Windows 10: All app names on my computer are the same after i tried to make a folder

Discus and support All app names on my computer are the same after i tried to make a folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was trying to make a server for a game, and when i made the folder, all file names were changed to the name of the file name. I've tried looking all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by qJared, May 2, 2020.

1. qJared Win User

All app names on my computer are the same after i tried to make a folder

I was trying to make a server for a game, and when i made the folder, all file names were changed to the name of the file name. I've tried looking all over the internet and cant find a solution.

:)

qJared, May 2, 2020
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

Split Steam app folder between 2 HDD?

As the title suggests I want to find out if there's a way I can split my steam app folder on to 2 drives, specifically an SSD that I will be putting my OS and most used games and apps and a regular HDD for everything else?

NdMk2o1o, May 2, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 2, 2020
  4. All app names on my computer are the same after i tried to make a folder

Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, May 2, 2020
Thema:

All app names on my computer are the same after i tried to make a folder

1. All app names on my computer are the same after i tried to make a folder - Similar Threads - app names computer

2. Same file name on same folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Same file name on same folder: Hi . I have windows 10 And it hepend few times that i same file name and same file format qt the same folderThis time i didnt change the name of the exact filesI just download the files from email and download two times than put them on the same folder..and it let me...Ive...
  3. Same file name on same folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Same file name on same folder: Hi . I have windows 10 And it hepend few times that i same file name and same file format qt the same folderThis time i didnt change the name of the exact filesI just download the files from email and download two times than put them on the same folder..and it let me...Ive...
  4. Same file name on same folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. old user name folder make my app crash

old user name folder make my app crash: I just bought my laptop today. then when I signed up for a Microsoft account at the beginning of the setup everything went smoothly, until I realized that the user name folder entered my name only partially, so I tried to replace it with a tutorial on the internet. I saved...
  6. old user name folder make my app crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    old user name folder make my app crash: I just bought my laptop today. then when I signed up for a Microsoft account at the beginning of the setup everything went smoothly, until I realized that the user name folder entered my name only partially, so I tried to replace it with a tutorial on the internet. I saved...
  7. Folders with the same name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders with the same name: Is there a way to create a folder on the same drive and with the same name in Windows 10?I did it years ago but I don't remember, could someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-with-the-same-name/06f77a02-0984-4102-a874-c4c55e782ea4
  8. Folders with the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders with the same name: Is there a way to create a folder on the same drive and with the same name in Windows 10?I did it years ago but I don't remember, could someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-with-the-same-name/06f77a02-0984-4102-a874-c4c55e782ea4
  9. Folders with the same name

10. Two folders of the same name in the same folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Two folders of the same name in the same folder: Hi All, Could someone please help me to understand if there is any problems with this. By accident, I just discovered one of my folders has two subfolders which are of exactly the same name, though their date stamps are different. It must have come about when I mass...