Windows 10: All application packages windows 2012/2016 differences

Discus and support All application packages windows 2012/2016 differences in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have windows server 2012 and 2016 in my environment. Based on security scan I see all application packages account set up on the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JanKratochvilVM, Aug 5, 2021.

1. All application packages windows 2012/2016 differences

Hello, I have windows server 2012 and 2016 in my environment. Based on security scan I see all application packages account set up on the folder:%WinDir%\WinSxS\Backup but it is set up only on 2012 not in 2016 windows serverI know for what exactly all application packages account is used:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-8.1-and-8/hh832040v=ws.11?redirectedfrom=MSDNbutI wonder there is no all application packages permissions in 2016 server under folder %WinDir%\WinSxS\Backup?So my main question is: are there any differneces between 2012/2016 win

:)

JanKratochvilVM, Aug 5, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Runtime Package looks like install every day

Hi Venosaur,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The Visual C++ Redistributable Packages install run-time components of Visual C++ libraries. These components are required to run C++ applications that are developed using Visual Studio 2015 and link dynamically to Visual C++ libraries. These package
    can be used to run such applications on a computer even if it does not have Visual Studio 2015 installed. Different application will use different version required.

I suggest you to refer the link suggested by Yashwanth Kotakuri on February 8, 2016
    and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 (KB3119142) getting installed multiple times on Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, Aug 5, 2021
  3. Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package (KB3119142)

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package is corrupt and not installed properly.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

• Are you getting facing any issues while running other programs?

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Help Article about the update for Microsoft Visual C ++ 2012.

Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package :

Refer to the section: Known issues in this update.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Rehmanpa Win User

All application packages windows 2012/2016 differences

Questions about Windows Server 2016 and 2012 R2

Hey guys, hopefully this is the right section to post my question in. I'm looking at helping out a friend who is working on a server solution for his small business (about 25 employees). He is currently looking at a Dell PowerEdge T430 server, and I am trying to come up with an alternative that doesn't cost like $4000 USD. It seems that Windows Server 2016 charges by Cores and CALs? What are CALs? We're looking to install it onto bare-metal, meaning it's not running in a VM, windows server is going to be installed directly onto it. I was also looking at Windows Server 2012 R2 because it seems a lot cheaper and doesn't do stupid shit like charging per core. Is Windows Server 2012 R2 still a decent option?

I think his main goal is to have people log onto the server as a domain and share files off of it, and save his archives to it. This was going to be my recommended build:
    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4q3Ynn

Again, I'm trying to figure out about Windows Server 2016 vs 2012 R2 and what version of 2016 to get if he decides to go that route. For a raid card since I want to be running those two 6tb hitachi drives in raid 1, I figured something like this LSI card would suffice:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/LSI-9267-8...987173?hash=item21175e7565:gAll application packages windows 2012/2016 differences :pNIAAOSwAuZX5C28

Any thoughts and suggestions? Really could use help with the OS side of things, I think that the hardware I selected is pretty good. I already have a HAF X case I'd just throw in for like $100, which will suffice for a case. Thanks for all your guys' thoughts and suggestions.

Edit: Just to explain why I am so desperately trying to help him get away from Dell, I took a screenshot of the hard drive selection for the customizing Dell Server. They want $163.17 USD per 1TB 7.2K RPM Sata Drive, which is not just ridiculous but it's highway robbery.

All application packages windows 2012/2016 differences 67Cveh5.png

All application packages windows 2012/2016 differences [​IMG]

Rehmanpa, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

All application packages windows 2012/2016 differences

1. All application packages windows 2012/2016 differences - Similar Threads - application packages 2012

2. How to upgrade Windows Server 2012 to 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade Windows Server 2012 to 2016: Hello. We have a 2012 server. We want to update it to 2016 server. We do have a legitimate key. I downloaded the Eval version of the website planning to add the key after to convert it, but it says we cannot do an in place upgrade because it is a different edition. I think...
  3. How to upgrade Windows Server 2012 to 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to upgrade Windows Server 2012 to 2016: Hello. We have a 2012 server. We want to update it to 2016 server. We do have a legitimate key. I downloaded the Eval version of the website planning to add the key after to convert it, but it says we cannot do an in place upgrade because it is a different edition. I think...
  4. All Application Packages Permissions on System folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Application Packages Permissions on System folder: Hello all,I have an outdated piece of software that I am trying to install.When trying to install I was receiving insufficient privilege errors while running as admin and discovered that "All Application Packages" is keeping it from writing to System folders.What controls the...
  5. All Application Packages Permissions on System folder

All Application Packages Permissions on System folder: Hello all,I have an outdated piece of software that I am trying to install.When trying to install I was receiving insufficient privilege errors while running as admin and discovered that "All Application Packages" is keeping it from writing to System folders.What controls the...
  6. Windows Server 2012 Can't Install Office 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2012 Can't Install Office 2016: Hi,We have Windows Server 2012 64-bit that had Office 2016 64-bit installed in it; however, after it had some license activation error, we uninstalled it and then when trying to install it, we got 2 errors:1. Error Code: 0-2031 170042. Error Code: 30201-44We tried the...
  7. Windows 10 / 2016 Package KB4074590

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 / 2016 Package KB4074590: I'm look for a way to get a download for KB4074590 so I can add it to a install.wim like the link below.https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askcore/2011/02/15/how-to-use-dism-to-install-a-hotfix-from-within-windows/It seems that Microsoft has removed it from the catalog but,...
  8. Windows 10 / 2016 Package KB4074590

Windows 10 / 2016 Package KB4074590: I'm look for a way to get a download for KB4074590 so I can add it to a install.wim like the link below.https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askcore/2011/02/15/how-to-use-dism-to-install-a-hotfix-from-within-windows/It seems that Microsoft has removed it from the catalog but,...
  9. Windows 10 / 2016 Package KB4074590

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Missing "All Applications Packages" in Registry and Folder's Group

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing "All Applications Packages" in Registry and Folder's Group: Hi there, I had accidentally removed the "All Applications Packages" group in a file's/folder'sProperties-Security- Group or user names. It also appears that the group is removed in the registry. I want to know the process to restore it to default or how to add the "All...