Windows 10: Alienware Aurora R8

Discus and support Alienware Aurora R8 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Alienware Aurora R8 Desktop fleeced excess power out and now it won't turn on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bradcameron3, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Alienware Aurora R8

Alienware Aurora R8 Desktop fleeced excess power out and now it won't turn on

:)

bradcameron3, Dec 4, 2020

2. Alienware Aurora-R3 & Windows 10

When you have windows 10 installed there is another trick which fixes the fans and makes the Command Center work with my Alienware Aurora R3 when the fans are at 100% and the Command Centre shows no control over fans...

Open your Aurora R3, near the front of the Alienware R3 you will see the SISTER motherboard (smaller than the main) which controls the fans. Unplug the 4 pin power cable with a white thick plastic connector(it may seem stuck and hard to pull out but try
    to do it CAREFULLY WITH THE POWER CABLE DISCONNECTED), then power up the Windows 10 Aurora R3 with the sister board unpowered. Then when in windows 10 (the fans should be at 100%), shut down via the software and re-plug the power cable to the Sister motherboard
    controlling the fans, enter the Windows 10 again and the fans should be stable and Control Centre should allow you control on the fans either manual or auto.

There was another way I got the fans down from 100% but only recommended as a last resort if you don't want to tamper with the hardware, (it can mess up the operating system and it goes into auto repair where it prompts you to re-install windows 10 - don't
    go for the re-install option, restarts and different options fix it always eventually)... you go into sleep mode on windows 10 aurora r3, then when it is in sleep mode power down and power up, the fans MAY normalise, it is hit or miss.

There is also an options in Windows System Admin regarding the fans cannot remember where but you will see it somewhere under power management I think under the Aliwnware FX setting, I cannot remember the proper disable or enable setting that is should be
    either it's been so long.

dfernand101, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Alienware aurora r7 won't start

My aurora doesn't start. It goes to the alienware boot sequence, then it goes to a blue screen saying that windows automatic repair couldn't fix the PC. Is there any way to find what is wrong? The log file it gives me is F:\sources\sos.wim\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

I've tried about any solution I could find, but it keeps coming back to this screen.

MathiasSimpson, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Jakeb34 Win User

Alienware Aurora R8

Alienware says it's Microsoft's problem that my Aurora R3 will not upgrade to Windows 10

I was also having an issue like this, I would follow these steps but I really don't want to dual-boot. Do you think Microsoft (because I know Alienware wont :/ ) will take steps to help us (people with alienware aurora r3's) out? I really like the look of
    Windows 10 but to be unsupported without having to perform a little trick on the setup (hold down the power button when the computer is restarting in setup, wait about 10 seconds then start it back up again; basically a manual reboot) is a shame.

Upgrade stuck on boot : Windows10

This is the post on reddit on the issue, people have had issues with their R3's.

Jakeb34, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Alienware Aurora R8

1. Alienware Aurora R8 - Similar Threads - Alienware Aurora

2. How to properly install a new ssd into an alienware aurora R7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to properly install a new ssd into an alienware aurora R7: My first attempt at this rendered my PC unusable. I had coloned my drives to the new 980evo ssd and replaced it with the octane drive m.2.In Bios the new SSD was recognized but I wasn't able to boot the PC past advanced boot. Is there a way to do this? Am I missing something...
  3. How to properly install a new ssd into an alienware aurora R7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to properly install a new ssd into an alienware aurora R7: My first attempt at this rendered my PC unusable. I had coloned my drives to the new 980evo ssd and replaced it with the octane drive m.2.In Bios the new SSD was recognized but I wasn't able to boot the PC past advanced boot. Is there a way to do this? Am I missing something...
  4. Alienware Dell Aurora R13 Wifi 6ghz band Not visible on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alienware Dell Aurora R13 Wifi 6ghz band Not visible on windows 11: I have seen several different unresolved posts regarding the 6ghz band not being visible in the wifi list. The only "solution" I've seen is dell probably disabled the 6ghz band.Yes, everything is 6e capable. the wifi card/chipset. The router. I have verified my network via my...
  5. Alienware Dell Aurora R13 Wifi 6ghz band Not visible on windows 11

Alienware Dell Aurora R13 Wifi 6ghz band Not visible on windows 11: I have seen several different unresolved posts regarding the 6ghz band not being visible in the wifi list. The only "solution" I've seen is dell probably disabled the 6ghz band.Yes, everything is 6e capable. the wifi card/chipset. The router. I have verified my network via my...
  6. WiFi 6Ghz band not seen by Alienware Aurora 13 with Killer Wi-Fi 6E 1675x

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi 6Ghz band not seen by Alienware Aurora 13 with Killer Wi-Fi 6E 1675x: I recently bought a Netgear NightHawk RAXE500 to utilize the 6E capability of my Killer WiFi 6E AX1675x card. But for some reason I don't see the SSID for the 6Ghz band on the router. I assume my computer is capable and I know my router is but haven't been able to figure it...
  7. WiFi 6Ghz band not seen by Alienware Aurora 13 with Killer Wi-Fi 6E 1675x

WiFi 6Ghz band not seen by Alienware Aurora 13 with Killer Wi-Fi 6E 1675x: I recently bought a Netgear NightHawk RAXE500 to utilize the 6E capability of my Killer WiFi 6E AX1675x card. But for some reason I don't see the SSID for the 6Ghz band on the router. I assume my computer is capable and I know my router is but haven't been able to figure it...
  8. 2009 Alienware Aurora, just went from Win 7 to Win10, Fans continuously restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2009 Alienware Aurora, just went from Win 7 to Win10, Fans continuously restarting: So as the title says I went through the arduous process of getting Win10 on this ancient PC. One of the things about these old Alienwares is the antiquated and elaborate fan setup they have. When you initially turn on the PC you can hear what sounds like a jet breaking the...
  9. 2009 Alienware Aurora, just went from Win 7 to Win10, Fans continuously restarting

2009 Alienware Aurora, just went from Win 7 to Win10, Fans continuously restarting: So as the title says I went through the arduous process of getting Win10 on this ancient PC. One of the things about these old Alienwares is the antiquated and elaborate fan setup they have. When you initially turn on the PC you can hear what sounds like a jet breaking the...
  10. 2009 Alienware Aurora, just went from Win 7 to Win10, Fans continuously restarting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware