Windows 10: Align Windows Right Up Against Edge of Screen (like Mac OS)

Discus and support Align Windows Right Up Against Edge of Screen (like Mac OS) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Mac OS has this one feature that I like that allows me to align the edges of all apps/windows precisely along the four edges of the screen (manually).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/benjaminnyc, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Align Windows Right Up Against Edge of Screen (like Mac OS)

Mac OS has this one feature that I like that allows me to align the edges of all apps/windows precisely along the four edges of the screen (manually). It doesn't mean I want Windows to align windows to fit a certain segment of the screen like W10's "snap" feature. I just want them to "bump" the edge of the screen and stay aligned there, without being resized.

It's hard to describe, but if you use Mac OS too, you may understand. Is this possible w/W10? Every search I run offers only the W10 snap windows feature, which isn't what I'm seeking.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/benjaminnyc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/benjaminnyc, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

How to customize Windows OS like Mac OS X?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows and Mac OS X are both different OS and designed in different ways. Both the OS has their own customizing capabilities. As both the OS are designed differently, some of the Windows customization cannot be done on Mac OS X and vice versa.

As .webloc opener is a third party application, we are unsure what modifications it does on the Windows OS, I suggest you to get in touch with the .webloc opener support team to know more about the application.

A Shell-script is a file that contains sequence of commands that can be used to perform certain operations using an command line application. As Mac OS X has terminal as a command line application, Windows has Command Prompt and PowerShell that can
    be used to run scripts. To know more about how to write and run scripts, please refer the article

How to Write and Run Scripts in the Windows PowerShell ISE

Extensions and add-ons are small software modules that can be used to customize the web browser. There are a variety of extensions and add-ons that can be used to customize the interface of the browser, ad block and cookie management. You can refer
    the articles
    Extensions in Microsoft Edge
    and
    Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11
    to add and manage Extensions and add-ons in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.

Windows comes with it’s own security software known as Windows Defender. Windows Defender is an in-built application that keeps the computer protected from virus, malware, spyware, and ransomware. To know more about security on Windows please refer
    the articles
    Help protect my device with Windows Security
    and

Windows Defender Security Centre

You can use Task Manager to check for the startup items and the usage of Memory, CPU and Disk application wise. Press and hold
    Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager. To check for startup applications you can click on the Startup tab and you will find all the startup applications.

The customizations that you are currently interested in can be done as mentioned below:

To move selected items to new folder:

We can move some selected items to a compressed zip folder.

1. Select the items that you want to move.
    2. Right click on one of the item and click on
      Send to.
    3. Select Compressed zip folder and the files will be moved to compress zip folder.

Batch renaming files:

You can rename multiple files using File Explorer. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Select the files that you want to rename.
    2. Right click on any of the selected file and click on
      Rename.
    3. Type the new name for the file and hit Enter on the keyboard.

Note: All the files will be renamed following up with a number like (1), (2) and (3) etc.

Customizing Windows File Explorer to show GB/MB instead of KB:

Windows is designed in such a way that it will show the file size in KB only. Currently, we don’t have the feature to make the File Explorer to show the file size in GB/MB. However, this seems to be a good suggestion and
    I would encourage you to provide your valuable feedback in Feedback hub so that our development team can review your suggestions. To provide your feedback, please refer to the article

Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app

Better display of file paths:

You can see the path of an application by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Right click on the application for which you want to see the file path.
    2. Click on Open file location to see the file location of the application.

You can also check the folder path or application path in File Explorer. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold Windows + E to open
      File Explorer.
    2. Click on View tab.
    3. Click on Choose columns.
    4. Scroll down, select Path and click on
      OK.
    5. You will be able to see the file path in
      File Explorer.

Regarding the better previews, I would like to know what previews are you referring to?

There are certain hotkeys already defined for Windows, to know the hotkeys that are already defined please refer the article

Keyboard shortcuts in Windows
    . Also, I would like to know the hotkeys that you want to customize.

You can use Cortana to search anything on the web and use it as your digital agent. To know more about Cortana, please refer the article

What is Cortana?

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 19, 2020
  3. text alignment is messed up when combining right to left language with a left to right one

Align Windows Right Up Against Edge of Screen (like Mac OS) 3465cbce-2ed3-47ca-ac27-2f20d873dd60.jpg
    Dears,

As the subject title suggests I'm having a big problem in text alignment when combining right to left language with a left to right one.

while the flow of the over all text should be governed by the line or paragraph language like your desktop OS windows, or even mobile OS's like Android or iOS.

In my case the alignment issues I experiencing is with Arabic and English. See the attached photo to get a better understanding of the problem.

UNREAL_AHW, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Align Windows Right Up Against Edge of Screen (like Mac OS)

Text aligned right instead of left in Messaging and People app

Hi,

One possible cause why your messaging and Peoples app text is aligned to the right instead of left due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Does this happen with People app only or with other apps also?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Align Windows Right Up Against Edge of Screen (like Mac OS)

1. Align Windows Right Up Against Edge of Screen (like Mac OS) - Similar Threads - Align Right Against

2. MSN on Mac OS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSN on Mac OS: How do I upgrade my Microsoft Messenger on Mac OS? The message on my screen is telling me to contact the developer for help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/msn-on-mac-os/4efe12a9-59dd-4b2b-b13d-54e21393aacf
  3. Windows 11 on Mac OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 on Mac OS: I have an Apple Mac Pro 7,1 late 2019, running Mac OS Big Sur.Other information of potential relevance:AMD Radeon Pro W5700X MPX Module12-core 3.3GHz Intel Xeon W 3235 processor with Turbo Boost up to 4.4 GHz and 31.25MB cache48GB DDR4 ECC memory 2933MHz 6 x 8GB DIMMs802.11ac...
  4. Windows 11 on Mac OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on Mac OS: I have an Apple Mac Pro 7,1 late 2019, running Mac OS Big Sur.Other information of potential relevance:AMD Radeon Pro W5700X MPX Module12-core 3.3GHz Intel Xeon W 3235 processor with Turbo Boost up to 4.4 GHz and 31.25MB cache48GB DDR4 ECC memory 2933MHz 6 x 8GB DIMMs802.11ac...
  5. edge on Mac os Big Sur

in Browsers and Email
    edge on Mac os Big Sur: Hi all i have Edge on Mac os Big Sur and it has not been auto updating, i noticed today in my full disk access area on mac os under security& Privacy that com.microsoft.autoupdate.helper is not checked and allowed full disk access. Should this be checked i also noticed that...
  6. mac os +windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    mac os +windows 10: so i just recently downloaded windows 10 onto my mac because mac os is trash, and there's this watermark that labels, "Activate Windows Go to Settings to activate Windows." and to get rid of it i need a product key, and im using a macbook air. But the thing is i dont have a...
  7. Windows on Mac without Mac OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows on Mac without Mac OS: Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so please recommend where if not! I recently messed up when resetting my MacBook Pro mid-2012 to factory settings and now only have internet recovery as an option, which does not work. So for the time being I installed Windows...
  8. WINDOWS TO MAC OS X

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WINDOWS TO MAC OS X: How do I convert my desktop PC with Windows 10 to Mac os x? I am a Producer and Sound Engineer, so I work with music quite frequently. I prefer working on my projects and day to day work on OS X....
  9. How to customize Windows OS like Mac OS X?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to customize Windows OS like Mac OS X?: Hello I'm a Mac user who's moved to PC after decades of Mac use. I do 3D computer graphics. I still do office communication & office work on a Mac laptop and share files via Dropbox. I'd like to customize my PC with various add-ons, but I'm afraid to this without a better...
  10. Move Windows OS to Mac

in Windows 10 Support
    Move Windows OS to Mac: Hi, I had Windows 7 on my HP laptop and then upgraded to Windows 10 and as the laptop is getting old I would be buying a Macbook Pro to replace it and just wondering as how I can move my Windows 10 OS to Mac and create a dual boot OS on Mac. Appreciate your detailed...