Windows 10: Alignment grid

Discus and support Alignment grid in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I really need to get rid of the alignment grid. It is driving me crazy, and I don't know how it turned on!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MartieM424, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Alignment grid

I really need to get rid of the alignment grid. It is driving me crazy, and I don't know how it turned on!

:)

MartieM424, Jul 6, 2018
  2. antiedman Win User

"align to Grid" grid Size: What is the grids size and how can I draw it!

What I want to do: Create a desktop backround of gridlines that are synced to the "align to Grid"grid.

What I'm going for: I am trying to create visual vertical and horizontal lines of Microsofts invisible "Align to grid" grid. (sidenote: Why????, Because i'm that guy who for some reason wants to actually see the grid as a desktop backround... nice neat little
    squares of joy! )

1. What is the align to grid size default?

2. What is the single positive or negative data value of the icon spaceing? Someone please explain what that single number is, where does it come from... What does that mean.... the single positive or negative data value of the icon spaceing... is it
    a combination of px X px, is it the x/y of the grid ....

3. Is there an "Align to grid" template out on the web or do I need to create my own? has some person already done this?

antiedman, Jul 6, 2018
  3. unwanted "Alignment Grid"

Suddenly I have an "Alignment Grid" on my screen. How can I remove it? I tried tools to get rid of it. No luck.

LThompson777, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Alignment grid

My desktop icons move to a grid on the left for no reason

Hello,

If your icons are aligned to a grid, this means that the settings of your desktop are currently auto arranged and automatically aligned. Since you want to rearrange your desktop icons on however you like them, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Right-click at a blank area on your desktop.
    • Hover on View.
    • In the right pane, look for Auto arrange icons. If it's checked, make sure to uncheck it.
    • Hover again on View.
    • This time, look for Align icons to grid. If it's checked, make sure to uncheck it.

After doing these steps, you'll be able to rearrange all your desktop icons again on how you want it.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Alignment grid

1. Alignment grid - Similar Threads - Alignment grid

2. Windows 10 desktop is misaligned because icons not aligning to grid.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 desktop is misaligned because icons not aligning to grid.: All the icons on my Windows 10 desktop are spaced too far apart. As a result some icons are not even visible. When I right click on the desktop>view>align icons to grid. Nothing happens. It's the same with 'auto arrange icons'. Neither command seems to work. If I select small...
  3. Windows 10 desktop is misaligned because icons not aligning to grid.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 desktop is misaligned because icons not aligning to grid.: All the icons on my Windows 10 desktop are spaced too far apart. As a result some icons are not even visible. When I right click on the desktop>view>align icons to grid. Nothing happens. It's the same with 'auto arrange icons'. Neither command seems to work. If I select small...
  4. Windows 10 desktop is misaligned because icons not aligning to grid.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows has no option to disable "align to grid" in folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows has no option to disable "align to grid" in folders?: Has Windows truly disabled the ability to allow folders to float freely within a file system?This had been around since the 80's on my Mac Plus. In 2023, you can't arrange folders how you WANT?This can't be real.You really can't understand why people would want to organize...
  6. Windows has no option to disable "align to grid" in folders?

Windows has no option to disable "align to grid" in folders?: Has Windows truly disabled the ability to allow folders to float freely within a file system?This had been around since the 80's on my Mac Plus. In 2023, you can't arrange folders how you WANT?This can't be real.You really can't understand why people would want to organize...
  7. Desktop "Align Icons to Grid" option greyed out, how do i make them usable again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop "Align Icons to Grid" option greyed out, how do i make them usable again?: Hello,I have a Problem with my desktop because i can't change some right click settings like "Align Icons to grid" or "Auto Arrange Icons" and the whole "sort section is greyed out.I have found out that it might have something to do with a Program that changed something in...
  8. Desktop "Align Icons to Grid" option greyed out, how do i make them usable again?

Desktop "Align Icons to Grid" option greyed out, how do i make them usable again?: Hello,I have a Problem with my desktop because i can't change some right click settings like "Align Icons to grid" or "Auto Arrange Icons" and the whole "sort section is greyed out.I have found out that it might have something to do with a Program that changed something in...
  9. Align icons to grid - i cannot disable this setting no matter what

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Align icons to grid - i cannot disable this setting no matter what: I tried to disable it from the registry editor and it simply does not work, and also from view - tried deselecting this option. I have no solutions any more. can anyone help? windows has been just installed on my laptop. And the icons were showing in grid from the start....
  10. Align icons to grid - i cannot disable this setting no matter what

Align icons to grid - i cannot disable this setting no matter what: I tried to disable it from the registry editor and it simply does not work, and also from view - tried deselecting this option. I have no solutions any more. can anyone help? windows has been just installed on my laptop. And the icons were showing in grid from the start....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. alignment grid