Windows 10: All applications close when laptop goes to sleep

Discus and support All applications close when laptop goes to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a brand new XPS 13 9380. Whenever my laptop goes to sleep it exits out all of the applications that were open. How do I fix it so they don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by EricSohn, May 30, 2019.

1. EricSohn Win User

All applications close when laptop goes to sleep

I have a brand new XPS 13 9380. Whenever my laptop goes to sleep it exits out all of the applications that were open. How do I fix it so they don't close out?

Thanks

:)

EricSohn, May 30, 2019

2. Laptop goes to sleep when the LID is closed while playing the game.

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your laptop regarding the sleep mode while playing game. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Have you connected the external monitor to the Laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you facing this issue specifically when playing the specific Game?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent updates installed?
    This issue might have caused due to the power settings for the closing of LID is set to sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 30, 2019
  3. Sleep Mode closes all applications

When I wake up my laptop from sleep it appears to have closed all the applications including chrome tabs and word documents. With word it is causing a lot of lost material.

This started happening back in January, and I still haven't found a fix - Please suggest something.

Karimu Corbeek, May 30, 2019
  4. All applications close when laptop goes to sleep

Can't close laptop without monitor sleeping.

Hi Carol,

A factor why your laptop goes to sleep when you close the lid is due to the configuration of the power settings. To configure the power settings to do nothing when you close the lid, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R > Type powercfg.cpl in the box > Hit
      OK.
    • From the left side panel, select Choose what closing the lid does > Under
      Power button and lid settings set the options beside When I close the lid: for
      On battery and Plugged in to Do nothing.
    • Click Save changes.

Let us know the result.

Regile Reb, May 30, 2019
Thema:

All applications close when laptop goes to sleep

1. All applications close when laptop goes to sleep - Similar Threads - applications close laptop

2. apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode: Hi,I have been experiencing an issue with the sleep mode since the windows last update; the issue is some apps like drawboard PDF and media player close automatically when the laptop goes on the sleep mode.I have tried troubleshooting the power but with no success.Is there...
  3. apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode: Hi,I have been experiencing an issue with the sleep mode since the windows last update; the issue is some apps like drawboard PDF and media player close automatically when the laptop goes on the sleep mode.I have tried troubleshooting the power but with no success.Is there...
  4. All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode: i have ASUS Zephyrus G15 2022 with windows 11 home installed, every time i go to sleep mode / hibernate mode and leave my laptop, after come back hours later, i found that all my apps was closed, i lost all my web pages and documents i had opened before. how can i fix this?....
  5. All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode

All programs are closed when laptop goes to sleep or hibernate mode: i have ASUS Zephyrus G15 2022 with windows 11 home installed, every time i go to sleep mode / hibernate mode and leave my laptop, after come back hours later, i found that all my apps was closed, i lost all my web pages and documents i had opened before. how can i fix this?....
  6. Why all applications close when PC goes to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why all applications close when PC goes to sleep?: Since I installed Windows 11 when my PC goes to sleep, all applications are closed and when I turn PC on, it starts from zero so all documents need to be recovered.There are cases in which sleep mode works fine but those are kind of exceptions. I don´t know what to do to...
  7. Why all applications close when PC goes to sleep?

Why all applications close when PC goes to sleep?: Since I installed Windows 11 when my PC goes to sleep, all applications are closed and when I turn PC on, it starts from zero so all documents need to be recovered.There are cases in which sleep mode works fine but those are kind of exceptions. I don´t know what to do to...
  8. Windows closes all applications on sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows closes all applications on sleep: When I put my computer to sleep, sometimes all the applications I had open would be force closed. When I reopen chrome, it says 'restore tabs' which means that chrome had been forcibly closed by something. I have attempted to enable hybrid sleep but it is not an option on the...
  9. Windows closes all applications on sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows closes all applications on sleep: When I put my computer to sleep, sometimes all the applications I had open would be force closed. When I reopen chrome, it says 'restore tabs' which means that chrome had been forcibly closed by something. I have attempted to enable hybrid sleep but it is not an option on the...
  10. All Applications Automatically Close When Laptop Goes to Sleep/Is Inactive - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    All Applications Automatically Close When Laptop Goes to Sleep/Is Inactive - Windows 10: Hello, I have a Lenovo Flex - Windows 10. Whenever my laptop goes to sleep, any applications I've had are closed and need to be reopened upon start up. This doesn't discriminate: it happens with everything from chrome, to office apps, to photos and the file folder. I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. applications close laptop sleep

2. applications closed when pc goes to sleep