Windows 10: Align custom resolution to left

Discus and support Align custom resolution to left in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a laptop with a damaged screen, there is a black vertical bar on the right side of the screen covering around 1/5 of the display. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by josh myers2, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Align custom resolution to left

I have a laptop with a damaged screen, there is a black vertical bar on the right side of the screen covering around 1/5 of the display. I have tried making a custom resolution to compensate for the dead section of my display but the custom resolution is aligned to centre. Can I adjust this so a custom resolution is aligned to the left hand side of the screen?

:)

josh myers2, Feb 6, 2023
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Alignment Off

Hi,

The reason why your screen is not aligned with your computer is that of the resolution of your computer. For us to assist you, we suggest that you check the resolution that's set on your Windows 10 computer. Here's a simple guide on how to do it:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • Select Display at the left side of the screen.
    • Press on Advanced display settings.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you download the latest display driver from the manufacturer's website that's compatible with Windows 10.

Kindly give us an update with the result and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Paolo Mag, Feb 6, 2023
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Text aligned right instead of left in Messaging and People app

Hi,

One possible cause why your messaging and Peoples app text is aligned to the right instead of left due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Does this happen with People app only or with other apps also?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Feb 6, 2023
  4. Align custom resolution to left

My Desktop Icons shift to the left edge on a weekly basis

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to get more information regarding the issue that you re facing.

Does that mean that you customize the icons on the desktop and it will auto arrange to the left side of the desktop?

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to uncheck the option
    Align icons to the Grid
    option. To do so,

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on View.
    • Uncheck Align icons to the Grid option.
    Hope the information helps if the issue still persists, reply with the more information regarding the issue that you are facing. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 6, 2023
Thema:

Align custom resolution to left

1. Align custom resolution to left - Similar Threads - Align custom resolution

2. Custom resolution utility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom resolution utility: Hi,i used custom resolution utility to set my custom resolution. But when i set it, any app that i open goes over scaling, like they goes out of the screen. Im using Nitro 5, 17' with nvidia rtc 3060 Also theres no display settings in my nvidia graphic setting. Sending...
  3. Align custom resolution to left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Align custom resolution to left: I have a laptop with a damaged screen, there is a black vertical bar on the right side of the screen covering around 1/5 of the display. I have tried making a custom resolution to compensate for the dead section of my display but the custom resolution is aligned to centre....
  4. Custom Resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Custom Resolution: Ok so I have an Dell laptop having Intel UHD 620 and radeon 2gb 520m graphicsI wanna set a custom resolution on the internal display such tht it goes to native resolution and make things smaller like rn i am on 1366 x 768 and i wanna go to 1920 x 1080 such tht it displays...
  5. Custom Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Resolution: Ok so I have an Dell laptop having Intel UHD 620 and radeon 2gb 520m graphicsI wanna set a custom resolution on the internal display such tht it goes to native resolution and make things smaller like rn i am on 1366 x 768 and i wanna go to 1920 x 1080 such tht it displays...
  6. Custom Resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Customize Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize Resolution: How do I customize my screen resolution - beyond the recommended showing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-resolution/3afa1e35-6695-48e0-8fac-78659cae5dba
  8. How to centre align few icons and few left align on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to centre align few icons and few left align on taskbar?: I was just wondering if there is any way to move few icons to left and few to centre. And not by creating a folder and adding it into new taskbar. [ATTACH]...
  9. Custom resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Custom resolution: I just upgraded to Win10 and the resolution does not fit. I have a 1440x900 monitor and none of the resolution options fit. None of them say recommended or anything. Is there a way to set a custom resolution? 46087
  10. Resolution for "Align Icons to Grid"

in Windows 10 Support
    Resolution for "Align Icons to Grid": I use "Align Icons to Grid" to line up icons on my Desktop. However, I find the resolution of the grid is too coarse. How can I reduce the icon spacing between icons for the "Align Icons to Grid" option? 34955