Windows 10: All applications close when laptop goes to sleep

Discus and support All applications close when laptop goes to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a brand new XPS 13 9380. Whenever my laptop goes to sleep it exits out all of the applications that were open. How do I fix it so they don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by EricSohn, May 30, 2019.

1. EricSohn Win User

All applications close when laptop goes to sleep

I have a brand new XPS 13 9380. Whenever my laptop goes to sleep it exits out all of the applications that were open. How do I fix it so they don't close out?

Thanks

:)

EricSohn, May 30, 2019

2. Laptop goes to sleep when the LID is closed while playing the game.

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your laptop regarding the sleep mode while playing game. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Have you connected the external monitor to the Laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you facing this issue specifically when playing the specific Game?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent updates installed?
    This issue might have caused due to the power settings for the closing of LID is set to sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 30, 2019
  3. Sleep Mode closes all applications

When I wake up my laptop from sleep it appears to have closed all the applications including chrome tabs and word documents. With word it is causing a lot of lost material.

This started happening back in January, and I still haven't found a fix - Please suggest something.

Karimu Corbeek, May 30, 2019
  4. All applications close when laptop goes to sleep

Can't close laptop without monitor sleeping.

Hi Carol,

A factor why your laptop goes to sleep when you close the lid is due to the configuration of the power settings. To configure the power settings to do nothing when you close the lid, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R > Type powercfg.cpl in the box > Hit
      OK.
    • From the left side panel, select Choose what closing the lid does > Under
      Power button and lid settings set the options beside When I close the lid: for
      On battery and Plugged in to Do nothing.
    • Click Save changes.

Let us know the result.

Regile Reb, May 30, 2019
Thema:

All applications close when laptop goes to sleep

1. All applications close when laptop goes to sleep - Similar Threads - applications close laptop

2. My laptop continues to sleep when lid is closed.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop continues to sleep when lid is closed.: I changed the options to 'Do Nothing' when I close the lid, yet it still sleeps when I do it. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-continues-to-sleep-when-lid-is-closed/c52cc16f-5f88-4d6d-b3d9-5b0e6014e9a4
  3. Laptop closes programes when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop closes programes when lid is closed: This past few days whenever i close the laptop lid with the laptop is still on whenever i later return to the laptop open the lid all programes that i had opened even the web browser are closed, anyone offer any help to fix this so that all programs that were opened remain...
  4. Laptop goes to sleep when lid closed on fullscreen apps, even though the settings say otherwise

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop goes to sleep when lid closed on fullscreen apps, even though the settings say otherwise: As mentioned in the title, this only occurs when running fullscreen programs, such as games. I tend to use an external monitor for my laptop, so for space management its better for me to keep the lid closed. The issue is, even though ive set it in settings so that closing the...
  5. Win 10 Pro Laptop goes to sleep when I close lid

Win 10 Pro Laptop goes to sleep when I close lid: Despite setting the Power Options to 'Do Nothing' when I close my laptop lid, there is a strange quirk. Whenever I am trying to play a game using my external monitor, whenever I close the lid the laptop turns off. If I am watching netflix or youtube, nothing happens. It...
  6. Windows 10 laptop no longer sleeping when lid closed

Windows 10 laptop no longer sleeping when lid closed: My Lenovo Yoga 910, since updates in late 2018, is no longer sleeping when I close the lid. I'll pull it out of my backpack sleeve and it will be overheating from lack of airflow or the battery will be dead. I have power settings set to sleep when lid closed, display turn off...
  7. Microsoft: What is your fix for Win 10 closing all programs when computer goes into sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft: What is your fix for Win 10 closing all programs when computer goes into sleep mode?: For over a month, every time my computer goes into sleep mode, ALL OF MY PROGRAMS ARE CLOSED. This problem started AFTER a Windows update. I have read forum after forum where others have the same, major problem. Work is being lost, but no real answers are being posted. What...
  8. External Monitor goes out of range when I close the laptop lid.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Monitor goes out of range when I close the laptop lid.: I have connected an external monitor to my laptop (windows 10). When I keep the laptop open, it works fine. The refresh rate is 60 Hz and resolution on both of them automatically gets set to 1360x768. But if I select 'Use only monitor 2' in display settings, or if I close the...
  9. sleep mode, closed screen, closed laptop, and when is turned back, scr

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep mode, closed screen, closed laptop, and when is turned back, scr: my dell inspiron when is much time under sleep mode, closed screen, closed laptop, and when is turned back, screen is black with visible light on it, led light, and i can move cursor if i leave it like that for few minutes i can also notice dim screen, like even that black...
  10. All apps close when I close laptop lid - why?

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps close when I close laptop lid - why?: The Low battery action is set to Hibernate, and Battery notification is On for both battery and plugged in modes. Mike