Windows 10: Alienware M15 constantly fan runs on high

Discus and support Alienware M15 constantly fan runs on high in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm having a problem with my Alienware laptop where the fan is constantly running near top speed. I've checked the Task Manager, and this happens even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by tollbooth, Sep 7, 2020.

1. tollbooth Win User

Alienware M15 constantly fan runs on high

I'm having a problem with my Alienware laptop where the fan is constantly running near top speed. I've checked the Task Manager, and this happens even when my machine is using less than 10% of the CPU. I've tried contacting Dell tech support, but they were completely unhelpful. I have never manually set any fan curves.

I am running Win 10 v. 1903 build 18362.1016.

:)

tollbooth, Sep 7, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

i'm planing on upgrading my pre built alienware m15

Hi XxG3TR3KTxX591

You can use either 16GB DDR4-3200 SODIMM or 16GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM, here is the Crucial page for that RAM, but there are many, many other manufacturers:

https://eu.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/a...

The graphics on that laptop is not upgradable, it is soldered to the motherboard, the only option (other than to buy a new laptop) is to grab the Alienware Graphics Amplifier and buy a desktop GPU for it

https://www.dell.com/community/Alienware/m15-R1...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

DaveM121, Sep 7, 2020
  3. CPU Fan runs constantly

Hi,

We would like to know the following information to assist you better regarding CPU fan issue.

• Does the fan runs constantly fast or do you hear any noise?
    • Have you tried updating all the drivers of your computer?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?
    • What is the memory/disk usage in task manager?

You may check this by typing Task Manager in the search box
      and hit Enter. Check which application
      is taking more memory or disk usage.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Alienware M15 constantly fan runs on high

Fan runs constantly

Hi,

The fan in the laptop is constantly running to cool down the cpu and it is normal for it to increase it's speed, your fan should run quietly even it increases the rpm. But if you hear a loud noise in the fan, there may the issue with CPU utilization which
    increases the temperature in the system.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Alienware M15 constantly fan runs on high

1. Alienware M15 constantly fan runs on high - Similar Threads - Alienware M15 constantly

2. touchpad not working on alienware m15 r5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad not working on alienware m15 r5: This device is not present, is not working properly or does not have all its drivers installed. Code 24 it states in device manager, i cant find any drivers for my laptop and this problem was here ever since i got it, sometimes touchpad might work but most of the time it...
  3. touchpad not working on alienware m15 r5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad not working on alienware m15 r5: This device is not present, is not working properly or does not have all its drivers installed. Code 24 it states in device manager, i cant find any drivers for my laptop and this problem was here ever since i got it, sometimes touchpad might work but most of the time it...
  4. Laptop Fan Running Constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Fan Running Constantly: In recent days, my laptop fan is continuously running at full speed. Please help. Here is my task manager screenshot.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-fan-running-constantly/08918749-c57d-4e84-91da-6ece658fe4dc
  5. New computer Fan runs constantly

in Windows 10 Support
    New computer Fan runs constantly: Hi, I have a new Dell Alienware M15 R3 (Win 10 ver 1909) and the fan is on all the time even when the lid is closed. There is a process that is always running called NahimicService. When I boot up and before NahimicService starts the fan is quite. As soon as it starts up the...
  6. Fan - does laptop fan run constantly?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fan - does laptop fan run constantly?: Hello does laptop fan run constantly? I have a lenovo legion laptap Its fanes do not work constantly It s normal? Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan/75d39abf-96db-4a01-9ed9-cdace9c425aa
  7. dolby audio driver for a alienware m15 laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dolby audio driver for a alienware m15 laptop: please give me a download link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dolby-audio-driver-for-a-alienware-m15-laptop/d74cdf10-1fe4-41ed-8062-261483981ca3
  8. Fan constantly running w/windows10

Fan constantly running w/windows10: My fan is constantly running on my Dell Inspiron laptop, using windiws 10. CPU is running <2% . Laptop doesn't seem to be running hot. I have powered down, unplugged battery and let rest for an hour. No improvement. Any help is appreciated....
  9. surface pro fan constantly running

surface pro fan constantly running: My surface pro fan is constantly running even when no programs are open. only when I unplug it and it goes to power saver mode suddenly the fan shuts up. Does anyone know how I can manually put my surface into power savor mode when plugged in? my windows is updated and in...
  10. Surface fan constantly running

Surface fan constantly running: my surface fan is constantly running and nothing can stop it even when all apps are closed and nothing is running but the antivirus app. only one thing turns off fan and its BATTERY SAVER mode. anyone knows how I can activate that when plugged in or what does battery saver do...