Windows 10: AlienWare labtop will only boot into safe mode

Discus and support AlienWare labtop will only boot into safe mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey so basically I have an Alienware labtop and I was using it two days ago and I shut it down, if I remember correctly it updated, then it tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JohnBurnside, Oct 11, 2019.

1. AlienWare labtop will only boot into safe mode

Hey so basically I have an Alienware labtop and I was using it two days ago and I shut it down, if I remember correctly it updated, then it tried to reboot or something and an error popped up. Didn't think much about, the next day I turn it on the same error pops up and it boots into safe mode. I tried to continue to windows but then it showed the same error and booted back into safe mode. The error was Stop Code: critical process died. I tried watching some YouTube tutorials on it and nothing worked. Any help please?

:)

JohnBurnside, Oct 11, 2019

2. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Oct 11, 2019
  4. AlienWare labtop will only boot into safe mode

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps. 

If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen:

Step 1: Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, Display Port to VGA, or any other combination.
    Step 2: Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking
    or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work).
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    How to boot into Safe mode.

Run your computer in Safe mode and see if you still get that error message. If you are not getting that error message in safe mode then perform clean boot on your computer using the steps provided below. If you
    don't get that error message in safe mode then it means that some third party application is causing the problem.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the
      F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    • Select an option Safe mode with Networking using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the
      Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe mode with Networking and then press
      ENTER.

I would suggest you to force shutdown your system and then try to restart it again and check if you are able to login to safe boot.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.  

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

AlienWare labtop will only boot into safe mode

1. AlienWare labtop will only boot into safe mode - Similar Threads - AlienWare labtop boot

2. Laptop only boots up in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop only boots up in safe mode: When I first got my laptop Samsung Odyssey z from my uncle, it worked completely fine, running on windows 11 education. However, a couple days later after coming home, it failed to boot, showing the loading screen and then the screen turned off with the power button led still...
  3. Laptop only boots up in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop only boots up in safe mode: When I first got my laptop Samsung Odyssey z from my uncle, it worked completely fine, running on windows 11 education. However, a couple days later after coming home, it failed to boot, showing the loading screen and then the screen turned off with the power button led still...
  4. Laptop only boots up in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 boots only in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 boots only in safe mode: I recently updated my laptop (HP ProBook 6470b) to windows 10. All went well , and I started to install the windows updates (just as everyone does) around a minute or so , the screen goes black. I can see the cursor , but nothing else. The windows also played some sounds. I...
  6. AlienWare laptop will only boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    AlienWare laptop will only boot into safe mode: Hey so basically I have an Alienware labtop and I was using it two days ago and I shut it down, if I remember correctly it updated, then it tried to reboot or something and an error popped up. Didn't think much about, the next day I turn it on the same error pops up and it...
  7. Windows 10- Can only boot in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10- Can only boot in Safe Mode: PC working fine this morning, tried it after lunch (about an hour ago), and it boots to a blue screen that says it encountered a problem with startup and will reboot. After 2 tries, it finally comes up in a screen where I can try advanced options; Things I've tried from...
  8. alienware will not accept password or get online and will not boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    alienware will not accept password or get online and will not boot into safe mode: My alien used to work fine with a PIN and now is requiring a password. However it is not getting online to validate the password so it sits and spins for 10 mins only to go back to the same screen. I can't get into safe mode either. I have tried <shift-leftclick-restart>...
  9. PC will only boot into Safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC will only boot into Safe mode: Hello, My PC has been stable for several months, since I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. On Friday something changed (not triggered by any user action) and the PC is now no longer able to boot successfully. The boot cycle now goes BIOS->Blue Windows logo with spinning...
  10. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...: Good Evening, I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were...