Windows 10: Alienware (Dell) BIOS update

Discus and support Alienware (Dell) BIOS update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Denis @Try3 I have started a thread here to try to better explain and not clog up Site Bugs. Site Bugs and Suggestions [4] Normally, since I've had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by f14tomcat, Aug 13, 2020.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Alienware (Dell) BIOS update

Denis @Try3

I have started a thread here to try to better explain and not clog up Site Bugs.

Site Bugs and Suggestions [4]

Normally, since I've had this machine, about 3 1/2 years, BIOS updates are shown to me as part of the Alienware Update app or if I go to Dell Support and put in my Support number. I then download the .exe shown for the update, just like any other Dell update. When I run the executable, it does a restart and as you say goes thru a very verbose update process, all steps being display in the BIOS update screen. Then normal restart and all comes up normal.

That is the normal way I have been doing it for years. This time, when I did a check for updates, the WHQL BIOS (firmware) had already been installed by WU (not me) and was waiting for a restart. I had few choices. I did the restart. It started the BIOS update process but the verbose messaging was not there, just the message "Updating system files" or something like that. It did the update, did a restart and all came up normally.

What I am trying to explain is this update thru WU from BIOS version 1.0.22 to version 1.0.23 went thru perfectly from all I can see: (Your batch file)

Alienware (Dell) BIOS update [​IMG]

From BIOS:

System Information:

From Device Manager:

This is normal for me, it takes a while to get the info updated here. Couple of weeks it will say 1.0.23.

What's real is your .bat, the BIOS pic, and System Info.

Now to the question. I saw all the links you provided. I've been to all of them before. When I go to Dell Support, enter my Service Tag Number, scroll down the Drivers section, I get this as the most current.

Obviously not so. And I cannot find any reference anywhere on the 'net to version 1.0.23.

That is why I asked @firebird if he had any other info since it appeared he had access to info I do not:

:)

f14tomcat, Aug 13, 2020
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Denis @Try3

I have started a thread here to try to better explain and not clog up Site Bugs.

Normally, since I've had this machine, about 3 1/2 years, BIOS updates are shown to me as part of the Alienware Update app or if I go to Dell Support and put in my Support number. I then download the .exe shown for the update, just like any other Dell update. When I run the executable, it does a restart and as you say goes thru a very verbose update process, all steps being display in the BIOS update screen. Then normal restart and all comes up normal.

That is the normal way I have been doing it for years. This time, when I did a check for updates, the WHQL BIOS (firmware) had already been installed by WU (not me) and was waiting for a restart. I had few choices. I did the restart. It started the BIOS update process but the verbose messaging was not there, just the message "Updating system files" or something like that. It did the update, did a restart and all came up normally.

What I am trying to explain is this update thru WU from BIOS version 1.0.22 to version 1.0.23 went thru perfectly from all I can see: (Your batch file)

From BIOS:

System Information:

From Device Manager:

This is normal for me, it takes a while to get the info updated here. Couple of weeks it will say 1.0.23.

What's real is your .bat, the BIOS pic, and System Info.

Now to the question. I saw all the links you provided. I've been to all of them before. When I go to Dell Support, enter my Service Tag Number, scroll down the Drivers section, I get this as the most current.

Obviously not so. And I cannot find any reference anywhere on the 'net to version 1.0.23.

That is why I asked @firebird if he had any other info since it appeared he had access to info I do not:

f14tomcat, Sep 5, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Alienware (Dell) BIOS update

How to update Dell Alienware BIOS without battery?

I tried to update the BIOS for my Alienware M17xR4 but it doesn't work due to my battery being dead (6yo battery).

The flash tool dell provides is called InsydeFlash, I tried to temper the parameters.ini to remove the AC verification but it doesn't work (the software always create a new version of the parameters.ini when you start it), I even tried to put the parameters.ini in Read only, but then, InsydeFlash doesn't open at all.

I tried commands like /forceit /writeromfile /writehdrfile etc... nothing worked so far, the only think I didn't try was installing the BIOS via flashdrive, but then, I can't extract the BIOS from Dell's InsydeFlash tool.

This is the driver page (Version A15): https://www.dell.com/support/home/br/pt/...?driverid=wy72t

Mine is still at A11, I am trying to update the BIOS in order to solver a GPU problem, it's status is Faulty on windows drivers, but when I run ePSA Built-in Diagnostics from Dell, every test on the Video card is normal.

How should I proceed? I can't update the BIOS at all and I am not willing to afford another battery.

Thank you all in advance.

Bruno Tacca, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Alienware (Dell) BIOS update - Similar Threads - Alienware Dell BIOS

2. DELL BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DELL BIOS: I can’t access to bios of my DELL laptop. If I press the button during the restart I go to a weird BIOS, not the classic one. Maybe it's a DELL bios, but I can't do what I must do from this bios. https://imgur.com/a/3t1NU7p submitted by /u/brainsolf [link] [comments]...
  3. Dell Alienware Laptop having a Identity Crisis

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell Alienware Laptop having a Identity Crisis: Jellybean thinks its a windows enterprise. Windows states that it is version 1903 0s build 18362.535 So in belarc it shows a e on the end of my windows key the format that is xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxe But it does not show it like that in the window "About" it shows it as...
  4. DELL & BIOS update - should I update BIOS?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DELL & BIOS update - should I update BIOS?: Hello, I have a Dell desktop XPS 8900, running the latest version (1903) of Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit . My new monitor is not detecting my display port cable, so I am using DVI. (The old monitor from 2007 didn't have a DP option.) I decided to check and see if I needed new...
  5. BIOS Dell

BIOS Dell: [IMG]And this is a full screen[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-dell/6024b2e5-3f2e-4afc-8093-e283380b6dc2
  6. Alienware X51 R1 not booting / can’t update bios

Alienware X51 R1 not booting / can’t update bios: I upgraded from the stock gtx 555 to the 1050ti, upon booting it displays the alienware splash screen and has a small window to enter key strokes for boot loder /setup but wont actually enter them or continue to load windows. it gives a single beep at a regular ~15sec...
  7. Dell BIOS update error 0x00000406

Dell BIOS update error 0x00000406: I just purchased a used Dell Latitude E6400 on eBay. It came without a hard drive, so I put in a brand new hard drive. The laptop had a valid Windows 7 Home Premium license, so I installed it and validated it using the product key located on the COA. Then I upgraded from...
  8. Dell Alienware 13. Disable touchpad

Dell Alienware 13. Disable touchpad: Hi guys, Have been looking for this for quite a while. Alienware Club - Dell Community was not very helpful. I'm looking now for a device to disable to disable touchpad on my alienware 13. I've opened Device Manager, but haven't found anything that could disable my...
  9. Dell BIOS Update - Should I ?

Dell BIOS Update - Should I ?: Windows 10 on a Dell XPS8900 desktop tower. I am getting a message telling me there is a Dell BIOS update available and recommending that I do it. In the systray, there is a Dell icon that says my system is up to date. Should I ignore the BIOS update? Sounds major and...
  10. Dell Bios Update for Sceptre Slower Login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell Bios Update for Sceptre Slower Login: A few days ago Dell released a new BIOS for my 4 year old Dell Inspiron 7537 laptop. The BIOS installed OK and the various Spectre checking utilities now show the PC is not vulnerable. However, it now takes a few extra seconds for the Windows login screen to appear when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. alienware r4 17 bios settings