Windows 10: Alienware 17 R5 experiences daily BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Discus and support Alienware 17 R5 experiences daily BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This computer was purchased 5 years ago and within the first year it began experiencing BSOD errors which occured perhaps once every 2 months.Two years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NT_512, Sep 7, 2022.

1. NT_512 Win User

Alienware 17 R5 experiences daily BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

This computer was purchased 5 years ago and within the first year it began experiencing BSOD errors which occured perhaps once every 2 months.Two years into owning the computer and BSOD errors continued to happen more often to the point where, as soon as windows booted up, BSOD error appeared.At that time I did some trouble shooting, tested RAM, replaced SSD, and reinstalled windows and BSOD seemed to subside for a time.As of a few weeks ago I can say that BSOD appeared around once a week.I've noticed that most of the time BSOD appears when I move the mouse, after some period of non use, and w

:)

NT_512, Sep 7, 2022

2. Alienware R5 update from 1803 to 1809

My Alienware wos updated from 1803 to 1809 I had some problems with blue screen of death(BSOD) then I factory reset it with Dell support assist coz normal recovery wouldn't work now I can't update from 1803 to 1809,now I have latest version 1803 my question
    is did Microsoft block update for Alienware R5 ?

RenatoRamic, Sep 7, 2022
  3. BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Hello Ethan,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on your system. We will certainly help you.

Blue screens (BSOD) is mostly occur due to hardware and sometimes due to incompatible software. In a lot of cases it is a corrupted driver or a driver conflict. The most common causes of blue screens are overheating, faulty RAM, video card problem
    and BIOS.

The SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check has a value of 0x0000007E. This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.

We suggest you to kindly follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know the status of the issue and the result of troubleshooting. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 7, 2022
  4. Alienware 17 R5 experiences daily BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Windows 10 BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

When I start my laptop. It's always restart and show BSOD : SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

(Cl.dll). Please give me your suggestion.

Athipphakone, Sep 7, 2022
Thema:

Alienware 17 R5 experiences daily BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

1. Alienware 17 R5 experiences daily BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - Similar Threads - Alienware experiences daily

2. alienware 17 R5 problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alienware 17 R5 problems: I reinstalled windows 11 on my alienware 17 R5 gaming laptop. It has a NVidia 1070 video card has a main graphic card and a intel HD 650 video card thats not used. My problem is when my computer monitor goes out from not using it for awhile it won't come back on when i wiggle...
  3. alienware 17 R5 problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    alienware 17 R5 problems: I reinstalled windows 11 on my alienware 17 R5 gaming laptop. It has a NVidia 1070 video card has a main graphic card and a intel HD 650 video card thats not used. My problem is when my computer monitor goes out from not using it for awhile it won't come back on when i wiggle...
  4. Alienware 17 R5 experiences daily BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alienware 17 R5 experiences daily BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: This computer was purchased 5 years ago and within the first year it began experiencing BSOD errors which occured perhaps once every 2 months.Two years into owning the computer and BSOD errors continued to happen more often to the point where, as soon as windows booted up,...
  5. Alienware 17 R5 experiences daily BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alienware 17 R5 experiences daily BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: This computer was purchased 5 years ago and within the first year it began experiencing BSOD errors which occured perhaps once every 2 months.Two years into owning the computer and BSOD errors continued to happen more often to the point where, as soon as windows booted up,...
  6. Alienware 17 R5/17 R4 Missing New OS Upgrades!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alienware 17 R5/17 R4 Missing New OS Upgrades!: I have two Alienware laptops as described in the title...both with Windows 10 Pro installed when purchased. I keep them updated with the security updates released each month. But I have yet to see any Microsoft Windows 10 version releases to download and install via Windows...
  7. Alienware 17 R5 Crash While Gaming

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Alienware 17 R5 Crash While Gaming: Hello everyone, I am writing this post because I have a problem with my computer that no matter how hard I try I have not been able to fix it. I even brought it to computer repair center and the computer still has the same problem, although it got fixed for a few days....
  8. Thunderbolt display & Alienware 17 r5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thunderbolt display & Alienware 17 r5: I am having an issue where I am trying to connect a thunderbolt display and when connected it gives me a promt to connect or do not connect. I select connect, but it is not connecting. the display only shows up in attached devices saying its not connected....
  9. touchpad alienware R5 17" autoscrolling nonstop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touchpad alienware R5 17" autoscrolling nonstop: I have a Dell Alienware 17" R5 laptop. I'm trying to disable the autoscroll feature on the touchpad. It's especially annoying in chrome or in adobe pdfs. I've tried all the settings in Alienware "pointing" devices to no avail as well as disabling, uninstalling and...
  10. alienware r5 gpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    alienware r5 gpu upgrade: hello i am looking to upgrade my gpu in my pc and i was wondering if a asus gpu will fit and work with alienware aurora r5 pc. i have a 460 watt power supply would that be enough (i5 6600,ssd, 16gb ram)?? link to gpu...