Windows 10: "Align to grid" always on on Windows 10

Discus and support "Align to grid" always on on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm having a very strange issue on Windows 10, just installed a week ago. I am one of those persons that has multiple desktop icons. Shortcuts to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Darkskymoon, Sep 1, 2015.

1. "Align to grid" always on on Windows 10

I'm having a very strange issue on Windows 10, just installed a week ago. I am one of those persons that has multiple desktop icons. Shortcuts to programs on the right side. Folders with current jobs on a line below, photos of baby grandson on the left and many other temporary things that I like to keep in front of my eyes. I had all that arranged on Windows 7, with small icons, by specific areas, following my own mental and probably twisted organization *Smile. But it worked for me and I loved it.
    Now, Windows 10 arrived. And suddenly all my desktop is messed up. By default, it always changes the size of icons to medium and puts them all on the left side in straight columns. Whatever I do, whenever I restart or sign out it goes back to that... on the first days I would resize the icons to small, put them all again by the order I wanted, unchecked "align to grid" and "auto arrange icons", even saved a theme with all that. No way... as soon as I sign out or restart, there they are again, of their own will aligned to the left, medium sized, messing my life because now I don't ever know where my stuff is. Everyday I check forums and internet post and they all say the same: "unckeck align to grid and auto arrange icons". So, I did... 10 times.... 20 times... this is really annoying me and I was thinking if someone has the same problem or it is just one of those things that you have to accept like a curse.

:)

Darkskymoon, Sep 1, 2015
  2. noahgebre Win User

Windows 10 keeps resetting my folder view preferences, also keeps aligning my desktop icons into grid.

Using windows 10, and loving it. except for this one little thing. it keeps resetting my preferences of how i want my folder items to be arranged. it keeps changing the view back to "list" even though i repeatedly chose the view to be a "thumbnail". and
    it also keeps auto aligning my desktop icons into a grid(even when the "align icons into grid" is not ticked). can you help me fix this?

noahgebre, Sep 1, 2015
  3. All icons on the desktop are aligned to left, though "Auto arrange" turned off. (Windows 10)

Of course I turned off "align to grid" as well as "auto arrange" but it doesnt help. I have tried all variants of align, but nothing helps. I am sure it is a bug.

North-South, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

"Align to grid" always on on Windows 10

1. "Align to grid" always on on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Align grid always

2. Windows 10 desktop is misaligned because icons not aligning to grid.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 desktop is misaligned because icons not aligning to grid.: All the icons on my Windows 10 desktop are spaced too far apart. As a result some icons are not even visible. When I right click on the desktop>view>align icons to grid. Nothing happens. It's the same with 'auto arrange icons'. Neither command seems to work. If I select small...
  3. Windows 10 desktop is misaligned because icons not aligning to grid.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 desktop is misaligned because icons not aligning to grid.: All the icons on my Windows 10 desktop are spaced too far apart. As a result some icons are not even visible. When I right click on the desktop>view>align icons to grid. Nothing happens. It's the same with 'auto arrange icons'. Neither command seems to work. If I select small...
  4. Windows 10 desktop is misaligned because icons not aligning to grid.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. alignment grid

alignment grid: I suddenly have a grid on my desktop. It's 9 rectangles and says it's an alignment grid. How do I get rid of this? I have no idea what brought it up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alignment-grid/dacf4cde-40a0-41cb-bcad-b447e37702c5
  6. Align to Grid Disabled, but desktop icons STILL snapping to a grid after Windows 10 update

Align to Grid Disabled, but desktop icons STILL snapping to a grid after Windows 10 update: Hi! I have Windows 10 and it just did an update againt my wishes, if I can permanetly disable that I would!. The update was about 20 minutes and when it was finished, all appeared normal until I saved a file to my desktop and realized that all my icons were repositioned....
  7. Alignment grid

Alignment grid: I really need to get rid of the alignment grid. It is driving me crazy, and I don't know how it turned on! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/alignment-grid/bd77425b-f130-4288-9e60-6c91462890ae
  8. "align to Grid" grid Size What is the grids size and how can I draw it

"align to Grid" grid Size What is the grids size and how can I draw it: *cry*Confused*Confused*Confused*Confused*Confused What I want to do: Create a desktop backround of gridlines that are synced to the "align to Grid"grid. What I'm going for: I am trying to create visual vertical and horizontal lines of Microsofts invisible "Align to...
  9. Turn On or Off Align Desktop Icons to Grid in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Align Desktop Icons to Grid in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Align Desktop Icons to Grid in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Align Desktop Icons to Grid in Windows 10 [img] Information The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an...
  10. Resolution for "Align Icons to Grid"

in Windows 10 Support
    Resolution for "Align Icons to Grid": I use "Align Icons to Grid" to line up icons on my Desktop. However, I find the resolution of the grid is too coarse. How can I reduce the icon spacing between icons for the "Align Icons to Grid" option? 34955