Windows 10: Alienware

Discus and support Alienware in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Second time doing this as it froze while I was entering last message. Stock Alienware had freezing and bsod randomly (during gaming or while idle). Did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by howardis, Dec 14, 2019.

1. howardis Win User

Alienware

Second time doing this as it froze while I was entering last message.
    Stock Alienware had freezing and bsod randomly (during gaming or while idle). Did a reset. Still happened. Did a win10 fresh start, still happened. Reseated the memory and ran full hw diagnostics, still happened. Did a new install from USB, still happening but finally got a dump file. hal.dll error 0x00000133

On the first couple attempts I updated all drivers to latest I could find. This time I let windows update do its things so I notice graphics driver is a few old, but happened when they were latest as well.

Attaching diagnostic file, really hope there is something seen, as I'm not sure what else to do.
    win10 version 1909 build 18363.535

Serious thanks for any who can help.

:)

howardis, Dec 14, 2019
  2. TIGR Win User

Micro Center Alienware Case

It's definitely a step too close for me. *Laugh :laugh:

I'm not too impressed with the design.

3. Micro Center Alienware Case

Isn't owning Alienware stuff being one step away from owning a Mac? *Laugh :laugh:

DonInKansas, Dec 14, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Alienware

Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Alienware

1. Alienware - Similar Threads - Alienware

2. Windows 10 Alienware 17 - external LG blu-ray - windows does not recognize the drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Alienware 17 - external LG blu-ray - windows does not recognize the drive.: Windows does not recognize the drive. Has never worked. Drive works on other devices, just not with Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-alienware-17-external-lg-blu-ray/d2d56bc9-5044-4e07-8288-c7d690369e3a
  3. Alienware Desktop Can't Connect to 5G-Band (wired or wifi)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Alienware Desktop Can't Connect to 5G-Band (wired or wifi): My brother's computer is an alienware aurora r5 desktop from dell, service tag 486HMD2, running windows 10 home on latest updates last time I made a topic in the hardware section about needing some new wifi cards for my father's computer and his computer, mainly because my...
  4. Alienware Concept UFO is Nintendo Switch with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Alienware Concept UFO is Nintendo Switch with Windows 10: Along with foldable and dual-screen Windows PCs, Dell also showed off the Alienware Concept UFO at CES 2020, which combines the idea of Nintendo Switch with portable gaming PC. Alienware Concept UFO, which is a Nintendo Switch-like portable gaming PC, runs Windows 10 and it...
  5. CES 2020: New Dell smaller thinner XPS 13 and Alienware gaming monitor

in Windows 10 News
    CES 2020: New Dell smaller thinner XPS 13 and Alienware gaming monitor: At CES, Dell introduced a new XPS aimed at helping you innovate, collaborate and accomplish more in the next decade, as well as the new Alienware 25 Gaming Monitor. [img] Dell XPS 13 9300 (Model 9300) With the new XPS 13, Dell showed off a smaller and thinner form factor...
  6. Alienware Aurora R7 gets red boxed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alienware Aurora R7 gets red boxed: How do I fix the red box “Secure Boot Violation”?? This computer has been running fine until I updated to Windows 10. Anyone can help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alienware-aurora-r7-gets-red-boxed/b1cfa150-c6b7-4a89-b364-fa146bd83b46
  7. unable to join any wireless WiFi on Alienware 17 R5 laptop running win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    unable to join any wireless WiFi on Alienware 17 R5 laptop running win10: I’ve been having a couple problems with my computer including constant booting errors and now this. For the booting errors, it basically just takes forever to boot and I end up having to reboot my laptop until it goes into automatic repair mode, but now this has happened. The...
  8. Alienware 15 r3 won't boot/Updated to Windows 1903

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alienware 15 r3 won't boot/Updated to Windows 1903: So... I bought Red Dead Redemption 2 from Epic the day after the release. I had problems, as did everyone... I am not too familiar with this computer "behind the scenes", I use it mostly for school. I tried everything. Bios, drivers and all. Finally against my better...
  9. Can't Boot to USB with Alienware Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Boot to USB with Alienware Desktop: My brother's computer is an alienware aurora r5 desktop from dell, pre-configured, windows 10 version 1903 build # 18362.449, with the only additions/changes being a new 500 GB Samsung 970 Evo SSD (for whatever OS updates, programs that can't be installed on other HDD's, the...
  10. Can't Boot to USB with Alienware Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Boot to USB with Alienware Desktop: My brother's computer is an alienware aurora r5 desktop from dell, pre-configured, windows 10 version 1903 build # 18362.449, with the only additions/changes being a new 500 GB Samsung 970 Evo SSD (for whatever OS updates, programs that can't be installed on other HDD's, the...