Windows 10: Alienware Aurora R4 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Windows 10 - Build 1903

Discus and support Alienware Aurora R4 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Windows 10 - Build 1903 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Alienware Aurora R4; with an Intel C600 Series Chipset SATA controller. I am using the latest BIOS and Drivers but get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by weidmant, Jun 10, 2019.

1. weidmant Win User

Alienware Aurora R4 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Windows 10 - Build 1903

I have an Alienware Aurora R4; with an Intel C600 Series Chipset SATA controller. I am using the latest BIOS and Drivers but get a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION multiple times per day. It is running on a Samsung 850 Pro SSD, also with the latest BIOS for that drive.

I believe the issue is with the SATA controller on this system, and driver issues. I checked online and tried using a IO Crest SATA controller card but it too was not compatible with this version of Windows.

Are there any compatible SATA controllers or other ways to resolve this issue on this system.

:)

weidmant, Jun 10, 2019

2. Dell Alienware Aurora-R3 & Windows 10 Build 1709 (Fall Creators Edition)

As I said in my question, the make and model of my PC is Dell Alienware Aurora-R3. That computer is NOT Windows 10 compatible, but may users have learned that the main problem is that the computer freezes when the computer reboots during the windows 10
    installation, and this can be avoided by simply shutting down whenever the computer starts to restart. I had no problem running Windows 10 until version 1709 came along. I was hoping someone who also had a Dell Alienware Aurora-R3 had come up with a work-around.

HappyMacomb, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Alienware Aurora-R3 & Windows 10

When you have windows 10 installed there is another trick which fixes the fans and makes the Command Center work with my Alienware Aurora R3 when the fans are at 100% and the Command Centre shows no control over fans...

Open your Aurora R3, near the front of the Alienware R3 you will see the SISTER motherboard (smaller than the main) which controls the fans. Unplug the 4 pin power cable with a white thick plastic connector(it may seem stuck and hard to pull out but try
    to do it CAREFULLY WITH THE POWER CABLE DISCONNECTED), then power up the Windows 10 Aurora R3 with the sister board unpowered. Then when in windows 10 (the fans should be at 100%), shut down via the software and re-plug the power cable to the Sister motherboard
    controlling the fans, enter the Windows 10 again and the fans should be stable and Control Centre should allow you control on the fans either manual or auto.

There was another way I got the fans down from 100% but only recommended as a last resort if you don't want to tamper with the hardware, (it can mess up the operating system and it goes into auto repair where it prompts you to re-install windows 10 - don't
    go for the re-install option, restarts and different options fix it always eventually)... you go into sleep mode on windows 10 aurora r3, then when it is in sleep mode power down and power up, the fans MAY normalise, it is hit or miss.

There is also an options in Windows System Admin regarding the fans cannot remember where but you will see it somewhere under power management I think under the Aliwnware FX setting, I cannot remember the proper disable or enable setting that is should be
    either it's been so long.

dfernand101, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Alienware Aurora R4 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Windows 10 - Build 1903

Dell Alienware Aurora-R3 & Windows 10 Build 1709 (Fall Creators Edition)

I also have an Alienware Aurora R3 and this method worked for me.

It's the same method that was needed with the initial upgrade to Windows 10.

Every time the computer restarts you kill the power as soon as you see the Alienware head logo.

For me there was a total of 3 restarts.

The initial one, then one at 30% and one at 75%.

After that, everything was fine.

HamsterLife, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Alienware Aurora R4 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Windows 10 - Build 1903

1. Alienware Aurora R4 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Windows 10 - Build 1903 - Similar Threads - Alienware Aurora DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

2. DPC_Watchdog_Violation Randomly on my Alienware 17 R4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_Watchdog_Violation Randomly on my Alienware 17 R4: Hi. Usually when i'm patching games, any of my ssd's and hdd. i have 3 ssd, 1 hdd one time on just only using discord. Two times when i playing games...This BSOD begins after 1809 to 20H2 update. media creation for OS, format via usb stick, clean and step by step driver...
  3. alienware aurora r12 issue

alienware aurora r12 issue: i just bought this computer a few days ago and i dont feel im getting the performance i should out of it. ive set everything to performance mode. its the intel i7 with rtx 3070. even on performance mode fortnite is only getting 120 frames...
  4. Alienware Aurora R8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Alienware Aurora R8: Alienware Aurora R8 Desktop fleeced excess power out and now it won't turn on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alienware-aurora-r8/86aa8d40-0eb7-4e33-89ac-c5b7bb1badd3
  5. My Alienware Aurora r10 won’t sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Alienware Aurora r10 won’t sleep: I have an Alienware Aurora r10 computer running Win 10 and for some reasons it won’t ever sleep. The computer is in my bedroom so the bright light and fan keeps me awake. As a student, this is really frustrating because sometimes I only have time for a few hours of sleep...
  6. Alienware Aurora R7 gets red boxed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alienware Aurora R7 gets red boxed: How do I fix the red box “Secure Boot Violation”?? This computer has been running fine until I updated to Windows 10. Anyone can help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alienware-aurora-r7-gets-red-boxed/b1cfa150-c6b7-4a89-b364-fa146bd83b46
  7. Alienware Aurora R7 Boot up loop

Alienware Aurora R7 Boot up loop: Note: I've had my Aurora for almost a year now. Earlier today I factory reset my computer entirely, since then I've been sent to a set up area where I am supposed to fill out my region, language, timezone, and keyboard type. After pressing next I've been sent to a page that...
  8. Windows 10 Version Upgrade for Alienware 15 R4

Windows 10 Version Upgrade for Alienware 15 R4: Hey guys. I would like to know when the Alienware laptop series would be able to upgrade the Windows 10 version (from 1803 to 1809). Any idea or answer would be helpful. Thanks....
  9. Windows Hello issue on Log in window Alienware R4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello issue on Log in window Alienware R4: For the last several weeks I have been unable to log in with the facial recognition software. This worked for 2018 until the most recent Windows Update was applied. Feature Update 1809 Windows 10 Prior to removing this update can you tell me what other steps I can take....
  10. Alienware aurora r7 won't start

Alienware aurora r7 won't start: My aurora doesn't start. It goes to the alienware boot sequence, then it goes to a blue screen saying that windows automatic repair couldn't fix the PC. Is there any way to find what is wrong? The log file it gives me is F:\sources\sos.wim\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. aurora r4 motherboard runs a little differnt under win 10

2. aurora r4 drivers windows 10

3. alienware aurora r4 windows 10

4. alienware aurora r4 build,
  5. Alienware Aurora R5 windows 10 1903,
  6. aroura r4 1903