Windows 10: Alienware desktop won‘t turn on after being forced to shutdown

Discus and support Alienware desktop won‘t turn on after being forced to shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I went out to run my desktop all day after turning it on in the morning. When I came back at night, I found that the screen seemed to be stuck. Neither... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SibylShusr, Feb 25, 2022.

1. Alienware desktop won‘t turn on after being forced to shutdown

I went out to run my desktop all day after turning it on in the morning. When I came back at night, I found that the screen seemed to be stuck. Neither wired mouse nor the wired keyboard worked tested with other mouse and keyboard, but I could adjust the brightness of the monitor. After reinserting the mouse unsuccessfully, I chose force shutdown, and then the picture below appeared. After waiting for a period of time, the system began to update, but it was stuck for ten minutes when the progress reached 100% the points on the circle did not move, so I had no choice but to force shut

:)

SibylShusr, Feb 25, 2022
  2. Catper Win User

ShutDown button in desktop (Win-10)

yeah it works but i have another problem with this combination.

Shutdown/Restart shortcut force windows to shutdown without letting other apps to save their data, that is a bit nuisance.

for eg:

Utorrent is force closed and when i start the pc, it re-calculate all the toorents in the list even those that are already downloaded and currently in seeding state. It happens when utorrent is not closed properly.

So is there any way to NORMALLY shutdown/restart/loggoff/lock windows pc?

Catper, Feb 25, 2022
  3. Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Feb 25, 2022
  4. Ztruker Win User

Alienware desktop won‘t turn on after being forced to shutdown

How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ?

Create a shortcut on the desktop that has this in it:

shutdown /f /r /t 0

/f = Force running applications to close without forewarning users.
    /r = Full shutdown and restart the computer.
    /t 0 = Set the time-out period before shutdown to 0 seconds (immediate restart).

Enter shutdown /? from a Command Prompt for the full list of options.

I think you're better off to wait a bit and let the programs and services close on their own, If they don't after 30 seconds or so then force them closed.

Ztruker, Feb 25, 2022
Thema:

Alienware desktop won‘t turn on after being forced to shutdown

1. Alienware desktop won‘t turn on after being forced to shutdown - Similar Threads - Alienware desktop won‘t

2. Laptop lag after force shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop lag after force shutdown: Basically while i was playing a game i had to force shutdown the game since it froze, after trying to open my laptop again its way to laggy, i also notice it since the browser rakes way too long to load and some games including Valorant, Minecraft, etc. gets to 1fps then...
  3. Problem login after force shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem login after force shutdown: Split from this thread. HI thereYes to all of that. It just won’t have none of it and gives me no options as it won’t go any further https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-login-after-force-shutdown/81a4f8b3-841d-418b-a39d-784c9e1a7a09
  4. Alienware desktop won‘t turn on after being forced to shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alienware desktop won‘t turn on after being forced to shutdown: I went out to run my desktop all day after turning it on in the morning. When I came back at night, I found that the screen seemed to be stuck. Neither wired mouse nor the wired keyboard worked tested with other mouse and keyboard, but I could adjust the brightness of the...
  5. Alienware desktop won‘t turn on after being forced to shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alienware desktop won‘t turn on after being forced to shutdown: I went out to run my desktop all day after turning it on in the morning. When I came back at night, I found that the screen seemed to be stuck. Neither wired mouse nor the wired keyboard worked tested with other mouse and keyboard, but I could adjust the brightness of the...
  6. Bsod after forced shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod after forced shutdown: So I had to force shutdown my pc 2 days ago and when I turned it on again it was running fine, I ran sfc scannow which found and fixed corruption and ran it again and it said there were no corruptions but today it just blue screened on me out of nowhere. Why did it do this if...
  7. Pc won't turn on after force shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc won't turn on after force shutdown: Long story short my pc got turned off by pulling the wire out 50+ times for the past 4 months. Today when the force shutdown by pulling the wire out happened pc doesn't turn on. No reaction to me pressing the power button. Also some days it can get pulled out even 10 times...
  8. Alienware Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Alienware Desktop: I have an Alienware Desktop I bought about 5 years ago and never used. Now have a 9 year old and he'd like to enter the gaming world with it, however even though I have it connected directly to my network via ethernet connection because it will not access my network using...
  9. Desktop PC wont start after forced shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop PC wont start after forced shutdown: Hi guys I need some help. I tried to reset my PC Windows 10 using the reset button in settings but after the PC did its thing and restarted I was just left looking at a black screen for about half an hour. I tried a short press of the power button to let it shut down but...
  10. Force shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Force shutdown: Hello Eversince I've been using Windows 10 I have been struggling with many bugs and blue screens. Ok well I'm used to it now. But the thing is, when the computer is stuck, I'm unable to force shutdown and force restart it. I need to wait for the battery to be depleted....