Windows 10: Alienware Desktop Can't Connect to 5G-Band (wired or wifi)

Discus and support Alienware Desktop Can't Connect to 5G-Band (wired or wifi) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My brother's computer is an alienware aurora r5 desktop from dell, service tag 486HMD2, running windows 10 home on latest updates last time I made a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrokenDaily, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Alienware Desktop Can't Connect to 5G-Band (wired or wifi)

My brother's computer is an alienware aurora r5 desktop from dell, service tag 486HMD2, running windows 10 home on latest updates

last time I made a topic in the hardware section about needing some new wifi cards for my father's computer and his computer, mainly because my father's wifi card isn't rated to connect to the 5G-Band on our fiber optic internet box, and my brother's computer just won't connect to the 5G-Band at all (wifi or ethernet). Now we managed to get CAT6 Ethernet cables connected to the fiber optic box and to our (me and my brother's) computers and its working fine for me, says im on the 5G-Band, and I thought his killer networking ethernet thing would connect to the 5G-Band just as good, but for some reason (yes the drivers on his computer are indeed updated, no worries there), his ethernet connection is only allowing him connection to the standard 2.4G connection

Now I ran muyltiple dism and sfc scans on his computer, no corruptions, ran a chkdsk /scan /r /f on his computer (running a samsung 970 500 GB nvme ssd for his OS drive), and everytime after the fact and I try to connect him to the 5G again, nothing doin for it.

I can't find the name of the brand that our fiber optic internet box is associated with, but I got the model and serial numbers if that'd help (Model #:844GE-1, S/N: 421908061507). If there's any setting I need to tinker with on this fiber box or his computer, ill do so after making needed backups of settings and the like

:)

BrokenDaily, Jan 18, 2020

2. My 5g band could not be detected on Windows 10.

Old Title: Windows 10

Since the upgrade, i can only connect to my 2.4g wifi band. My 5g band could not be detected.

Any suggestions to connect to the 5g band?

This is my system:

Dell Inspiron 14z

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230

Driver version: 15.16.0.2

Thanks, Diana

DianaOfdyn, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Cannot connect to 5g

Hi I'm Peter an independent advisor, if your trying to connect to 5g then you've got a router and network adapter that supports 5g (ie a virgin media router)? Qualcomm is your wireless network card....realtek is your ethernet adapter (physical network
    port) for wired networks. If you want to connect to 5g open your wireless network available list and you should see the same SSID as 2g and one as 5g...just click on the 5g one.

PeterFlynn4, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Alienware Desktop Can't Connect to 5G-Band (wired or wifi)

Laptop only connects to 5g not regular WIFI

My computer will only connect to 5g wifi not any other wifi. It shows the other wifi connections but will not connect. I know it is not the modem because other laptops will connect to the non 5g wifi and works fine. When I connect to 5g it works but frequently
    disconnects and reconnects. This is not a huge problem at home since I have 5g but I got the Lenovo Yoga to use for work and we do not have 5g wifi there.

MarissaPeralta, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Alienware Desktop Can't Connect to 5G-Band (wired or wifi)

1. Alienware Desktop Can't Connect to 5G-Band (wired or wifi) - Similar Threads - Alienware Desktop Can't

2. Can't connect to 5g network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to 5g network: I've had this problem before that whenever I try to connect to the 5G network in my home I get the message "Can't connect to this network", but the 2G network works just fine. Previously, this problem has misteriously sorted itself out, but this time it seems like it won't....
  3. Can't connect to 5g network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to 5g network: I've had this problem before that whenever I try to connect to the 5G network in my home I get the message "Can't connect to this network", but the 2G network works just fine. Previously, this problem has misteriously sorted itself out, but this time it seems like it won't....
  4. Can't connect to 5g network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band: Hi,I am using a TP-Link network adapter which supports 5Ghz band for my PC. Previously I didnt have issues with connecting to the 5Ghz band. But now, I am only able to connect to 2.5Ghz band but when I try to connect to 5Ghz band, I am getting "Unable to Connect to this...
  6. Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band: Hi,I am using a TP-Link network adapter which supports 5Ghz band for my PC. Previously I didnt have issues with connecting to the 5Ghz band. But now, I am only able to connect to 2.5Ghz band but when I try to connect to 5Ghz band, I am getting "Unable to Connect to this...
  7. Can't connect to network - only 5G WiFi doesn't work

Can't connect to network - only 5G WiFi doesn't work: Hello,I have recently switched from Pop os to Windows 10, and I am unable to connect to the 5G network. The normal 2.4 GHz wifi does work, and 5G wifi did work when I was using Pop os. I have updated my drivers, updated windows and also checked my laptop's wifi card for...
  8. Can't Boot to USB with Alienware Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Boot to USB with Alienware Desktop: My brother's computer is an alienware aurora r5 desktop from dell, pre-configured, windows 10 version 1903 build # 18362.449, with the only additions/changes being a new 500 GB Samsung 970 Evo SSD (for whatever OS updates, programs that can't be installed on other HDD's, the...
  9. Can't Boot to USB with Alienware Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Boot to USB with Alienware Desktop: My brother's computer is an alienware aurora r5 desktop from dell, pre-configured, windows 10 version 1903 build # 18362.449, with the only additions/changes being a new 500 GB Samsung 970 Evo SSD (for whatever OS updates, programs that can't be installed on other HDD's, the...
  10. Can't connect desktop to wifi

Can't connect desktop to wifi: Moved house. Previously connected to internet by ethernet cable. Now want to connect to internet through wifi. CAn't work out how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/cant-connect-desktop-to-wifi/c55b1e9b-d5a5-453e-a582-d64657f44107