleep

Computer Wont wake up from sleep: I updated my laptop HP Stream Laptop while updating the computer to finish its update in sleep mode. After this was finished the laptop was stuck in sleep mode. I hard reset the computer and it launched fine. After further observations looking through the logs on the update...
  10. Desktop PC wont wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop PC wont wake up from sleep: after a fresh install of Windows 10 on a Samsung 850 EVO 500gb SSD i cant seem to get my computer to wake. i have my mouse (Logitech g700s) currently plugged in with USB cable and a 2.4ghz wireless keyboard. after i put the computer to sleep i cant seem to wake it. my only...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. alienware standby

2. alienware 17 laptop goes to.sleep wont eake up

3. Alienware R17 wont wake up

4. how to wake up my alienware 17r4 after it goes to sleep?,
  5. laptop alienware 17 r4 updates,
  6. alienware wont wake up from keyboard,
  7. alienware laptop wont wake from sleep